New Miracle from Asi Wind

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

New Miracle from Asi Wind

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 22nd, 2012, 12:09 pm

One of the reasons I look forward to Saturdays is because a new edition of Duncan Trillo's magicweek.co.uk comes out.

This week I found:

Introducing The Invisible Deck, with a normal deck of cards! With thanks to Asi Wind: "A revolutionary system enabling an ultra clean performance of the invisible deck... using a normal deck of cards. 'This really is invisible nothing to see! Excellent!' Wayne Dobson. No force, completely free choice of card; You never have to look at the cards once they are out of the box; The spectator can even spread through the cards; There is only one card reversed; No rough and smooth, use any deck; Instant reset; Unique 'portal' learning system to get you up to speed fast; Plus Bonus sections: A Close Look At The False Overhand Shuffle; Explanation of the Dynamic In Hand Zarrow Shuffle; First ever footage of Reorder Chris Dugdale's dynamic routine from 'Best of British' and full explanation..." Take a peek at www.invisible-deck.com it looks great!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

mrgoat

Re: New Miracle from Asi Wind

Postby mrgoat » December 22nd, 2012, 1:53 pm

I thought the demo was horrible. Here, let me take the deck out of the box and do lots of moves, then hand you the deck, oh unprepared pal, who happens to spread it out perfectly for the effect and straight to the camera!

And for those reasons, I'm out.

JHostler

Postby JHostler » December 22nd, 2012, 2:50 pm

I've seen [much] worse... but will probably stick with a slightly modified version of Paul Harris's ancient Invisible Rising Card.
"The gnomes' ambition is handicapped by laziness." Adapted from Charles Bukowski, and clearly evident at http://www.gnominal.com

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » December 22nd, 2012, 3:18 pm

Mike Close's version of this with a regular deck is miles cleaner.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » December 22nd, 2012, 3:18 pm

It's pretty awful compared to the versions out there by Close, Ackerman, and Cummins.

This guy does all the dirty work at the worst possible time, in what Ortiz calls the "Critical Interval".

Travis
Favorite Magician: Charles Morritt

Postby Travis » December 22nd, 2012, 11:10 pm

Simon Aronson has a nice low-sleight approach to an Invisible Deck sort of effect using a memorized stack. The effect is slightly different than the Invisible Deck, but still very nice.

JustCards

Postby JustCards » December 23rd, 2012, 1:29 am

Travis - Do you recall the name of Simon's effect, or in which of his books it appeared?

Bob Cunningham

Postby Bob Cunningham » December 23rd, 2012, 10:30 am

JustCards wrote:Travis - Do you recall the name of Simon's effect, or in which of his books it appeared?

I believe the effect you are looking for is called, "The Invisible Card" and can be found in "Try the Impossible" or on DVD in "Sessions with Simon" volume 3.

JustCards

Postby JustCards » December 23rd, 2012, 11:08 am

Thanks Bob.

Merry Christmas!

Return to “Buzz”