Fire in Colon

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Bill Reader

Fire in Colon

Postby Bill Reader » March 8th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Just got news, there is a fire going on in the downtown area of Colon MI, Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.

Jim Riser

Re: Fire in Colon

Postby Jim Riser » March 8th, 2013, 9:07 pm

rickfishercolon

Postby rickfishercolon » March 10th, 2013, 10:28 pm

Everyone is okay..no injuries but we did lose three of our long time businesses - Curly's/Papa Mancinos, Five Star Pizza & the Prudential Building on the corner of Blackstone Ave and State Street. Five Star building may be saved - but the other two buildings are a total loss.

Here in Colon we band together and we appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Rick Fisher, FAB Magic
Colon Downtown Development Association President

rickfishercolon

Postby rickfishercolon » March 12th, 2013, 9:56 pm

This past Friday, literally minutes before the Colon fire, I was contacted by ITC Group. These folks are a part of large electrical co-op here in Michigan. Colon has been selected to be the location for a live remote/on air program hosted by Paul W. Smith of WJR Radio in Detroit! They will be setting up here at FAB on April 29th for 4 hour live broadcast from 5:00 am - 9:00 am to promote COLON! Refreshments /coffee/donuts and thanks to Dawn & Phils will be serving good ole' biscuits and gravy as well.

And....I have just been informed that during Paul's radio show ITC will be presenting Colon Michigan a check for $10,000 to help aid in the fire restorations projects...At the Village Council meeting tonite I revealed the details much to the appreciation of everyone there.

Come show your support for Colon if you are in the area...An exciting opportunity and we thank ITC for caring.....

Return to “Buzz”