225: My Week at the Magic Castle 2015 - Part Six

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Scott Wells

225: My Week at the Magic Castle 2015 - Part Six

Postby Scott Wells » May 28th, 2015, 11:29 am

In this final installment of the six week series of podcasts from the Magic Castle, we start in the Close-Up Gallery with a chat with the Entertainment Director, Jack Goldfinger. He is always a delight to talk with and no podcast from the Academy of Magical Arts would be complete without hearing more gems of truth and wisdom from this gentleman. We then walk down to the Parlour of Prestidigitation where we chat with Tony Clark before he prepares for his first show of the evening there. Tony is one busy guy, not only as a performer but also as a producer, lecturer and dealer. He has lots of projects on the table and probably no less than three or four "balls in the air" at any one time.

From the Parlour, we go backstage next door to the Palace of Mystery where we catch up with Jonathan Neal before he prepares for his first show of the evening. J. Neal has had a most illustrious career aboard cruise ships and in Las Vegas. He is energetic and very active. I certainly couldn't keep up with him, but then again, I'm not a jogger. He does five to ten miles a day! Wow!

The Academy of Magical Arts provides lecturers for its members and for the past 35 years or so, the program has been run by Lee Delano. More than a magician, Lee is best known as an actor in film and television. He was long associated with Sid Caesar and his "Your Show of Shows" when television was young. But he also appeared in an episode of the TV show, "Star Trek". He was also as "Malo",one of the Apes in "Planet of the Apes".

We started this podcast series with a chat with Howard Hamburg and Newell Unfried. Newell told many stories about Hollywood Magic ans some of the guys who worked there and some of the celebrity customers who came in. Well, this podcast series comes full circle by concluding the series with a chat with two of those old-time demonstrators, Christopher Hart and Ray Pierce. They verify the stories told by Newell plus shed some light and tell some additional tales from those days gone by.

You can read the blog, see some photos, listen to the podcast online or download the MP3 file at: http://themagicwordpodcast.com/scottwel ... 5-part-six And as always, you can download the podcast from iTunes, Stitcher, Tunein and FeedPress.

I hope you enjoyed this series but I would like to hear back from you. I seem to do all the talking. Now it's your turn. Please let me know if you think this six part series was too long, too short, or just right. And what did you like the most or least. I'd like to have your thoughts so I can structure future podcasts to entertain you "as you like it."
Visit The Magic Word at http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

Return to “Buzz”