Lecture by Norman Gilbreath

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Lecture by Norman Gilbreath

Postby Q. Kumber » April 26th, 2014, 6:43 am

email from Martin McMillan of http://www.internationalmagic.com in London.

Second Hand Magic
A lecture by Norman Gilbreath
Friday 16th May - 7pm
(please note start time of 7pm - slightly earlier than our normal lecture times).

We are proud to offer a rare opportunity to attend a lecture in developing and presenting unique card magic by the man behind the Gilbreath principle.

The lecture is called Second Hand Magic because, while all the magic has been used by Norman Gilbreath and is audience proven, for you the magic will be second hand. But after you learn how each routine is actually an improved version of an earlier routine—it will be your turn to make the magic yours. None of these improved routines has ever been published, not even in Gilbreath’s just‐published book, Beyond Imagination. Following the performance of each routine, there will be a description of its evolution. When the Gilbreath principle is used, the principle will be explained.

At the end of the lecture everyone will be taught how to perform an act that will wow any audience.

After the lecture a CDR will be for sale. Every routine in this lecture is explained and illustrated in a self-contained FLASH program on the CDR, which also has JPGs for labels and special cards.

Here's what magicians are saying about Normal Gilbreath:

Paul Curry: “You certainly have put a lot of deep, and very productive, thought into your famous principle. I wish I could be at your lecture in order to see for myself how it all works when it's properly done.”

Martin Gardner: “Mr. Gilbreath is eminently qualified as a performing magician of skill and experience, and as a creative inventor of unusual magic effects that are widely known and used.”

Jeff McBride: “Norman's creations have baffled many of the brightest minds in the world of magic . . . prepare to be inspired!”

Daryl Martinez: “I've always thought that Norman Gilbreath's magic was brilliant and I'm thrilled that he's has taken the time and made the effort to share his creations with us.”

David Regal: “Many contributors to our art have refined, improved or reinterpreted. Norman Gilbreath has done something of another order—he’s changed what is possible.”

Rafael Benatar: “Norman Gilbreath combines his deep knowledge of the properties of a deck of cards with an emotional appeal and clever routining. I'd run to get a copy of his book if I were you, and also if I weren't.”

As usual, tickets are on the door but advance reservation is a MUST by email to martin@internationalmagic.com £15 per person.

Venue: - Casa Italiana; 2nd floor, 136 Clerkenwell Road, London EC1R 5DL (just opposite our Magic Shop)
Time: 7.00pm to 9.30pm

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Re: Lecture by Norman Gilbreath

Postby Joe Mckay » April 26th, 2014, 7:04 am

When will his new book be published?

Anybody know?

Cheers!

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Postby Ted M » April 26th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Presumably it's imminent, since it's described as "just-published":

None of these improved routines has ever been published, not even in Gilbreath’s just‐published book, Beyond Imagination.

Joe Mckay

Postby Joe Mckay » April 26th, 2014, 7:11 pm

I emailed Marshall Peterson at H&R Magic - since they are the ones publishing the book.

This is what he said:

Hi Joe,

We are publishing Norman's book. I am not sure it will be out by the end of May, as we were looking at a June release date. It should be out in time for the combined convention in St. Louis this year.

Marshall

Charlie Randall

Postby Charlie Randall » April 29th, 2014, 10:59 pm

Norman's book is just heading off to the printers and should be back by the end of June. As Marshall has stated our goal, is to have it in time for the Combined IBM/SAM convention in St. Louis.

It's 349 pages, hard bound with dust jacket and includes a CD with programs to use with some of the routines.

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » May 1st, 2014, 11:41 am

Is it true that the pages of the book have been riffle shuffled together, yet still come out in order?

Joe Mckay

Postby Joe Mckay » May 23rd, 2014, 4:47 pm

Did anyone here attend the lecture by Norman Gilbreath?

And if so - did you hear any more details about the upcoming book?

Justin Fraser

Postby Justin Fraser » May 30th, 2014, 10:48 am

The gilbreath book is now available for pre-order.

http://www.magicbookshop.com/product_in ... s_id=17501

mike henkel

Postby mike henkel » July 3rd, 2014, 8:23 am

Is his new book available yet in the states ? Thanks

brianarudolph

Postby brianarudolph » July 3rd, 2014, 10:23 am

Yes. H&R has copies at their booth in the IBM/SAM Convention dealer's room. They will be shipping mail orders right after the convention.

PickaCard

Postby PickaCard » July 5th, 2014, 9:54 am

Can anyone share their initial thoughts on this book? Thank you.

Joe Mckay

Postby Joe Mckay » October 2nd, 2014, 6:01 pm

Anybody studied this book yet?

I keep putting it off.

I have browsed through the book - and each trick has an involved stack, specially prepared decks and a lengthy presentation.

That along with the way the material is covered makes it very difficult to get a feel for the material the way I usually would when browsing through a book. I have studied hundreds/thousands(?) of magic books - so usually this is not a problem.

It is going to take some serious study to get to the bottom of this material. I jut haven't gotten round to it yet!

Anyway - just curious if others have tackled this material yet?

Return to “Buzz”