Spectator's Cups & Balls by Ammar & Williams

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Edward Pungot

Spectator's Cups & Balls by Ammar & Williams

Postby Edward Pungot » May 3rd, 2012, 10:26 am

Got this link in my e-box yesterday. Thought it might interest anyone who does the cups and balls. Watch the 4 minute youtube clip. I think you will like it. Ammar has the PDF for sale which includes youtube embedded clips in addition to color photos with the accompanying text. Nicely priced for a commercial and fresh handling of this timeless classic. Although any knowledgeable magician could figure out the handling and sequencing of the routine by viewing the youtube clip alone, I think purchasing the PDF is still worth the $9.75 investment. The format of the manuscript you buy is a lesson as to how the future of IT in the magic industry may look when it comes to small to medium sized documents.

http://michaelammarmagic.com/4-Minutes-of-Fame-4min.htm

Dave V

Re: Spectator's Cups & Balls by Ammar & Williams

Postby Dave V » May 3rd, 2012, 2:56 pm

I bought it as soon as I saw it. There is HUGE potential here, especially for buskers who don't want to lug a fruit stand around in their bag.

Good spectator interaction and involvement with minimal intervention by the performer. All (or nearly all) moves are justified and the manipulations necessary are time shifted by other actions after the fact that help to conceal what happened.

There are some creative loading moves that might scare off first time cup users, but if you're afraid of dropping something, they can be easily replaced with more conventional handling.

Well worth the price.
"I still play with a full deck, I just shuffle slower"

KirkG

Postby KirkG » May 3rd, 2012, 11:31 pm

Not a fan of showing the large load at the beginning and openly placing it in the pocket. I prefer them to a be a total impossible surprise. This is contaminated with a magician's familiarity with the routine.

Also, it looks a bit too busy with much extraneous handling of the cups by the magician.

I do like the surprises of the spectator. Hopefully you get a polite one like this one.

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » May 3rd, 2012, 11:45 pm

Very clever. What a nice way to make the birthday boy, the guest of honor, whatever, the hero.

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » May 4th, 2012, 2:35 am

I have the original booklet by Dick Williams that inspired Ammar. This is a terrific update to the routine.

Return to “Buzz”