Some Fun New Magic Themed T-shirts

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tom Dobrowolski

Some Fun New Magic Themed T-shirts

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » November 29th, 2014, 7:38 pm

My good friend and talented artist and magician Mike LaPidus has designed some great new magic themed t-shirts! They are all terrific. You're going to want to order these for your magician friends and/or yourself for the holidays!! I've seen them in person and they are great, You can check them out and order some here!

http://prestidigitees.com/

mrgoat

Re: Some Fun New Magic Themed T-shirts

Postby mrgoat » November 30th, 2014, 2:15 pm

I wonder how many more he'd sell if he charged a reasonable price for them?

Waterman
Favorite Magician: Don Alan

Postby Waterman » November 30th, 2014, 2:54 pm

mrgoat wrote:I wonder how many more he'd sell if he charged a reasonable price for them?

Bah humbug.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 30th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Damian: Believe it or not, his prices are not out of line with the norm in the US message-style T-Shirt market.

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » November 30th, 2014, 3:50 pm

Hi mrgoat,

This is Mike LaPidus and I had the shirts made. First of I want to thank you for your feedback. All feedback is appreciated! I do have to say tho that I feel you'd change your mind if you actually saw and felt one of these shirts.

For anyone who hasn't been able to read the "About" or "Blog" section of my site I want to reiterate that these are not your standard garden variety skimpy t-shirts with iron-on plasticol transfers ( a process which is harmful to the environment ) that will crack after your first couple washes…of the likes you'd purchase at a rock concert or even the mass produced licensed apparels.

I chose, and felt others would approve, to go the more quality eco-friendly route and to use thick 5.4 oz quality ringspun cotton shirts. They are really nice shirts! The printing on each shirt is all hand silk screened, not iron on transferred, using a special water based printing process that actually re-dyes the color of the shirt making the artwork a permanent part of the fabric that will not crack. The art will last for the life of the shirt. Shirts with multiple colors need multiple screens and considerably more time to produce one shirt, unlike the one time heat pressed multicolored plasticol iron-ons. This water based printing technique is more expensive then the iron ons, that is for sure. I did my best to produce the highest quality shirts from the concepts and artwork to the final product. I do not print these myself, I pay to have them made. Of course, if I had the means to silk screen them myself or pay to have massive print runs of each shirt made, that could certainly bring the cost down a little, but due to the limited market that I've chosen to cater to and a product that isn't even a magic effect or book/dvd, I chose to keep the runs for each shirt small to see if there's even interest. I certainly don't think people would choose to have skimpy cracking shirts that won't last for $5-$8 less over a more quality item.

I hope this helps shed some light on what I have to offer and I wish you all the best of holidays!

Mike

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 30th, 2014, 5:20 pm

Damien, you're completely off base with your comment. His prices are on the lower side of the quality custom T-shirt market in the US.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » November 30th, 2014, 8:18 pm

Thank you Dustin and Richard!

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » December 1st, 2014, 10:21 am

Cyber Monday sale today! Enter coupon code CYBER15 at checkout for 15% off your order today only until midnight central time!

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » December 1st, 2014, 12:41 pm

Prestidigitees wrote:Hi mrgoat,

This is Mike LaPidus and I had the shirts made. First of I want to thank you for your feedback. All feedback is appreciated! I do have to say tho that I feel you'd change your mind if you actually saw and felt one of these shirts.

For anyone who hasn't been able to read the "About" or "Blog" section of my site I want to reiterate that these are not your standard garden variety skimpy t-shirts with iron-on plasticol transfers ( a process which is harmful to the environment ) that will crack after your first couple washes…of the likes you'd purchase at a rock concert or even the mass produced licensed apparels.

I chose, and felt others would approve, to go the more quality eco-friendly route and to use thick 5.4 oz quality ringspun cotton shirts. They are really nice shirts! The printing on each shirt is all hand silk screened, not iron on transferred, using a special water based printing process that actually re-dyes the color of the shirt making the artwork a permanent part of the fabric that will not crack. The art will last for the life of the shirt. Shirts with multiple colors need multiple screens and considerably more time to produce one shirt, unlike the one time heat pressed multicolored plasticol iron-ons. This water based printing technique is more expensive then the iron ons, that is for sure. I did my best to produce the highest quality shirts from the concepts and artwork to the final product. I do not print these myself, I pay to have them made. Of course, if I had the means to silk screen them myself or pay to have massive print runs of each shirt made, that could certainly bring the cost down a little, but due to the limited market that I've chosen to cater to and a product that isn't even a magic effect or book/dvd, I chose to keep the runs for each shirt small to see if there's even interest. I certainly don't think people would choose to have skimpy cracking shirts that won't last for $5-$8 less over a more quality item.

I hope this helps shed some light on what I have to offer and I wish you all the best of holidays!

Mike

Well colour me corrected!

Always worth paying for quality.

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » December 15th, 2014, 12:06 am

Happy Holidays everyone!!! We are offering free shipping on our shirts in CONUS until the 25th of this month! Use checkout code GIFTSHIP25. Check out our whole line at prestidigitees.com and thanks for your interest!

kevinm

Postby kevinm » December 15th, 2014, 9:34 am

I ordered a few shirts as part of the Cyber Monday sale and received the shirts quickly. The shirts are very good quality. Recommended!

Kevin

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » December 17th, 2014, 11:47 am

Thrilled you like your shirts, Kevin! Thanks for the review!

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » March 2nd, 2015, 6:15 pm

It's starting to get warmer! Now's a great time to pick up those Prestidigitees you want for the summertime with FREE SHIPPING in CONUS until March 16th, 2015! Use coupon code FREESHIPMAR2015 at prestidigitees.com

P.T. Murphy

Postby P.T. Murphy » March 3rd, 2015, 9:31 am

I was surprised at the quality. And the designs are very cool. Fast shipping. And Mike is a swell guy. :)
"Those who do not believe in magic
will never find it. " -Roald Dahl

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » March 3rd, 2015, 11:11 am

Thanks so much P.T.! You're quite swell as well! Glad you like your Okito shirt! :D
Last edited by Prestidigitees on March 3rd, 2015, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » March 3rd, 2015, 11:12 am

Due to a glitch in our website program, we've removed the need to use the coupon code. Any orders shipped in the USA will automatically receive FREE SHIPPING until March 16th. :)

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » March 9th, 2015, 1:37 pm

Just a reminder that there is a little less then one week left in our March FREE SHIPPING promotion . Add a little magic to your wardrobe this summer with T-shirts from prestidigitees.com :) http://prestidigitees.com/collections/all

Gary Kosnitzky
Favorite Magician: Vazhakunnam Neelakanthan Namboothiri

Postby Gary Kosnitzky » March 12th, 2015, 5:13 pm

I ordered the Okito shirt. It is the softest T-Shirt I own.
Most importantly my wife says I look hot in this shirt.
I haven't looked hot in 30 years.

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » March 13th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Haha! So glad we could help Gary! Thanks for the review, your second shirt went out today!

Mike

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » March 15th, 2015, 2:01 pm

FREE SHIPPING in CONIUS ends tonight! Here are some recent photos of some happy owners of Prestidigitees! http://prestidigitees.com/blogs/news/16 ... -gallery-1

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » May 15th, 2015, 6:04 pm

It's FREE SHIPPING time again! Have you updated your magic wardrobe lately? Now's a great time with FREE SHIPPING in CONUS until June 1st!

http://prestidigitees.com

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » May 25th, 2015, 12:13 pm

Some of you who know me know that for years I've enjoyed making some rather unique, Harry Eng inspired puzzle bottles. I'm happy to announce that they will now be available through prestidigitees.com! If you like impossible objects I really think you're going to enjoy these!...

http://prestidigitees.com/collections/l ... ds-wandery

..and don't forget we're still offering FREE SHIPPING in CONUS on all shirts until June 1st!

Thanks for looking!

Mike LaPidus

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » December 1st, 2015, 7:40 pm

We're celebrating our one year anniversary! Enjoy 25 days of savings on all Prestidigitees! Use coupon code PRESTO2015 at checkout to receive $5.00 off each shirt purchased! Plus, buy two or more shirts and receive FREE SHIPPING in CONUS! Offer good until December 25th 2015 at prestidigitees.com

Wishing you all a magical holidays :)

Mike

Prestidigitees

Postby Prestidigitees » December 15th, 2015, 6:32 pm

Only ten days left in our anniversary holiday sale! Enjoy $5.00 off each shirt purchased! Use coupon code PRESTO2015 at checkout. Plus, buy two or more shirts and receive FREE SHIPPING in CONUS! Offer good until December 25th 2015. Have a happy holidays! prestidigitees.com

Return to “Buzz”