Brand New John Bannon Book: Destination Zero now available!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
gfajuri

Brand New John Bannon Book: Destination Zero now available!

Postby gfajuri » January 24th, 2015, 5:48 pm

After nearly two years since the release of his last book, a brand new volume by John Bannon, Destination Zero, is now available from Squash Publishing.

A departure from Bannon’s usual form, this hardbound collection is filled with 25 self-working routines from the mind of one of the most respected creators of card magic. Each effect is described in the familiar, conversational style Bannon’s books have become known for. But, these are not your typical non-sleight-of-hand tricks. Bannon has thoroughly analyzed each effect and backed up subtle principles with carefully layered thinking. He looks for synergies and leverages the methods as much as possible observing his philosophy: “One plus one should equal three – or more. Otherwise, why bother?”

Every effect in the book can be accomplished with regular cards – without gaffs, crimps, pencil dots, punches, or marks. These highly-refined constructions is sure to change the way you think about self-working card magic.

Destination Zero is a quality, hardbound volume, 209 pages long, and illustrated with over 100 crystal-clear photographs, bound in cloth with a full color jacket and two-color stamped case. Books will ship week of Feb 6, 2015. Anyone at Magi-Fest next week can pick one up there and have it signed by John, who will be lecturing at the convention.

Otherwise, pre-order your copy now at http://www.squashpublishing.com.

Chris Aguilar

Re: Brand New John Bannon Book: Destination Zero now availab

Postby Chris Aguilar » January 26th, 2015, 1:53 pm

You did such a great job producing "High Caliber" that I had no hesitation in pre-ordering this from John.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » January 26th, 2015, 3:04 pm

I've got my order in, Gabe!

Matt Field

Still learning

Postby Still learning » January 26th, 2015, 3:14 pm

Ordered mine from Bannon's site yesterday.

Anthony Vinson

Postby Anthony Vinson » January 26th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Ordered my copy from John last week. The February issue of Magic arrived today and I noticed that there's an excerpt from the book included.

Return to “Buzz”