The NEW Conjuring Arts FREE Summer Book Club!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Conjuring Arts
Favorite Magician: Houdini

The NEW Conjuring Arts FREE Summer Book Club!

Postby Conjuring Arts » July 8th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Introducing the NEW Conjuring Arts FREE Summer Book Club!
Every week for the rest of the summer we will give a away a great classic magic book via downloadable PDF. This week is our bible edition of The Expert at the Card Table complete with a handy dandy bookmark table of contents.
Just go to our store, put the book in your cart and check out. You will have to create a shopping cart but you don’t have to join anything and the book will be free with no strings attached.

Next sunday Erdnase goes back to regular price ($9.99) and Charlie Miller’s favorite book becomes free!

Cheers from CA
Last edited by Conjuring Arts on July 16th, 2013, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to reach us or have questions? Send us a PM or email us at: questions@conjuringarts.org
Official Account of the Conjuring Arts Research Center

Frank Quiroz

Re: Introducing the NEW Conjuring Arts FREE Summer Book Club

Postby Frank Quiroz » July 8th, 2013, 6:40 pm

is the book immediately downloadable or is it emailed? i went trough the process but i didn't get the ebook. surely i did something wrong.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Frank Quiroz

Conjuring Arts

Postby Conjuring Arts » July 8th, 2013, 6:56 pm

Hi Frank,
As soon as the transaction completes the link to the book is at the bottom of the page. You can access this again by

go to the shopping cart
login
click on "my account"
click "view previous orders"
Choose the order with Erdnase in it and the link is at the bottom of the page under the section that says downloadable products information

But this link is emailed to you too.

Hope this helps.

CA
Want to reach us or have questions? Send us a PM or email us at: questions@conjuringarts.org

Frank Quiroz

Postby Frank Quiroz » July 8th, 2013, 6:58 pm

thank you, I'll check again asap

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Frank Quiroz

Conjuring Arts

Postby Conjuring Arts » July 16th, 2013, 1:53 pm

The first week of our FREE Summer Book Club was a huge success; over 1,200 of you downloaded The Expert at The Card Table!

This week's selection was Charlie Miller's favorite magic book, Magician's Tricks: How They are Done by Henry Hatton and Adrian Plate.

How the Club Works:

[*]Every week this summer download a FREE classic magic book from our new PDF store.
[*]Nothing to join, simply go get your free books. (Add the book to your cart and checkout, the price will be $0.00)
[*]Each book will only be free in our store for 1 week. Every Sunday a new book will be free and last week's book will revert to regular price. Don't miss one!
[*]No strings (not even invisible ones) attached.

While you're there, check out the hundreds of other great PDF books we have available at the world’s best prices.

Here's the hint for next week's book: A classic book that ushered in a new era using new technologies and an all star cast.

Conjuring Arts

Re: The NEW Conjuring Arts FREE Summer Book Club!

Postby Conjuring Arts » July 21st, 2013, 2:30 pm

Week 3 of Conjuring Arts'
FREE Summer Book Club!
Over 750,000 Pages Downloaded in our First Two Weeks!

This week's PDF The Modern Conjurer and Drawing Room Entertainer by C. Lang Neil Completely Free!

This week's selection is another major classic: The Modern Conjurer and Drawing Room Entertainer by C. Lang Neil. One of the greatest magic books ever written, extremely detailed and one of the first magic books to feature photography - see the likes of Charles Bertram and T. Nelson Downs performing their own effects!

How the Club Works:
-Every week this summer download a FREE classic magic book from our new PDF store.
-Nothing to join, simply go get your free books. (Add the book to your cart and checkout, the price will be $0.00)
-Each book will only be free in our store for 1 week. Every Sunday a new book will be free and last week's book will revert to regular price. Don't miss one!
-No strings (not even invisible ones) attached.

While you're there, check out the hundreds of other great PDF books we have available at the world’s best prices.

Conjuring Arts

Postby Conjuring Arts » July 26th, 2013, 4:57 pm

A hint for next week's book of the Conjuring Arts Free Summer Book Club:

It is the first and perhaps only place that calls the famous magician Bosco a bird murderer.

Make your best guess!

Frank Quiroz

Postby Frank Quiroz » July 26th, 2013, 7:40 pm

wild guess

The unmasking of Robert-Houdin
Frank Quiroz

Conjuring Arts

Postby Conjuring Arts » July 26th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Hi Frank,
Good guess but... not this week.
Btw, did we tell you that our next Free book will be in both text-based PDF format and ePub?? We are pretty excited to offer an ePub book.

Team CA

Conjuring Arts

Postby Conjuring Arts » July 28th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Ok, our Week 4 Free book is up and ready for downloading, The Memoirs of Robert Houdin.
We have done a brand new scan and are making a fresh, fully corrected Text over Image PDF available for free this entire week.
To mix things up a bit we also made the book an ePub and invite you all to download both versions if you wish to. We don't think all magic books are really useful on your iPhone so don't be disappointed in us if we don't make every book we sell an ePub. But in this case it's really a book to sit down and read like a novel so we thought some of you might like it on your phone. We will do more ePub books in the future but not everything we sell is meant to be read that way.
Please enjoy and please be so kind as to let us know what you think!!

PS next week gets us back to learning material and there probably isn't a magician alive who doesn't do something that comes from our next Free Summer Book.

Team CA.

Gordon Meyer
Favorite Magician: Uri

Postby Gordon Meyer » July 28th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Thanks for the ePub option. While your PDFs are of superb quality, I do appreciate the ePub format so i can use the annotation tools in iBooks more easily.

Conjuring Arts

Postby Conjuring Arts » August 8th, 2013, 10:21 am

Week 5 of Conjuring Arts'
FREE Summer Book Club!

Over 2,500,000 Pages Downloaded and Counting!

This Week's Book:
The Royal Road to Card Magic Completely Free!

This week's selection is a must for any serious cardician. Hugard and Braue crafted the classic textbook for beginners and even finished experts will find many invaluable lessons within its covers.

The Royal Road to Card Magic by Jean Hugard and Fred Braué is available as a text-based PDF for FREE until 1pm EST on August 18.

Conjuring Arts

Postby Conjuring Arts » August 13th, 2013, 3:35 pm

Week 6 of Conjuring Arts'
FREE Summer Book Club!

Over 3,000,000 Pages Downloaded and Counting!

This Week's Book My Magic Life Completely Free!

This week we are excited to offer the autobiography of David Devant, consummate magic entertainer and historian. The book traces his rise to the pinnacle of our art and also includes many histories and thoughts on magic, as well as the scripts for several of his theatrical pieces.

My Magic Life by David Devant is available as a text-based PDF for FREE until 1pm EST on August 18.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » August 13th, 2013, 5:04 pm

Very smart way to gather email addresses and very good email marketing.

Wow. In 10 years of consulting for email marketing I don't think I've ever typed out the above sentence.

(However, I too was confused about getting the actual PDF and in the end I gave up - I imagine if you look in your Analytics account you'll see lots of people signing up and not actually downloading the book).

Conjuring Arts

Postby Conjuring Arts » August 13th, 2013, 5:38 pm

Dear Mr. Goat,
Thanks for the compliments!
We have made a lot of new friends with our free book club and we are very pleased about that.

Sorry you had some trouble downloading the book. The only trick to it is that once you go through the checkout process you will get an email containing the link to the book and at this point you must be signed in to your shopping cart account to do the download. This is just one tiny bit of protection for us as it makes it harder to pass the download link around.
We really hope you'll try again! Otherwise write to us directly and we will make sure you get the book even if we have to email it to you!

Team CA.

PS The most exciting part of this for us that we think we may actually be encouraging some to read these great classics! We know downloading isn't reading but it's a start.

shatteredorbit

Postby shatteredorbit » August 17th, 2013, 3:07 am

I am enjoying the book choices, and the project over all. How many weeks/books do you expect to release? Would it be possible to get a list of the future books, or possible allow for the earlier books to be acquired? I came in on week 2 and would really like a copy of Expert. But, as I have a physical copy of it already, I picked up a bronze membership instead.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » August 17th, 2013, 11:19 am

shatteredorbit wrote: I came in on week 2 and would really like a copy of Expert.

Learned Pig version

Conjuring Arts "Bible" version

Miracle Factory version

Marty Demarest's Kindle version

Hoffmann commentary version

The Library of Congress also has a PDF file of Houdini's copy (one of the hardbound Drake editions), but their website is undergoing maintenance right now and I don't know the link.

Conjuring Arts

Postby Conjuring Arts » September 5th, 2013, 10:18 am

Hello to our friends from Genii!

We're going into Week 9 of Conjuring Arts' FREE Summer Book Club!

So far the magic community has downloaded over 5,000,000 pages of great magic literature!

This week's book is one of the most important and earliest books on sleight of hand ever!

We're letting you into Conjuring Arts' rare room with this very special edition of Reginald Scot's The Discoverie of Witchcraft. Made from the ultra rare 1886 edition that was only printed in 250 copies, this edition is considered by many the most desirable edition of Scot. This is the first time it has been available in Text-over-Image PDF format.

This EXCLUSIVE version of The Discoverie of Witchcraft is available for FREE until 1pm EST on September 8.

Hope you all enjoy this seminal text on the art of magic.

Conjuring Arts

Postby Conjuring Arts » September 9th, 2013, 10:55 am

A few weeks ago we released The Memoirs of Robert Houdin for free as both a Text-based PDF and an Epub as part of the Conjuring Arts summer reading club. It was a huge success and thousands of magicians discovered that classic book for the first time.

The great French master returns for this week's free book. We have worked hard to take a beautiful scan of Secrets of Conjuring and Magic by Robert Houdin and turn it into a Text-Based PDF. It looks and reads great and is fully bookmarked for ease of access. As always the book is fully searchable.

This is a wonderful book by one of the greatest magicians to have graced the stage. It is filled with wonderful magic and indispensable advice for both the amateur and professional conjurer.

We hope all of you enjoy this great book and please let us know what you think and what gems you find hidden inside!

Conjuring Arts Team

Conjuring Arts

Tarbell is now Free!! (yes, all of it!)

Postby Conjuring Arts » September 15th, 2013, 3:22 pm

Free Original Tarbell Course this week only.
We are very excited at Conjuring Arts today!
We secretly saved the biggest and in many ways best PDF for last.
This brand new version of Harlan Tarbell's original and seminal correspondence course is fully rendered in the very easy to read Text and Image PDF format. This will work on anything that reads PDFs even all current Kindle models.
Mahdi Gilbert went over every one of the 1243 pages and made it into text (we left the included index as an image as formatting was a problem here) and it looks amazing! He even added bookmarks to every section.
It's a great work and useful for learning or relearning magic as well as historical information. This edition (not exactly the same as the one put out in book form years later) has great information about many of the now legends of magic. What kind of Bottom Deal did Cardini do in 1926? Now you will know.
Please enjoy this last free download of our phenomenally successful Free Summer Reading Club.

Team CA.

AJM

Postby AJM » September 15th, 2013, 5:12 pm

Could someone explain the download process please?

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » September 15th, 2013, 5:38 pm

AJM wrote:Could someone explain the download process please?

Ditto. I gave up.

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » September 15th, 2013, 5:50 pm

First you have to "purchase" it (no credit card needed).

Then there is a link at the very very bottom of the Order Confirmation email you get after you order called: "Download URL"
Last edited by Joe Pecore on September 15th, 2013, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » September 15th, 2013, 5:53 pm

You can also log into the store (Your account)

Click "View Previous Orders"
Click the "Order Details" of the order
The download link is at the bottom there too.
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » September 15th, 2013, 5:55 pm

I'm just short of luddite/idiot with stuff like this and I had no problems getting the ones I wanted.

You go through the order process as if you are buying something (you might need to register for their sales site even if you already have a Genii subscription—I had to).

After completing the "order" (including "paying" for it using the "secure" link and not PayPal, and verifying address, etc.), they email you a link to the download. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.

Asser Andersen

Postby Asser Andersen » September 16th, 2013, 12:51 am

You can also use the PayPal option when you check out - still free and an amazing offer :-)

AJM

Postby AJM » September 16th, 2013, 8:13 am

Managed to get the download, eventually - not a clear process at all.

Anyways, I can't complain with such a great download.

Cheers

Andrew

(Speaking to you live from the tropical island of St Lucia - its a tough life...)

Return to “Buzz”