The June Issue of Genii is Now Live: Look Who's On the Cover

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

The June Issue of Genii is Now Live: Look Who's On the Cover

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 13th, 2015, 8:56 pm

Our cover subject this month is Stan Allen! Bet you thought you'd never see that. A great article by Dustin Stinett that tells you a lot you never knew about the editor of MAGIC magazine. We also have a 20-minute video of Stan being interviewed by Max Maven at The Magic Castle some years ago.

Our columnists start with Jon Racherbaumer, whose curiosity seems to have gotten the best of him and has “Slanted” into invisibility.

* The popular font of wisdom, Mr. Burger, returns this month with an entry from his notebook on the best way to give a gift during a magic performance. Look for the video in our digital issue.

* Max Maven wallops your scissors with his rock in “Lost Horizons.”

* David Britland contributes what I think is the shortest column in the past 17 years of Genii in this month’s “Cardopolis” but he manages to squeeze in a very fine trick.

* If you’re above the age of 75, you might remember when the local pharmacist used to compound your prescriptions on the spot by grinding up the contents with a mortar and pestle. You can also do a fine trick the same way, as John Gaughan reveals this month in “The Chamber of Secrets.”

* The phrase “packs small, plays big” has become a cliché, however the truth of it remains rock solid. In this month’s “Conjuring” Jim Steinmeyer explains a sensational piece of magic that will give your standup show a bit of a kick.

* Jonathan Pendragon regales us with further tales of his travels working in the road-show version of Masters of Illusion.

* In this month’s “Magicana” Andi Gladwin brings us four new items—my favorite is Eric Eswin’s version of “The Moving Hole.” Watch the video in the digital edition and you’ll agree with me.

* Of course we have “Knights at The Magic Castle,” and reviews of books (welcome our new staff member John Guastaferro), videos (from soon-to-be I.B.M. president Joe M. Turner), and tricks from Lazarus … er, David Oliver.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

erdnasephile

Re: The June Issue of Genii is Now Live: Look Who's On the C

Postby erdnasephile » May 13th, 2015, 9:39 pm

What a nice surprise!

Stan was one of my first teachers in magic, and he's a great guy. I'm very much looking forward to the article.

Does this mean the editor of Genii will soon be on the cover of MAGIC as well?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 13th, 2015, 9:45 pm

You'll have to ask Stan about that the next time you speak to him.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » May 15th, 2015, 8:39 am

Great cover article!

And …. rats! Tried to watch the videos on the iPad last night, and YouTube informs me that they have "upgraded" to a new version, and the new version is no longer supported on my first-edition iPad. Not Genii's fault, but still annoying. Hey, kids. Guess what I want for Father's Day.

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Postby Ted M » May 18th, 2015, 2:23 pm

Great news in More Genii Speaks about Helder Guimaraes joining the team!

Also nice show and tell with Tomas Blomberg's new book and the boutique items from Half Half Man.

Do you have statistical data that indicate how many subscribers from Colombia listen to Max's audio column?

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » June 2nd, 2015, 4:52 am

Hard copy received today in Manchester, UK.

Return to “Buzz”