Andrew Mayne's newest business venture.

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

Andrew Mayne's newest business venture.

Postby MaxNY » April 23rd, 2014, 12:47 am

Tonight I worked on commercials featuring a party host (Mayne) selling a powdered "Energy Drink." The spot hasn't even been uploaded to You-Tube yet, so I don't want to be the first to do so, but I will post it here when I see it, (probably in a day or two.) The product is called, Ditch The Can, or DTC for short. DON'T search for DTC Andrew Mayne, because some magic critic pops up with DTC, but uses the DTC for "Dude That's Cool." So, what exactly is this powered drink? It relies on you to sell their product through your social Media sites, the more people you can get under you, the more you can make.

The commercials weren't very strong. Andrew is the rep for this house/pool party (Pool party out-takes are on You-Tube) and I swear in the five minute version of this commercial beside the hottest looking chicks, in the skimpiest bikini's... was either James Randi, or a James Randi look-a-like!!! The Amazing...himself seems to like to party with the hottest chicks! (James was also a clue on this weeks Sunday New York Times Crossword puzzle, and his documentary is playing at the Tribeca Film Forum as I write this.)

There are many You-Tube videos on DTC, and it appears this powdered stuff is just starting up, so if you feel Mayne is a positive influence on teens, and you may want to ride his coat-tails to a financial cash-cow resulting in endless parties...you may want to opt in RIGHT NOW! "It only takes two minutes." Sell out.

brody

Re: Andrew Mayne's newest business venture.

Postby brody » April 23rd, 2014, 6:48 am

So it's a pyramid scheme?

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » April 23rd, 2014, 8:24 am

http://ditchdaboss.com/ditch-the-can-company-update/
"Ditch The Can is one of the most exciting new MLMs..."

also from that site: "Time to put the can down and take your energy spike as a powder. Powder is easier to carry, bring to class, or sniff up the nose (if that is your preferred method)!"
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » April 23rd, 2014, 9:01 am

Pyramid Scheme? I believe my words were "business venture."

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » April 24th, 2014, 1:22 am

A colleague said that James Randi (or the guy that looks like James Randi) was so out of place at that pool party, he looked like Walter White!

Return to “Buzz”