Tim Deremer Has Died

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Michael Close

Tim Deremer Has Died

Postby Michael Close » June 22nd, 2015, 3:34 pm

I just got the sad news that Tim Deremer of Canton, Ohio, has died.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/indeon ... =175129907

Eric DeCamps

Re: Tim Deremer Has Died

Postby Eric DeCamps » June 22nd, 2015, 5:25 pm

Very sorry to read this news. Condolences to his family and may Tim rest in peace.

Dan Smith

Postby Dan Smith » June 22nd, 2015, 7:16 pm

Very sad to read this news. I grew up in Canton, OH and Tim was the local magician who performed at my elementary school and ran the local magic shop. I wished I gotten to know him after I was an adult. Many fond memories of the man.

"See the butter fly!"

Dan

hugmagic

Postby hugmagic » June 22nd, 2015, 7:25 pm

Tim was a good friend and good magician. I remember the last time he worked Abbott's some guys in the wings saying "he is really good". Yes he was with good old fashioned family entertainment that he had performed and honed for years. Corny at time and full of puns, it was entertaining and "G" rated.
24 Years ago, he decided that an old fashioned magic convention was needed like they used to be. One that gave friends a chance to visit, have fun, see top acts and not break the bank. The Battle of Magicians did that year after year. Lots of great acts and crazy memories. Like free haircuts in the back of the show room during a show. Or a raffle prize of a free grave site. Not only could an act die but then he had place to go. Of course, he had to use it in one year to be valid.
Crazy stuff but all part of the most fun convention around.
Ask the acts that worked the shows which were 90% real people how great it was. They asked to comeback work time and time again. Tim thought outside the box, saved people money, gave them a great convention, and made a little bit of money. National conventions could learn a lot how he produced and ran a convention.
Tim was the first brick and morter store I ever went to. He has been a big part of magic life. Whether working the carnival stuff at fairs, backstage at the Battle, or just jackpotting with each other, he will be missed.
Rest in peace, dear friend. Follow the arrows and I will see you down the road.
Richard
Richard Hughes
www.hughesmagic.com

Return to “Buzz”