Jim Krenz

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
MartinKaplan

Jim Krenz

Postby MartinKaplan » November 25th, 2014, 3:16 pm

Jim is currently doing a lecture tour in Spain and yesterday he landed in Valencia for a Monday night lecture at the CIVAC, which is one of the local magic clubs. The last time I saw Jim was at Dean's Shoppe and that was a number of years ago. Jim, my wife and I had lunch together and, in true Spanish style it only took us three hours to finish our meal. In truth, most of it was spent in after lunch conversation. It allowed Jim and I to catch up with each other and to discuss a multiplicity of topics.

Last night he lectured for a turnout of some 35 magicians. To Jim's credit he did his performances in Spanish and I translated the teaching portion of the lecture for him. Jim is the perfect combination of technique, presentation and creativity. For me, his Oil and Water, especially the ending, was the treat of the evening.

Many of the magicians stayed on after the lecture and although he began the proceedings at 8:00, he was still going strong at midnight when we locked up.

Jim has been in Spain since mid-October having spent a couple of weeks with Tamariz prior to beginning his lecture tour. Jim was able to attend El Escorial this year, something that I hope to do one of these days. He has a few more stops along the way before he returns to LA in early December.

Krenz
Favorite Magician: Tommy Wonder and Juan Tamariz

Re: Jim Krenz

Postby Krenz » December 6th, 2014, 9:05 pm

Thanks Martin—it was a pleasure to have lunch with you and your wife!

And it was an honor to have you translate my ideas and teachings at my lecture!

¡Hasta la próxima!

Return to “Buzz”