Video and Audio Now Added to Some 2013 Back Issues

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Video and Audio Now Added to Some 2013 Back Issues

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 25th, 2014, 1:47 pm

At long last the company who does our digital issues has been able to fix their problem and I have been able to begin the process of adding the video and audio to the back issues. I've started with September through December 2013. All up and functioning now. Will try to do the rest of 2013 today. It's a very tedious and time-consuming process, but I am trying to address your requests and get all the audio and video going back to January 2011 online again.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Doug Thornton
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield, Penn & Teller, Harry Anderson, Derren Brown, Mac King

Re: Video and Audio Now Added to Some 2013 Back Issues

Postby Doug Thornton » September 25th, 2014, 5:14 pm

Thank you, Richard !
Smiles all around
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SAM161CALENDAR/
SAM 161 - The David Copperfield Assembly
https://www.sam161.com/

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 25th, 2014, 5:18 pm

More coming!
Will someone do me a favor and take a nap for me? I don't have the time.

Andres Reynoso

Postby Andres Reynoso » September 25th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Will someone do me a favor and take a nap for me? I don't have the time.

I can do it Richard! In fact I need one.
Andres Reynoso

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 26th, 2014, 10:13 pm

Just reloaded the videos and audios for the April, May, June, July, and August 2013 issues.

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Postby Ted M » September 27th, 2014, 12:06 pm

Yay!

Is there any sort of index available of Genii's multimedia content?

It's pretty hard to track that stuff down. It doesn't even appear in the table of contents.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 28th, 2014, 8:35 pm

Just loaded all the audios for January, February, and March, which completes all of 2013.

There will be a delay in putting up the videos and audios for the 2012 issues in order for the company to finally put the remaining 50 years of back issues into the archive.

Ted: there is no index. If you page through the issues (2013 and 2014) you will see the red circles with arrows in them. Doesn't take long to page through the issue.

If someone wants to make an index and post it here, feel free!

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Postby Ted M » September 28th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Looking ahead, is there any chance you might adjust the layout for the Table of Contents in the magazine and start listing those items in the TOC?

After all, the intractability of leafing through all the pages to find wanted items is the TOC's whole raison d'etre...

Even a small listing of them somewhere would be really helpful. Similar to the Index To Advertisers, even. Although in my fantasy world, each audio column would carry a monthly title, just like print columns. So the Max Maven entry where he trashes Burt Wonderstone or praises The Great Magician or delivers anecdote X would carry some sort of label to aid the reader who seeks the desired content a year after initially listening to it.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » September 29th, 2014, 2:27 pm

I cannot imagine mixing print issue and online issue tables of contents or having to maintain two different ones. You must remember that Genii has a tiny staff.

I have only one frame of reference from the mainstream, so I could be completely off base, but it IS published by Conde Nast, and I think it would be fair to say that they know what they are doing.

The online publication I get from them doesn't even HAVE a Table of Contents let alone one that includes the various videos that are included. The "In This Issue" link is the same as our "Pages" link (but you must scroll through them versus seeing them all). We, of course, have a "Contents" page/link.

Back when this magazine still had a hardcopy edition, it had a TOC, but the online edition didn't.

Since it is Conde Nast, I am going to guess that their other online magazines follow the same model, but I could be wrong (again, I don't have any other frame of reference--this is the only online magazine I get).

I don't know, Ted: maybe tables of contents are becoming "archaic" in this new world of ours.

Return to “Buzz”