New from Kaufman and Company: The Skinner Tapes

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

New from Kaufman and Company: The Skinner Tapes

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 16th, 2014, 10:34 am

We're just finishing up the final bits of "The Michael Skinner Tapes" today and sending it to the replicator. 13 discs! 10 CDs, 2 DVDs, and 1 Data CD. All in a nice box with booklet.

Pre-pub price $100 postpaid in the US; add $20 for shipping worldwide.

Contact the Genii office to order: 301-652-5800; genii@geniimagazine.com

I'll have finished sets at the IBM/SAM convention for sale in St. Louis. Shipping second week of July.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

PapaG

Re: New from Kaufman and Company: The Skinner Tapes

Postby PapaG » June 16th, 2014, 10:54 am

Any further details on the contents of the discs?

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 16th, 2014, 11:46 am

The CDs are personal audio correspondence sent to Allen Okawa of Hawaii, and have been edited down from over 30 hours of material. It's like having Michael sit in the room and talk to you.

A note about the contents of the CDs: The title of the tricks listed below might indicate a full performance with patter and explanation—or just one of those elements; sometimes even just a useful tip or single patter line. Some tricks are repeated twice because different details are given.

CD 1: Tips on adding tricks to repertoire; Copper/Silver Transposition; Mental Reverse 3; Flying Eagles; Chicago Opener; On presentation; Vernon’s Weight Guesser; Patter tip; Boomerang Card; Bill in Lemon; Al Baker Cut and Restored Ribbon; Fred Kaps’ touch on The Devano Deck; Comedy Egg Trick and Daniel Cros; Cards Across; Fred Kaps’ Vanishing Cane; Poker Trick; Hotel Mystery; Marlo’s Triumph; Larry Jennings’ Stop Trick; Sleeve Aces; McDonald’s Aces; Blackie the gambler.

CD 2: Paul Fox Rope Trick talk; Dai Vernon’s Coffee Cup and Sugar Cubes; Dai Vernon’s Deck Vanish; John Scarne’s Ace Cutting; Dai Vernon Poker Routine a la Skinner; Patter for borrowing money; Matching Card routine; Three-Card Monte bent corner; Cards to Pocket talk and vanish of final card; Dr. Sawa’s Dollar to Four Quarters; Finger Exercise Card Routine; Malini Chink-a-Chink comment; Vanishing Glass Under Napkin; Speller; Silk from Dollar Bill; The Innocent Bystander; chit chat; Jardine Ellis Ring history and patter; Elmsley Dollars; Avoiding requests from repeat customers; Patter and gags; Gun Trick patter; Routined silk tricks; Larry Jennings’ Bold Card Case Load and Skinner handling; Lippencott Box routine by Paul Fox and Fred Braue; Dai Vernon Card Force; Skinner Bridge Deal; 51 Card Elimination; Bill Change from Magicana; Blackjack Switch by Herb Zarrow; Deuces are Wild by Johnny Paul; Smash Watch; Card Transposition with Envelope by Francis Carlyle.

CD 3: Going through the Leipzig book; Charlie Miller’s Slap Aces with Jack Merlin addition; Tear Up with a Twist; Touch for Larry Jennings’ Coin Cut; Balancing Coin; chit chat; Dr. Sawa on Dai Vernon’s Add On; Max Malini’s Lady and the Eagle; Coin from rolled-up bill; Card on Seat; Furota bottle cap gag; Skinner’s picks from the Tarbell Course in Magic; Double Deck Coincidence (includes Johnny Paul Force); Pete Biro’s Coins Up Through the Table; Dr. Sawa’s Cigarette Trick; Five Hands; Instant Replay (Chicago Opener); One-Hand Force; Scarne Ace Cutting; New LJ book chit chat; Routine by Bill Malone and Bob Stencel; Bill Malone trick; Jimmy Grippo trick; Eddie Fechter’s Color Change and One-Hand Palm; Francis Carlyle’s handling of Vernon’s “The Peregrinating Pip”; 12 items Skinner contributed to Vernon Chronicles 3; Harry Riser Prediction Effect; Floating Stack and Boomerang Card; Current repertoire.

CD 4: Larry Jennings visits; Larry Jennings’ “Allen Okawa Trick”; Amazing Rhythm Aces; Talk about Bill Simon’s Effective Card Magic; The Jennings’ Myth; The Pink Card; The following items are from cassettes Skinner sent to Larry Jennings. LJ Face-Up Face-Down Poker with Skinner presentation; Skinner Bridge Deal; Half and Half; Dr. Sawa’s Sliced Lemon; English penny patter; Dr. Sawa’s Cigarette Trick; 51 Card Elimination; Dr. Sawa Ace Production; Walt Rollins’ 9 Card Trick; Roger Klause Coin Box and Finger Ring Trick; Max Malini’s handling of Michael Zens’ trick; Boomerang Card; Klause handling of Sleeve Aces. Balance of items sent to Okawa. Francis Carlyle’s real version of The Homing Card; Bill to Cigarette; Eddie Fechter’s Jawbreaker; Larry Jennings’ Coin Bet; Dr. Sawa’s Shootout Production; Torn and Restored Napkin; Broken and Restored Cigarette; Card Production; Paul Fox Card Stab.

CD 5: Toss Location; Copper/Silver with dime and penny; Penny for Your Thoughts; Wine Glass Production; Countdown; Idea on Torn and Restored Cigarette; Dr. Sawa’s Spongeball Steal; Dr. Sawa’s Paycheck Trick; Ed Marlo’s Five Card Routine; Fred Kaps’ Snap Change; Talk about Chuck Smith and Cards to Pocket; Bottom Deal talk; Bottom Deal trick; Second Deal talk; Flash Paper trick; Visit from Vernon; Magic restaurant; Art Altman’s 7 Location; Larry Jennings’ Card through Hank; Skinner on Roy Walton’s Card in Box; Dai Vernon’s Fortune Teller; Bruce Cervon’s Flash Invisible Deck; Miniature Invisible Deck presentation; Roger Klause Fake Center Deal; Transposition; John Carney visits; John Carney Add On; Torn and Restored Bill; Bare Hand Cigarette Vanish; Peek Force Trick; Eddie Fechter Cigarette Vanish; Multiplying Rabbits; Talk about Jay Ose’s Do as I Do; KBV Aces; Walt Rollins’ Card through Silk.

CD 6: All Backs idea; Allen Okawa Chop Cup tip; Children’s shows; Roger Klause’s Card on Forehead; Henry Christ’s Solitaire Prediction; Faro Shuffle talk; Dai Vernon’s Viennese Coin Pull; Approaching a table; Talk about books; E.G. Brown’s Six Card Mental Effect; Aces from Box; Dai Vernon’s Ring and Coin Transposition; Japanese Ace Production; Dr. Sawa’s Invisible Hair Mystery; John Carney’s Bill and Coin Trick; The Photographic Coin (Paul Fox handling); Talk about great books by Marlo and Vernon; Do as I Do handling; Egg Bag talk; Ring and Rope Trick; Color Changing Knives talk; Comparing Marlo and Vernon books; Talk about performance at hospital; Tossed-Out Deck; Color Changing Knives; Herb Zarrow’s Baseball Trick.

CD 7: Talk about Charlie Miller visit; ESP Card Routine; chit chat; Talk about Carlyle’s Match Decapitation; Vanishing Glass; Atlantic City chit chat; Sleights versus presentation; Ray Grismer visits; The Two Ronnies Trick (Ron Wohl Royal Flush Cut and Ron Ferris trick); chit chat; Geoff Latta’s Silver Extraction; Jay Marshall chit chat; Pea Can teaser and chit chat; Coin and Handkerchief Trick; chit chat about Skinner’s repertoire; New material in act; Pea Can teaser 2; Max Malini’s Chink-a-Chink; Chuck Stockwell Impromptu Bill Reading; chit chat about Roger Klause’s Ashes to Ashes with Skinner intro; Talk about Don Alan Bowl Routine; Jennings Chop Cup; Ten for Ten; chit chat about youth; Daub; Convention talk.

CD 8: Torn and Restored Napkin Routine; Boomerang Card; Patter chit chat; Jerry Schultz Stack of Quarters handling; Patter lines; Ultima Thule; Eddie Fechter’s Throw Change Transposition; Al Baker’s Telephony a la Skinner; John Carney and Roger Klause visit; Talk about Jay Ose; Jay Ose’s Opener; Jay Ose’s Repertoire; Jay Ose’s Boomerang Card; chit chat; Roger Klause talks about Skinner; Key Bending; Titanic Thompson story; Key-R-Rect; Karrell Fox key trick; Roger Klause explains Dai Vernon’s Eight-Card Transposition and Follow the Leader; John Carney describes Roy Walton trick; Jumping Gems and Hot Rod (Liberace’s Piano Keys).

CD 9: Daniel Cros Devano Deck; Sleeving; Tip on a Dead Crab; Celebrities at The Lilly Langtree; Patter; Carlyle’s Decapitated Match; Performance advice; Cigarette routine; Daniel Cros Han Ping Chien; Ring Flite; Thoughts on Cigarette Through Quarter; Patter for a coin; Bill Transposition recommendations; Spread Force on the Table; Michael Zens’ Red Ace Trick and Max Malini’s handling; Slydini’s Card Through Table; On flourishes; Creating a repertoire; Out of Sight, Out of Mind; Spellbound routine; Skinner handling of Jack Miller’s Lazy Man’s Card Trick.

CD 10: Allen Okawa and Michael Skinner in Conversation. The business of magic; What Skinner teaches students; Tradeshow work; Signed Business Card to Envelope; Getting a job as a restaurant magician; Bill and Silk routine; Miniature Invisible Deck; Presentation for Multiplying Rabbits; Two-Card Transposition.

DVD 1: Tokyo Lecture, circa 1971 (Translated by Hideo Kato)
1. Matrix Two Ways (Al Schneider)
2. Okito Box Routine
3. Coins Across Three Ways
4. Knotted Silks (Slydini)
5. Triumph (Dai Vernon)
6. Cutting Surprise
7. Cutting the Aces with Piet Forton’s Pop-Out Move
8. Slow Motion Ace Assembly
9. Invisible Palm Aces (Larry Jennings)
10. The Fiddle with the Biddle in the Middle (Alex Elmsley)
11. 11 Card Routine (Edward Victor)
12. Between Your Palms with Card to Wallet Ending (Alex Elmsley)
13. Giant Die Production a la Malini
14. Tear Up With a Twist (Explained)
15. Coins Across: Two Copper/Two Silver (Explained)
16. Bewildering Ball Vase
17. Cards through Newspaper (Explained)
18. Four Copper and Four Silver Exchange Places (Explained)
19. Pen and Coin (Explained)
20. Deceptive Perception a la Skinner (Explained)
21. Brother Hamman Transposition (Performance Fragment/Explained)
22. Cups and Balls Moves (Explained)
23. Paul Rosini’s Thimble Routine
24. Cut and Restored Rope Three Times
25. Coin from Rolled Dollar
26. Torn Card and Top Hat
27. Flying Knot (Explained)
28. Mora’s Balls in Net with Three Different Colored Balls (Explained)
29. Sleeve Aces a la Skinner (Al Leech) (Explained)
30. Four Packets and a Silk (Explained)
31. Torn and Restored Card Odd-Cornered Card (Explained)
32. Transposed Cigarette Papers (Explained)
31. Linking Safety Pins (Fragment)

DVD 2: Private Session, 1988 or ’89
Michael Reflects on His Early Years in Magic.
1. “Skinner Monte” (Based on Theodore DeLand’s “Pickitout”)
2. “Blackstone’s Favorite”
3. Four-Ace Cutting (Variation of Ackerman’s Method)
4. Allan Ackerman’s Four-Ace Cutting (Magic Mafia)
5. Larry Jennings’ “Reaping the Aces” (Genii)
6. Ed Marlo’s Ace Cutting (The New Tops)
7. Color Changing Knives
8. Francis Carlyle’s “Decapitated Match” (The Stars of Magic)
9. Flying Match Routine (Based on Milbourne Christopher’s “Flying Match”)
Includes Martin Gardner’s 10 Count
10. Mona Lisa Card Trick
11. Peter Samelson’s “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” (Skinner Handling)
12. Routine:
Think Ace [with 4 red and 4 blue cards] (Vernon and Horowitz)
Follow the Leader [with 4 red and 4 blue cards]
Oil and Water [with 3 red and 3 blue cards]
13. Skinner Handling of “Silas and the City Slickers” (Hugard’s Card Manipulations)
14. A Clock Trick
15. “Torn and Restored Straw Wrapper”
16. Three Non-Lit Cigarette Tricks
17. Skinner Handling of Ed Marlo’s “Poker Deal” (The Cardician)
18. “The Solid Deck” (Andrus/Korem/Skinner)
19. Skinner Handling of Ed Marlo’s “7-Card Assembly”
20. Alex Elmsley’s “Boston Two Step” (The Gen)
21. Skinner Handling of Ken Brooke’s "Tea for Two"
22. Skinner’s Presentation of “The Rainbow Ropes” (Max Londono)
23. Comedy Card Shuffles
24. The Notis Cascade and Eddie Fechter Revelation
25. “Oil and Water” and “Triumph” Routined
26. Walt Rollins’ “Vernon/Marlo/Andrus Trick”
27. Skinner’s Cigarette Vanish
28. Coins Through Hand with Pencil (Ken Brooke/Scotty York)
29. The Professor’s Nightmare, Skinner Style
30. Scotty York’s Handling of Larry West’s “Hornswoggled”

Bonus Disc
Michael Skinner’s Notebooks; Michael Skinner Memorial Issue of Genii; Michael Skinner Lecture Notes (June 1, 1971); Michael Skinner Lecture Notes (undated); Letter to Allen Okawa with diagrams for Malini’s “Chink-a-Chink.”
(This is a data CD—insert it in your computer to view the PDF files. Adobe Acrobat or other PDF reader required.)

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » June 16th, 2014, 11:51 am

I'm in!

John Bowden
Location: Main Street, Urlingford, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland, E41 Y9K2.

Postby John Bowden » June 16th, 2014, 5:29 pm

I'm certainly interested and would like in also.

However when I make an effort to contact the Genii office at the email address provided I got back a "failed delivery" notice. Might be an idea to check that the email address provided is valid and current.

John Bowden Ireland

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 16th, 2014, 5:38 pm

Hi John, genii@geniimagazine.com works with no problem.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » June 16th, 2014, 5:41 pm

There was a dot between "genii" and "magazine" above which I just removed. Should work fine now.

John Bowden
Location: Main Street, Urlingford, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland, E41 Y9K2.

Postby John Bowden » June 17th, 2014, 5:39 am

Ah! The difference a "dot" can make.
Thanks.
JB

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 17th, 2014, 12:32 pm

Everything is done and at the replicator. Order now to take advantage of the Pre-pub special at $25 off the $125 retail price (you pay $100 postpaid in the US, $100 plus $20 postage outside the US).

Larry Horowitz

Postby Larry Horowitz » June 17th, 2014, 1:36 pm

I'm sorry I appear to be a bit obtuse in understanding the offer.

Are these videos or mostly just listening (no picture) to Mike describe his handling of routines?

Do the notebooks include a breakdown of his most famous week at the castle?

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 17th, 2014, 2:11 pm

Larry, you didn't read the line at the top of the contents:

"The CDs are personal audio correspondence sent to Allen Okawa of Hawaii, and have been edited down from over 30 hours of material. It's like having Michael sit in the room and talk to you."

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » June 22nd, 2014, 1:58 am

What is the pre-publication deadline for the Skinner material?

I still haven't renewed my subscription to Genii. The Bob Read cups and balls book, the republished Tamariz book. Another Tony Miller wallet ordered. A stampede of magic flowing through the pipeline...

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 22nd, 2014, 8:36 am

The pre-pub deadline will be to the middle of July when we start shipping.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 8th, 2014, 10:17 pm

We now accept PayPal for this: just send your payment via PayPal to moobooks@verizon.net along with your name, address, and phone number.

Thanks.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 9th, 2014, 11:23 am

We now have a link up to order this on the Kaufman and Company site:

http://geniimagazine.com/kaufman/store/html/90.html

JimW

Postby JimW » July 9th, 2014, 11:44 am

Has the pre-publication discount ended already?

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 9th, 2014, 11:48 am

No, but you have to call the office directly to get it. My computer guy is so overwhelmed from all the work we've done on the new website and digital edition, that I didn't want to ask him to do it, and then change it next week.

JimW

Postby JimW » July 9th, 2014, 1:17 pm

That's great news, thanks. I'll call today.

brianarudolph

Postby brianarudolph » July 9th, 2014, 5:17 pm

I was fortunate enough to snag my set at the IBM-SAM last week (thank you Dustin for re-opening at the last second for me!) And faced with a 14-hour roundtrip solo drive earlier this week, I had the pleasure of listening to all of the audio CDs in the set for my first run-through.

And pleased I was. While I obviously couldn't try any of the items behind the wheel, I was quite amazed at the number of ideas, tips and tidbits (both magic and non-magic) that I was able to immediately assimilate from audio-only. Between Mike and his guests, it was like having them all riding along in the car with me.

I can't wait to delve into the DVDs and the document disc when I have more time.

PickaCard

Postby PickaCard » July 9th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Can they easily be imported into iTunes in mp3 format?

The Vernon DVDs that were released a few years ago by L&L were not user friendly to import into iTunes.

Thank you.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 9th, 2014, 7:47 pm

Just popped a disc in my mac laptop and it opened in iTunes with no problem. You should be able to rip the CD the same way you do any music CD (there are 10 audio CDs). The L&L product was DVDs, so I don't see how they're related.

PickaCard

Postby PickaCard » July 9th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Thank you for checking.

L&L re-released the DVD set which included some audio Vernon lectures.

When imported into iTunes there were several tracks (like 40) but no album name. As such I could not find a practical way to add them to my iPod without renaming each track. It was not worth the hassle.

Richard Green
Favorite Magician: Eugene Burger; Dr. Stanley Jaks

Postby Richard Green » July 16th, 2014, 2:03 pm

I just put in my order for this set...can't wait!! After seeing the listings of what is on this series, I'm so excited to get to hear and view the whole set. What a wonderful piece of history on one of the greatest minds in magic...thank you so much for bringing this to us, Richard.

prodigy

Postby prodigy » July 17th, 2014, 8:42 pm

Have the orders been shipped already?

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 17th, 2014, 8:58 pm

Not yet: that's why you're paying a "pre-publication" price. :D

Small glitch at the last minute, but they'll be shipping shortly.

John Signa

Postby John Signa » July 18th, 2014, 1:33 pm

PickaCard wrote:When imported into iTunes there were several tracks (like 40) but no album name. As such I could not find a practical way to add them to my iPod without renaming each track. It was not worth the hassle.

Standard audio CDs do not contain track and artist names. When iTunes rips a CD, it uses select info from the CD to determine which CD it is and downloads the CD name, track names, artists, etc. from Gracenote. The Gracenote database consists of info uploaded by publishers, artists, and/or end consumers. (http://www.gracenote.com/company/faq/owner/)

Specialty discs frequently don't display track names because so few copies are sold, and of those only a small percentage get ripped, and of those that are ripped, no one bothered to enter and submit the info.

I have the Skinner discs, but have not had the chance to even break the shrink-wrap yet as have been neck-deep in a minor announcement that my company made earlier this week.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » July 18th, 2014, 2:49 pm

John Signa wrote:I have the Skinner discs, but have not had the chance to even break the shrink-wrap yet as have been neck-deep in a minor announcement that my company made earlier this week.

It's about time you did some "real, actual work."

prodigy

Postby prodigy » July 18th, 2014, 10:43 pm

A bit disappointing to see penguin selling the skinner tapes for less than the pre-pub price: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S18278

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 18th, 2014, 11:32 pm

It certainly is, and they're not supposed to be doing that.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » July 18th, 2014, 11:54 pm

IMHO, I think it's worth paying a little extra to support authors and creators directly. Them staying in business is what keeps the great stuff coming.

(Sadly, I met Mr. Skinner only once in my life (towards the end of his)at Lily Langtry's. I found him delightful, entertaining, and deeply fooling. He did all kinds of great routines. I specifically remember his Nudist deck routine, a Jim Swain routine, and a terrific version of Bro Hamman's Twins that avoided having to vary the last Gemini count. As great as he was, seeing and hearing him via this set was a true revelation--that was the "real" Skinner!

When my Dad told Mr. Skinner that I was a young magician, he turned to me and asked: "What books are you reading?" I nervously stammered that I was reading the Jennings book and the Vernon books. He replied: "Lots of good stuff in those" and encouraged me to keep on reading, especially the Vernon material. I never forgot his advice, and it's kept me on the magic straight and narrow all these years! :) )
Last edited by erdnasephile on July 19th, 2014, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

prodigy

Postby prodigy » July 19th, 2014, 3:25 am

erdnasephile wrote:IMHO, I think it's worth paying a little extra to support authors and creators. Them staying in business is what keeps the great stuff coming.

I agree, which is why I pre-ordered in the first place. I was just expressing the disappointment with the price being cheaper at penguin, not to mention it's stated it's in stock and ready to ship in 24 hours; whereas I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped (I completely understand the delays from Richard's end).

I had a similar issue when I pre-ordered Darwin Ortiz's Lessons in Card Mastery. A friend ordered it from penguin a month or two after I pre-ordered it directly from Darwin, and my friend's book arrived a week or two before mine did. So it does get frustrating at times when this happens. But oh well.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 19th, 2014, 10:32 am

The copies sold to Murphy's Magic were shipped directly to them from the replicator in California, so they arrived there before our copies will arrive at the fulfillment warehouse on Monday or Tuesday this coming week. An unfortunate circumstance for which I apologize to those who ordered directly from me.

The pricing is also a Murphy's issue: they neglected to put a "do not discount" tag on it. This will be rectified when they open on Monday.

Philippe Noël

Postby Philippe Noël » July 20th, 2014, 2:30 am

Thank you to Allen Okawa, John Carney and Richard Kaufman for this wonderful gift.
Too bad you were not able to put in the set the two full Michael Skinner's appearances on the Tonight Show.You only find excerpts on You Tube. He really was at his prime at that time as you can see below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bED5Y01XKM

Richard Green
Favorite Magician: Eugene Burger; Dr. Stanley Jaks

Postby Richard Green » July 22nd, 2014, 11:17 am

Richard, I'm just wondering. I read that the CDs were produced after narrowing down from over 30 hours of audio. Were the recordings not included just repetitions of things he'd already discussed, or was it a quality issue? I'm assuming that you left out a lot that wouldn't interest most magicians.

Also, were you thinking about releasing more of this material later, or is this just the best of the best?

Thanks!

Richard

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 22nd, 2014, 11:34 am

The tapes included a lot of personal talk to Allen Okawa, as well as lots of "blue" jokes of which Mike was very fond, and extraneous material, as well as repetition.

I edited the tapes down so that only material I felt was genuinely of interest to magicians was included.

Sometimes, if Mike described a trick again on another tape a year later, the details were different and so I included those.

Personal discussions not related to magic were edited out.

There is nothing else to release.

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » July 26th, 2014, 3:08 pm

PickaCard wrote:Thank you for checking.
When imported into iTunes there were several tracks (like 40) but no album name. As such I could not find a practical way to add them to my iPod without renaming each track. It was not worth the hassle.

I just submitted the tracks for CD 1 to GraceNote.
See if you can add it to your iPod you now.
If so, I'll try to find time to do the other 9 CDs.

- Joe
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

PickaCard

Postby PickaCard » July 27th, 2014, 8:45 am

Thank you Joe, but I was referring to the Vernon audio CD lectures that were included in the re-release of Vernon Revelations DVDs.

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » July 27th, 2014, 9:13 am

I had a couple of train journeys this weekend which gave me that chance to listen to a couple of the CDs. These are inspirational. Mike was so passionate about magic. I don't know why he was sharing so much with Allen - it seems that Allen was asking about some fairly basic stuff; but I understand Allen is a great performer, and I guess Mike responded to this.
Whatever - there is meat here! I haven't been so excited by a magic publication for years.

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » July 27th, 2014, 12:17 pm

PickaCard wrote:Thank you Joe, but I was referring to the Vernon audio CD lectures that were included in the re-release of Vernon Revelations DVDs.

Ah. Well if anyone else can try it with the Skinner tapes, let me know if it works and I'll try to do the rest of them.
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Return to “Buzz”