Congratulations to Jules Fisher!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby Richard Kaufman » 06/09/13 10:57 PM

Jules and his partner Peggy Eisenhauer won a Tony award tonight for their lighting design for Tom Hanks' Broadway play by the late Nora Ephron, "Lucky Guy."

Jules has been a magic afficienado for many years, so congratulations!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Max Maven » 06/09/13 11:44 PM

Jules is far more than a magic enthusiast. He is a well versed close-up performer, who also produces beautiful hand-turned wooden props. In 2010 he received a Special Fellowship from the AMA (to embellish his substantial number of lighting awards preceding tonight's Tony).

His entryway into lighting was via magic, and that continues to inform his work. He has designed lighting for a number of magic-related shows, including Pippin, Blackstone! , Angels in America (which included an illusion designed by Michael Weber), Haunted Shakespeare (starring Eugene Burger) and Ricky Jay's 52 Assistants, On the Stem and Rogue's Gallery.

Last year, he designed the off-Broadway run of my show, Thinking In Person. And, as I told Jules during the lighting process, "Hell, at this point I don't really care if anyone comes to see the show; just being lit by you is worth coming to New York for a month."
Max Maven

Return to Buzz