Simon Lovell has Fallen Ill

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Terry

Simon Lovell has Fallen Ill

Postby Terry » June 8th, 2014, 10:18 am

For anyone who is involved in magic or the T.V. show "White Collar", Simon Lovell has had a stroke and is in the hospital. I do not know how bad the stroke was or how badly he was affected by it at this time, but it isn't good from what I do know. He left it untreated for quite some time and his mind has definitely been adversely affected by it. If any of you magicians out there, or members of the cast and crew of "White Collar" cares about him at all, you can send your good wishes for his recovery to me here on Facebook. I will see that he gets the messages. Matt Bomer and Tim DeKay, I know it would do him a world of good to hear from you or anyone else from "White Collar". Please help Simon recover by sending him your good wishes and prayers. Thank you. Ira Hoch

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&fref=nf

Ian Kendall

Re: Simon Lovell has had a stroke and is in the hospital

Postby Ian Kendall » June 8th, 2014, 12:30 pm

Sandy Marshall has posted that Simon has not had a stroke, but is in hospital. Tests are being conducted, and then we'll have a better idea of what's going on.

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Re: Simon Lovell has Fallen Ill

Postby Q. Kumber » June 8th, 2014, 2:41 pm

Here's what Sandy Marshall posted on Facebook:

TIME TO STOP THE RUMORS ABOUT MY FRIEND, SIMON LOVELL!!!

It is far too early to say that Simon suffered a stroke. Yes, he is in the hospital (North Shore Long Island Jewish Hospital). Simon and I have been working on a script together the past few months and Magic Inc. is also publishing his new book which will be out in July. I've spoken to Simon almost every day this week at least once. He was having trouble keeping food down and went into the hospital on Wednesday but was released on Friday.

When I spoke to him Friday night he told me that he was having trouble with his memory. We talked for close to half an hour (he didn't want to get off the phone). I made him promise to call the doctor/hospital and tell them what he'd told me as soon as we got off the phone. He did.

Simon was re-admitted to the hospital and has had a series of tests. He is resting comfortably and I just got off the phone with him a few minutes ago. He sounds tired (they never let you sleep enough in hospitals) but he told me the tests are not yet back and he doesn't believe he's had a stroke. MORE LATER.

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » June 8th, 2014, 9:48 pm

This is the latest post fro Ira Hoch, Simon's good friend and now his health proxy:

"Hello everyone. I have just come from visiting Simon in the hospital. He is in good spirits and has been eating and taking fluids. His attorney Thomas McShane and I have been made responsible for the decisions regarding his treatment. In effect we are both his health proxies and are the ones to be called should his condition change for the worse. The official principal diagnosis for Simon is an altered mental state. There are several secondary diagnoses which are contributory and related to the principal diagnosis. In short, he is having some memory problems and double vision caused by several factors. He seemed happy to see me and may be released tomorrow or Tuesday. I specifically requested that the hospital perform a CAT scan as none had been done up to this point. I was told that it would probably be done Monday morning. Once released, he will have to follow up with his primary care physician and a neurologist. I will personally make sure that he follows through with these things or I will personally beat the living crap out of him, so he is in good, caring hands. I also made sure he had a deck of cards to work with during his hospital stay. I will keep everyone posted as news becomes available. Thank you all for your good wishes for his speedy recovery. They will all be forwarded to him, as he is not on Facebook."

On a personal note I visited with Simon twice today. Once in the early AM and then later in the afternoon. His short term memory is not good. He had no recollection of my visit or our conversation from this morning. Otherwise he is speaking and joking as he always does.
I informed him of everyone's well wishes and concerns here on the Genii Forum and on FB. He's very grateful and thankful.

Eric DeCamps

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » June 9th, 2014, 1:15 am

Well, as long as he never forgets Sacramento and our shared moment of bondage.
I never will.

Get well Simey.............

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » June 9th, 2014, 5:18 am

Hoping for a quick and complete recovery for Simey.

Tom

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Postby Tom Frame » June 9th, 2014, 2:22 pm

I’m sorry to hear about the illness that has befallen my former common law husband.

Simon, don’t worry about that wet, riffling sound that you’re hearing in your head. That’s just me beaming you loving, healing thoughts.

Get well soon!

Diamond Jim Tyler

Postby Diamond Jim Tyler » June 9th, 2014, 6:32 pm

Wishing you a speedy recover Simon.
Magically,
Diamond Jim Tyler

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » June 9th, 2014, 7:22 pm

Any updates today?

Andrew Pinard

Postby Andrew Pinard » June 10th, 2014, 9:39 am

I spoke briefly with Simon yesterday and he seemed pretty clear in our brief conversation. We didn't talk about his medical issues other than me wishing him well. In the short term, he is going to be busy recuperating and waiting for the testing to come back and his doctors to establish baselines and determine what additional treatment is needed (if necessary).

I forwarded the collective love from all his well-wishers...

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » June 10th, 2014, 12:01 pm

Best wishes, always, to and for the Head Lemming.
He has so far proven to be a sturdy survivor.
Speedy recovery, my friend.

Jack Shalom

Postby Jack Shalom » June 20th, 2014, 8:50 pm

Does anyone have any news about Simon? I haven't been able to get through to him by phone for over a week.

Thanks very much.

Andrew Pinard

Postby Andrew Pinard » June 30th, 2014, 2:34 pm

I spoke with Simon on the phone for about fifteen minutes today. He seemed weak but alert. He is in a resident facility that is helping him with some of the issues he has experienced lately, with a goal towards getting him well enough to be on his own. He is optimistic, but also aware that he will likely be there some time as he addresses the issues that brought him there. There appears to be no immediate risk to him and I am hopeful that he will be able to conquer the challenges ahead...

I'll be talking with him again soon, but he did ask me to pass on his appreciation for the warm wishes and concern shown by the magic community. I know he would prefer to thank you himself (and he will when he can), but he wanted everyone to know that he is working hard and grateful for the support...

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » July 3rd, 2014, 10:17 pm

Randy Wakeman has set up a site with a lot more info and a way to donate.

http://www.gofundme.com/b0tmc4

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » July 7th, 2014, 7:41 am

Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Return to “Buzz”