Kreskin and Al Capone

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Steve Mills

Kreskin and Al Capone

Postby Steve Mills » October 22nd, 2013, 9:59 am

I saw that Kreskin will be appearing at a local theater (St Charles, IL) and thought I would go and see him since it's been 40 years since the last time I went to one of his shows. Then I saw the show was titled The Amazing Kreskin's Search for Al Capone. It is described as follows:

The fact that there are rumors, as well as apparent witnesses, experiencing a ghostly presence of Al Capone in the historic Arcada Theatre, Kreskin will reawaken that awareness and cause "sightings" by audience members on the Theater stage! This will be a Halloween show not to be missed!

Since tickets to any live show aren't cheap and I'm not interested in some lame ghost show, I was wondering if anyone here has seen him do something similar and whether it was worth it.

Thanks,
Steve

Barefoot Boy
Favorite Magician: Kreskin

Re: Kreskin and Al Capone

Postby Barefoot Boy » October 22nd, 2013, 11:03 am

Hi Steve. The chances are that Kreskin will use the power of suggestion to cause people to "see" Al Capone.

If you go to the show expecting to see a ghost walk or other dramatic spirit manifestations you will probably be disappointed. I am in no way belittling Kreskin's performance (nor do I know for sure if this is indeed what he will do). But I feel the likelihood he will theme the suggestion portion of his show around Capone's phantom is what he is intending to do.

As to whether Kreskin's show is worth it, I can only say that if it's been 40 years since you've seen the man do his thing, you must go and you will not be disappointed. In this modern world of Derren Brown and Dynamo et al. you will discover that Kreskin performs his mindreading in a style that is not often seen today.

Kreskin is the ultimate showman with years of stage experience. His performances epitomizes the opinion shared by Corinda when Tony wrote, "it is not the trick that matters one FIFTH as much as the way you do it."
Outward sunshine; Inward joy,
Blessings on thee, Barefoot Boy.
www.mindreader.ca

Steve Mills

Postby Steve Mills » October 24th, 2013, 4:55 pm

You're right. I should go.

We bought the tickets today. Just to see someone touring at 78 is nearly worth it.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 24th, 2013, 4:59 pm

I don't care if the show starred Lawrence Olivier, Marlon Brando, or George Clooney: if it's called "So and So's Search for Al Capone" you know it's going to be a load of ridiculous hooey.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Diego

Postby Diego » October 25th, 2013, 1:35 am

Leave it to Kreskin, Blaine, or Geller to do something that gets attention for others to complain about.

Years ago, when Geraldo Rivera's career was on the ropes, he did a live TV Special, "Opening Al Capone's Vault", that had been sealed for decades. After 2 hours of build-up, when the vault was finally opened, it had a few empty bottles and little else...Geraldo made some quick comments and a quick exit and the show was over.
Gerald later wrote that he went home and drank himself to sleep, believing he had finished-off his career....but when he woke up the next day, there were EIGHT calls with offers waiting for his reply: His show's ratings had gone thru the roof and Geraldo was back, up and running.

Barefoot Boy
Favorite Magician: Kreskin

Postby Barefoot Boy » October 25th, 2013, 9:35 am

Steve, please post a review of your experience at Kreskin's show here once you've seen it.

I am quite sure you will have a great time!
Outward sunshine; Inward joy,

Blessings on thee, Barefoot Boy.

www.mindreader.ca

TEF
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby TEF » October 26th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Were I anywhere nearby, I'd not miss seeing Kreskin again. He is a master performer and will always provide a lesson in how to get the most out of each effect.

TEF
Boise, Idaho, USA

Return to “Buzz”