13 More "Masters of Illusion" TV Shows Coming

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

13 More "Masters of Illusion" TV Shows Coming

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 17th, 2013, 1:11 pm

Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Richard Kaufman

Re: 13 More "Masters of Illusion" TV Shows Coming

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 31st, 2014, 12:24 pm

A Program Reminder: Masters of Illusion starts tomorrow night on the CW at 8 pm and runs for 13 weeks. Make sure to check your local listings in case the time slot in your city is different.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » July 31st, 2014, 1:35 pm

That article is the original release from 2013. The shows will be a half hour long. Watch! Set your DVRs! They have another 13 episodes "in the can" and if the ratings on this series are good enough, those 13 will air as well. So spread the word!

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » August 1st, 2014, 8:38 pm

Thanks! Great to see Jonathan Pendragon performing on TV.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 1st, 2014, 9:56 pm

Jonathan Pendragon

Postby Jonathan Pendragon » August 2nd, 2014, 1:53 am

Thank you. I shot 6 illusions, the "Little Theater" being one, I am told they used all six which will be released throughout the series.

The "Little Theater" was invented by Jim Stienmeyer and built by John Gaughan. They made one for other Doug Henning which, apparently, was lost during his travels. Doug's resembled a "Magic Shop." I saw him present it on Johnny Carson and thought the design was wonderful. He produced a bunch of spring flowers and then Debbie. I wanted a cat-dog-person expansion and theatrical facade. This was one of the illusion marooned in Trinidad that I worked tirelessly to get home.

I am a little amazed.

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » August 12th, 2014, 11:54 am

FYI: It appears that this week's episode will air on Saturday at 8PM, at least here in the Los Angeles Marketplace. Preseason football cut into last week's show by about 15 minutes, and more football is pushing the show to Saturday. If you have your DVR properly set, you won't need to worry about missing it, but do check.

The first episode won its timeslot in several second-tier markets and reached over a million households overall. And that was the overnights: I presume they will assess the DVR data as it comes available from the various carriers that share such data. This is a good thing, so keep DVRing and watching!

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » August 12th, 2014, 12:05 pm

I've never seen this show and wonder... Is it all "big box" sort of illusions or do they do any closeup (or even parlor type magic)?

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » August 12th, 2014, 12:12 pm

They have pretty much all genres scheduled. On the show that was cut in half last Friday, Michael Grandinetti did what I would label as a "parlour" routine in which three borrowed finger rings appeared inside a loaf of bread. I have no idea what Michael Giles or Rob Lake did, as it was their segments that were preempted. The others, Rick Thomas, Erix Logan, and Aaron Crow did stage magic.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » August 12th, 2014, 2:01 pm

Dustin Stinett wrote:They have pretty much all genres scheduled. On the show that was cut in half last Friday, Michael Grandinetti did what I would label as a "parlour" routine in which three borrowed finger rings appeared inside a loaf of bread. I have no idea what Michael Giles or Rob Lake did, as it was their segments that were preempted. The others, Rick Thomas, Erix Logan, and Aaron Crow did stage magic.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not much interested in pure big box illusion shows, but I'll sit through it to watch the other, smaller stuff.

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » August 16th, 2014, 4:59 pm

For those in the Los Angeles market, don't forget that Masters of Illusion plays tonight (Saturday) on the CW.

I've noticed that the CW is playing the past episodes for free on their website:

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/masters-of-illusion

By the way, WITHOUT LA, MOI increased its viewers and ratings last night! Congratulations to David McKenzie, Al Schwartz, David Martin, Gay Blackstone, everyone at ATI, and, of course, the performers!

Return to “Buzz”