Ask Roberto -- two thumbs up

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
erdnasephile

Ask Roberto -- two thumbs up

Postby erdnasephile » September 30th, 2014, 5:09 pm

I just received the new book from Lybrary.com, Ask Roberto.

I usually pride myself on not missing out on great magic resources, but somehow I was completely ignorant of the "Ask Roberto" program when it was running. Therefore, I was very pleased that this compilation was published.

I've just started devouring the thing, but it's thoughtful, comprehensive, and very stimulating--just like all of Mr. Giobbi's stuff.

The format starts with brief questions from participants on an amazingly wide range of topics. The answers that Roberto generates are full blown essays in many cases. Well-researched, but not pie in the sky stuff at all. They are brutally practical insights from a guy that actually performs for real people night after night, yet manages to express the love he still has for magic.

I opted for the softcover book because I like books; however, if I had to do it again, I might've opted for the package that includes the book and pdf. The origin of the material was an on-line conversation and hyperlinks abound within the text. Still, having the physical book is nicely produced and a lot more convenient for my particular situation.

My favorite chapter thus far is the one on stage fright/performance nervousness. As someone who has a tendency towards hand tremors when nervous, I found 2 GREAT tips I can't wait to try.

In my line of work, we call these types of precious insights, "pearls". Harvesting the other pearls in the book is going to be really fun and useful in the upcoming days.

Really glad I bought this!
Last edited by erdnasephile on September 30th, 2014, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Ask Roberto -- two thumbs up

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 30th, 2014, 5:17 pm

It gets a very good review in Genii.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

lybrary

Postby lybrary » September 30th, 2014, 5:39 pm

If you do want to upgrade to the softcover+PDF bundle there are two ways to do that:

1) Either Paypal the difference ($10 if you upgrade from the softcover or $20 if you upgrade from the PDF), to wasshuber@lybrary.com with a note that you want to upgrade to the bundle. Ideally you would have an order ID, but with your email I can connect the dots.

2) Simply purchase the bundle and add in the comments that you want to upgrade. Then I will issue a refund for your earlier order for the softcover or PDF.
Lybrary.com Magic & Gambling
preserving magic one book at a time

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » September 30th, 2014, 5:51 pm

It is a great book.

Giobbi gives indepth responses to 52 questions sent in by some of the initial purchasers of the book.

And there is other material as well.

It is worth looking over the contents here:

http://www.lybrary.com/ask-roberto-giobbi-p-11669.html

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » September 30th, 2014, 9:15 pm

I had no idea about this until I read the review in this months issue of Genii. After reading the contents list (thanks Joe!) I noticed that the question I would have asked Giobbi is in there! Sometimes things work out better than you can imagine.

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » October 1st, 2014, 1:37 pm

The book is massive.

It works out at 630+ pages of text - if it were a standard book size.

lybrary

Postby lybrary » October 3rd, 2014, 10:03 pm

Anybody who liked "Ask Roberto" will most probably also like our latest product with Roberto Giobbi called "Secret Twitter" http://www.lybrary.com/secret-twitter-p-559912.html

It is again something quite unique and ground breaking. Until end of October you can purchase it at a reduced price.
Lybrary.com Magic & Gambling
preserving magic one book at a time

Return to “Buzz”