Who is Katherine Mills?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Who is Katherine Mills?

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 27th, 2014, 7:58 pm

I was reading magicweek.co.uk yesterday and saw that someone I've never heard of, a woman, is getting her own TV show in the UK, and she's a mentalist.
Anyone ever heard of Katherine Mills?

http://watch.uktv.co.uk/katherine-mills ... ind-games/

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/07/watch-o ... ine-mills/
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

John McDonald

Re: Who is Katherine Mills?

Postby John McDonald » July 28th, 2014, 12:52 am

She was part of the children's TV programme, "Help my supply teacher is magic" that also featured John Archer and created by Anthony Owen of Objective Productions.
Best John

Tom Moore

Postby Tom Moore » July 28th, 2014, 4:58 am

and whilst getting a TV show is an achievement it is worth pointing out that WATCH is a tiny cable channel with a viewership lower than your local cable news channel; hopefully this is her springboard to bigger and better opportunities but at the moment you shouldn't get too worried that she's dropped under the radar.
"Ingenious" - Ben Brantley: New York Times

thomasmoorecreative

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » July 28th, 2014, 6:31 am

The channel would get the same number of people as a village fete on a rainy afternoon...

You'd get a bigger audience busking!

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » July 28th, 2014, 7:15 am

These days I'm not convinced that audience size is the main objective (although I'll be pleased to be proven wrong on that one). I think being the star of a TV show, on whatever channel, is a sizeable marketing point for live bookings.

For what it's worth, I met Katherine last year, and she seems very personable.

Tom Moore

Postby Tom Moore » July 28th, 2014, 8:34 am

Oh i'm making no comment about the audience size - there's plenty of shows with tiny audiences but who are loyal and easily monetized (buy tickets/merchandise/books) and plenty of shows with massive audiences (x-factor/idol/got-talent) but who can't produce any decent revenue or spin-off from their audiences. A viewership of 100,000 people who are all loyal (come to see your touring show, buy your book & DVD) would be enough to sustain 20+ weeks of touring per year, plenty of corporate gigs and a millionaire's lifestyle.

I'm simply explaining why Richard hadn't heard of her - she is largely unknown and it's a show on an obscure channel rather than being a big celeb who's just landed a prime-time Saturday night BBC show.
"Ingenious" - Ben Brantley: New York Times

thomasmoorecreative

Return to “Buzz”