219: Lee Earle - Clear Vision

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Scott Wells

219: Lee Earle - Clear Vision

Postby Scott Wells » April 16th, 2015, 10:48 am

Lee Earle seemed to have a clear vision of where he was going from the very start.

In this week's podcast, Lee talks about performing on a self-made circuit in Recreational Vehicle (RV) Parks. On a side note, I spoke with Oscar Munoz who said he remembers watching Lee perform back in the 1970's in an RV Park in the McAllen, Texas area. Lee was a comedy magician who blazed this trail and eventually burned it up completely. He shares the reasons why as he tells some stories from that experience.

During that time, he evolved from comedy magic to mentalism where he found his true calling. In the late 1980's he presented "Manifestations", a seance experience in Phoenix, Arizona. He relates some rather, uh, unusual stories from that era, too.

Many of you know Lee from his partnership with Larry Becker in their company, "Mentalism Unlimited" which turned out lots of great products and books for the mentalist. He talks a little about this partnership, too.

In this week's blog, you can read a bit more about Lee, see some photos, listen online or download the MP3 file at: http://themagicwordpodcast.com/scottwel ... /lee-earle There is additional content on the blog that you cannot get on iTunes or anywhere else. At the bottom of the blog, there is a link to our luncheon conversation where Lee talks about the three "posts", "legs" or "columns" upon which mentalism is based. Lee has definite ideas about mentalism and how it should be performed and how it is perceived by the public. You don't want to miss this additional audio recording.

You can download and subscribe to The Magic Word Podcast through iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn and FeecPress. However you hear us, thank you for listening.

And a special thanks goes out this week to John Graybeal to pledged his ongoing support by becoming a patron through Patreon.com. As a result of his donation, I have ordered a Blue "Yeti" microphone which I hope will make future broadcasts sound even better. Thanks John.
Visit The Magic Word at http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

Return to “Buzz”