March Digital Issue of Genii Now Live!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

March Digital Issue of Genii Now Live!

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 14th, 2014, 12:15 pm

The digital edition of the March issue of Genii is now live for computer users. Tablet and smartphone users will find it available tomorrow.

* The legendary Lubor Fiedler is on our cover. Complimenting him on his creativity is like pointing at a gold nugget and saying it’s worth a lot of money: we all know it. Dustin Stinett found time to write this month’s feature on Lubor’s remarkable, difficult, sometimes heartbreaking story that has the happiest of endings. The article includes three videos.

* Performing for teenagers … I remember it with horror. Danny Orleans, has made performing for them one of his many specialties. This issue, Mac King interviews Mr. Orleans on this very specialized area in advance of the release of a three DVD set The Art of Presenting Magic to Teenagers. The article includes a video excerpt from the DVD set.

* Roberto Giobbi begins a multi-part exploration of magic theory in his new “Genii Session.” (And it could go on for a while … his recent Penguin Live lecture ran for just over five hours!)

* David Kaye knows all about stooging with children, and he gives it all away in Free Stooges in this month’s “Expert at the Kids’ Table.”

* Speaking of children, Tom Stone morphs into yet another persona this month with a routine guaranteed to send the little ones shrieking as they run from the room in “Lodestones.”

* Can’t seem to get enough tricks with cannibals devouring innocent pasteboards. On our smorgasbord this month is Chris Kenner’s “King Balloo’s Feast” as we continue our resurrection in the “Magic Man Examiner Vault.”

* Jonathan Pendragon seems positively calm (by comparison) in the second installment of “Panmagium,” where he manages to meld Neil Gaiman, the Big Bang Theory, Charles Dickens, Tom Stone, Lon Chaney, Sr., and Charlie Chaplin into an intellectual phantasmagoria.

* John Gaughan talks about an old wooden box in “Chamber of Secrets.” It’s mahogany and birds fly out of it. Yes, it’s odd.

* Less odd are the tricks in this month’s “Magicana,” as Andi Gladwin contributes a nice piece of mentalism from Luke Jermay; Jon Racherbaumer tunes in to the Tokyo Workshop for a piece of mentalism by Kazu Katayama involving dinner rolls; and Ian Kendall gives us a good old fashioned card routine.

* Daniel Ulin returns this month for his regular “Knights at The Magic Castle” in the Academy of Magical Arts in Genii, with a potpourri of quotes from The Castle’s denizens and also a photo of Ozzy and Sharon Osborne … a non-sequitor, indeed. There's a video in the digital issue of Daniel interviewing Todd Robbins on the set of "Play Dead."

* We’ll tie it all up with reviews by John Lovick—looking at books, David Oliver—looking at tricks, and Dustin Stinett—looking at videos (his eyes now forcibly held open by bobby pins).

That's our issue for March and hope you enjoy it! Printed copies are, of course, already in the mail.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Re: March Digital Issue of Genii Now Live!

Postby Joe Mckay » February 15th, 2014, 12:39 pm

Lubor Fiedler on the cover of GENII!!!! :D

Thanks for all your efforts, Richard! I am so pleased that you enjoy his work as much as me. It saves me the bother of having to find my own magic magazine to put him on the cover of.

Can't wait for the book!

magicrobharv

March 2014 Issue of Genii

Postby magicrobharv » February 15th, 2014, 1:00 pm

The March 2014 issue of Genii just arrived in Minot, ND. The first page I flipped to was page 40. I busted out laughing !!! The picture of Tom Stone as "Silly Billy" is priceless. As a kid's show performer, this could almost be considered a kid's show issue. With Tom Stone's article, Danny Orleans' interview, and of course, the one and only David Kaye, this issue is amazing.

To put it into perspective, my wife looked at me as I tore Genii out its protective mailing bag and said in no nonsense voice,' "put Genii down until you get your work down." So I promptly went downstairs and I am in the basement right now, silently typing on a laptop as I pretend to be "fixing" our vacuum cleaner, (along with the other "honey to-do-list" items I've yet to start).

Ahh, the joys of being a Genii subscriber !!! :D

Don Hendrix

Postby Don Hendrix » February 15th, 2014, 2:14 pm

Don't miss the Lubor video. Spectacular!

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » February 16th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Nice to see the clip of the Sympathetic Matchboxes.

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » March 6th, 2014, 6:00 am

March issue arrived today in Manchester, England.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » March 6th, 2014, 9:22 am

Also in Hastings, England.

Matt Field

AJM

Postby AJM » March 6th, 2014, 11:16 am

And in sunny Livingston, Scottishland (which may or may not continue to be part of the UK).

Marco Pusterla

Postby Marco Pusterla » March 6th, 2014, 3:39 pm

Ditto in Suffolk - still in the East of England :D
Marco Pusterla - https://mpmagic.co.uk

Ye Olde Magic Mag: magazine on magic history and collecting.

Return to “Buzz”