NFL Football...

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Doomo

NFL Football...

Postby Doomo » August 3rd, 2014, 9:28 pm

So is anyone here a football fan? Well in fact i KNOW from conversations with you that several of you are... Is
anyone interested in joining a Fantasy Football League?

And before the usual comments start... Remember you are magicians... So how much nerdier can you get? But it is a lot of fun...

Hell Rose came in 2nd in the league last year.

Tony
RFA Productions yeah... It is cool stuff.

www.rfaproductions.com

The Magic Apple

Re: NFL Football...

Postby The Magic Apple » August 3rd, 2014, 11:53 pm

yeah, I'm in! I talk a lot of crap during the season, so as long as that is allowed...let's do it you nerds!
TheMagicApple.com
818-508-9921
Follow us: @The_Magic_Apple

Smurf

Postby Smurf » August 4th, 2014, 1:23 am

I am definitely an NFL fan. I love football, but unfortunately I am not a fan of falseball - or fantasy football.

Yeah, I know millions of people play it, but it just doesn't align with my understanding of what makes football important - two TEAMS (each team wearing their own uniform) go at each other and the TEAM that scores more points wins! That's what I cheer for and fantasy football doesn't even care which team (all wearing the same uniform) won the game. And the two teams facing off in fantasy football aren't actually going at each other on the field. That just seems a little lame. And if I didn't care which team (all wearing the same uniform) won the game I wouldn't even bother watching.

But I'm sure you'll just ignore me like millions of others do...

Now let me tell you why gambling on football ought to be done away with...First off...

But heh, I still like you guys and I'll buy your stuff.

Doomo

Postby Doomo » August 4th, 2014, 7:33 am

Gosh Smurf. You like football but hate fakeball?

But since you are on this board I am guessing you are a magician. But you pretend to be a expert at gambling... or mind reading... or any of the other lil lies we tell...

Oh Tony... But those are for entertainment! As is this... Two teams battling it out? Fantasy has TEN teams fighting it out. And to win you better know your players. wild ass guesses will leave you sucking hind censored... Oh well...

Tony
RFA Productions yeah... It is cool stuff.

www.rfaproductions.com

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » August 4th, 2014, 11:11 am

geeze... issues.

probably not the best time to ask about bronies.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Kent Gunn

Postby Kent Gunn » August 4th, 2014, 8:30 pm

Jon,

It's never, ever, a good time to discuss bronies.

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » August 4th, 2014, 8:35 pm

Just call it what it really is:

Spreadsheet Football.

Smurf

Postby Smurf » August 4th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Tony,

I don't have all the answers. I just like to gripe like so many others. I am a diehard Chiefs fan, and since I live 30-minutes south of Philly I root the Eagles as well. When the Eagles let Andy Reid go I was so happy...and then he shows up in Kansas City! AAAAGH! I'm happy they had a decent year in spite of him, but now I have to put up with him for at least 3-4 more years and maybe longer if the team plays halfway decently. 14 years in Philly was enough for a lifetime. I have no faith that he can come up with the gametime coaching brilliance at crunch time against a strong team. Good prep, good player selection and good 1st half razzle-dazzle, but the sparks usually go out when some bold coaching might help.

I usually watch the games with my brother-in-law over at his house and he is following everything closely on his computer seeing how his "falseball teams" are doing at the time. I don't rib him too much. Sometimes he even has Cowboys or Broncos on his team. THE HORROR OF IT ALL!

John

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » August 4th, 2014, 10:32 pm

Smurf wrote:
... I am a diehard Chiefs fan, and since I live 30-minutes south of Philly I root the Eagles as well...

"...and the home of the CHIEEEEEEEEEEFS!!!!!"

I like Andy--he managed to avoid most of those game management faux pas last year (except for that last game debacle).

We'll see if the law of averages (and a difficult schedule) catch up to him this year.

Return to “Buzz”