C4 - Amazing new visual magic

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
caveman

C4 - Amazing new visual magic

Postby caveman » August 18th, 2014, 4:09 pm

Just saw Jonathan Levit's new color changing card case that he calls C4. If you really had a card case that could change color, I'm guessing this is what it would look like. Great effect. Check it out here:
http://www.jonathanlevit.com/c4.html
and I see you can save 20% for the next couple of weeks.
Mike Caveney

Jonathan Levit

Re: C4 - Amazing new visual magic

Postby Jonathan Levit » August 18th, 2014, 7:01 pm

Thanks, Mike! I'm excited about this one. Been working on it for nearly two years. It's a part of my act, and yes, I'm offering a pre-order discount on my website, through August 30th. Info and the trailer are both there. www.jonathanlevit.com/c4.html.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » August 18th, 2014, 7:35 pm

Looks really great. What's the durability of the gaff?

Jonathan Levit

Postby Jonathan Levit » August 18th, 2014, 7:39 pm

The gimmick is well made and durable. I have given it rigorous testing and dropped it many times and it has held up perfectly.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 18th, 2014, 8:20 pm

Dang! That looks great.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jonathan Levit

Postby Jonathan Levit » August 18th, 2014, 8:27 pm

Thanks, Richard!

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » August 19th, 2014, 12:40 pm

Jonathan:

Great trick!

Would you please consider adding a function to your webpage to allow us to order more than one of these at a time?

Also, is there a "red to blue" option?

Thanks!

Jonathan Levit

Postby Jonathan Levit » August 19th, 2014, 1:02 pm

Thanks for the question! I have just updated the site to allow for multiple quantities to be ordered.

Regarding the blue to red option, at this time this is not available. Due to the limited run of this product, it simply was not possible to offer this.

MManchester

Postby MManchester » August 19th, 2014, 2:02 pm

The video describes this as a color changing card case and concludes with the promise of multiple handlings. Do you see the possibility of extending the effect in other areas if card effects aren't a part of someone's routine? For example, I was thinking that someone could stage a photograph showing an old woman sitting in a chair, the effect is performed and then she appears to be younger. Or is this a fixed effect that can only be applied to a card case?
Michael Manchester
Literacy magic for library and school performances - http://www.librarylegerdemain.com

Jonathan Levit

Postby Jonathan Levit » August 19th, 2014, 2:10 pm

Excellent question and idea! This particular effect really is built around a card case. Any other prop used would need to have an alternate gaff made,if using the same or similar technique to this.

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » August 23rd, 2014, 2:05 pm

While I had told myself a while ago, that I didn't need to buy anything new, and have done well with this... C4 looks pretty cool. Might have to break my promise to myself and order this.

Jonathan Levit

Postby Jonathan Levit » August 23rd, 2014, 2:13 pm

:) I get it, Tom! Trust me. I've done well with this for years. And as of late, I've been having a ball playing, and incorporating, new ideas and effects.

I've been using C4 in my professional act for a while now and I'm so happy with the reaction. It's been a ball to do. Did you see the video of this section of one of my recent performances at the Magic Castle? If not, the link is below.

http://youtu.be/69cUk_NGfEI

If you have any other questions about this, Tom. Don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,

Jonathan

Tom Gilbert wrote:While I had told myself a while ago, that I didn't need to buy anything new, and have done well with this... C4 looks pretty cool. Might have to break my promise to myself and order this.

Shazzbatt

Postby Shazzbatt » August 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm

Jonathan,

Is the colour changing deck routine which precursors the card case changing on the Magic Castle video included with the instructions for C4?

Regards,

Martin.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » August 25th, 2014, 5:50 pm

Looks great. What i really appreciate is how he shows both getting into and getting out of the moment. This isn't a trick that was created for a web cam. It's so great when real world working performers share fully developed ideas. And not a single stupid promise in the ad!

I'm glad I looked at this.

Jonathan Levit

Postby Jonathan Levit » August 25th, 2014, 7:03 pm

Martin,

Thanks for asking!

The routine leading up to the change is not included with C4. This is a routine from my professional close up act. However, very shortly (weeks), Black Rabbit Magic is releasing a DVD that reveals my act. I discuss the methods, thinking, psychology, audience management, etc. That routine is revealed and discussed in that DVD.

Shazzbatt wrote:Jonathan,

Is the colour changing deck routine which precursors the card case changing on the Magic Castle video included with the instructions for C4?

Regards,

Martin.

Jonathan Levit

Postby Jonathan Levit » August 25th, 2014, 7:06 pm

Thanks, Brad! I appreciate the generous words.

I've been using this in my act for a while now, as you can see from the reaction video on my website, and I'm so pleased with the response. It's truly an unexpected and magical moment!

Brad Henderson wrote:Looks great. What i really appreciate is how he shows both getting into and getting out of the moment. This isn't a trick that was created for a web cam. It's so great when real world working performers share fully developed ideas. And not a single stupid promise in the ad!

I'm glad I looked at this.

Jonathan Levit

Postby Jonathan Levit » October 23rd, 2014, 11:44 pm

I'm pleased to announce that C4 is now shipping! It has arrived and I couldn't be happier with the product! And, I'm also happy to announce the release of my new DVD, "Ahead of the Game". I'm thrilled to have both of these available. Thanks to everyone who supported me during the process!

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » October 24th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Mine arrived this morning and I have been playing with it. It's slicker than deer guts on a doorknob. Well done Jonathan! Please remember to send one of these (and a set of your DVDs) to Genii for review!

Jonathan Levit

Postby Jonathan Levit » October 24th, 2014, 6:06 pm

Thanks, Dustin! That's great! And I sent one to Richard yesterday as well.

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Postby NCMarsh » April 3rd, 2015, 8:26 pm

This looks fantastic -- and I echo Brad's appreciation of the way the trailer has been shot. For strolling work, what kind of reset considerations are there? Can this be handled in a way that allows you to go from group to group or would it necessitate stealing a few private moments?

Jonathan Levit

Postby Jonathan Levit » April 4th, 2015, 1:13 am

Great question. The reset is very quick and I would say you would only need a brief moment to get ready between groups.

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Postby NCMarsh » April 29th, 2015, 6:26 pm

Wanted to take a second to chime in as I just received C4 from Mr. Levit (and fantastic customer service, there was a hiccup in the process that was not his fault and he handled it in an incredibly classy way), and wanted to take a second to rave about the quality of this.

This is clearly the result of a lot of hard work, experimentation, and a continuous drive to get the details right. The provided gimmick is extremely well made (and appears extremely durable for this sort of thing). Its the sort of thing that, had they stopped short on any of these details, could have looked incredibly crappy. As a product, the same thoughtfulness has extended to every aspect, it is beautifully packaged in a way that protects the gimmick, and the instruction is very well done.

While the technical work is not advanced, it does require an experienced and confident performer -- especially in strolling situations where the management of sight lines is a bit more involved than in formal close-up / small parlor

Again, I can't emphasize enough the quality of this offering, the depth of thought that has clearly gone into it, and the strength of the magic itself. Well worth the investment if this is the sort of thing you may have a use for.

Jonathan Levit

Postby Jonathan Levit » May 3rd, 2015, 7:53 pm

Thanks for the kind words! This was certainly a labor and love and it's terrific to see so many people enjoying it!

Return to “Buzz”