Justin's levitation

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Don Hendrix

Justin's levitation

Postby Don Hendrix » June 22nd, 2012, 11:23 am

Has anyone seen Justin's levitation this week in the Palace of Mystery? I was sitting in the back and could see nothing below his knees. I am just wondering how it looked to someone who could actually see it.

Lou Serrano

Re: Justin's levitation

Postby Lou Serrano » June 22nd, 2012, 3:43 pm

I saw it last night. I had to stand from where I was sitting, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see anything. The illusion was perfect. He really did look like he was floating. Nothing below his feet except empty space. If he could create better sight lines for the routine (maybe performing it on a raised platform on the stage), everyone would be able to appreciate the wonderful illusion.

Lou Serrano

Donal Chayce

Postby Donal Chayce » June 23rd, 2012, 2:11 am

I may be wrong, but I believe he's performing Jimmy Fingers' Magellan Master Levitation.

I saw the 10:00 Palace show on Wednesday. His is the first actual performing of the illusion I've ever seen. I thought his presentation and performance were both good, but my reaction to the illusion itself is "a modest puzzle but not at all mystifying."
The MacGician®

merenkov2

Postby merenkov2 » June 23rd, 2012, 11:55 am

I watched Jimmy Fingers perform his levitation (if we are indeed talking about the same thing) in the lobby of a hotel during a magic convention in Texas. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in magic.

Don Hendrix

Postby Don Hendrix » June 24th, 2012, 5:41 pm

Is anyone going to the Castle tonight who can ask Justin a question for me? Or, can anyone give me contact info so that I can email him? His website only gives contact info for his agents. He is performing in Tucson on July 2, and I would like to know if he does his levitation in this show. I would like to see it again, since I couldn't really see it at the Castle last Monday. If he is going to do it here, that might sell some more tickets among local magicians, who I can tell about it. Thank for any info anyone can give.

Return to “Buzz”