Hank Lee gone?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
danhughes

Hank Lee gone?

Postby danhughes » April 28th, 2012, 10:57 pm

Tried to get into his web site tonight, and after getting to the front door and clicking on it, I get:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in E:\web\hanklee.org\www\xcart\include\func.php on line 43

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in E:\web\hanklee.org\www\xcart\include\func.php on line 47

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in E:\web\hanklee.org\www\xcart\include\func.php on line 47
Could not connect to SQL db

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Hank Lee gone?

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 28th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Looks like the site is gone. Could be temporary or permanent. He may not have been able to pay his bill.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

danhughes

Postby danhughes » April 28th, 2012, 11:15 pm

I put in an order with them three weeks ago, and it just shipped yesterday.

Looks like maybe I am very lucky.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 28th, 2012, 11:23 pm

With all that's going on, it would have been an easy matter for a bill from wherever his server is located to go unnoticed and not get paid. Or, whoever is hosting his website might have just seen the news and decided he no longer wanted to host the website because of possible legal reasons.

Who knows? If it's back online shortly then we'll know it was something that needed to be dealt with and not a big deal. Remember, there have been times when this site has also temporarily vanished. Some time on the phone with our host company to deal with a technical issue and we come back.

This seems ominous because of Hank's legal issues, but might not necessarily be related.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

danhughes

Postby danhughes » April 29th, 2012, 9:15 am

The site is back up this morning. Glad to see it!

uhrenschmied

Postby uhrenschmied » April 29th, 2012, 12:10 pm

danhughes wrote:The site is back up this morning. Glad to see it!

Why ?

Regards,

danhughes

Postby danhughes » April 29th, 2012, 12:14 pm

Because I've been ordering a lot of their "VHS by the pound" packages, and I'll probably order more. (They are getting rid of all their VHS instructional videos, selling them for $5 per pound, which is about $2 each including shipping if you buy them 10 lbs at a time).

uhrenschmied

Postby uhrenschmied » April 29th, 2012, 12:31 pm

I salute your willingness to take risks.

Regards,

danhughes

Postby danhughes » April 29th, 2012, 12:35 pm

I got my orders in before the arrest came to light, so I didn't know I was taking a risk.

In fact, my last order was submitted before the news broke, but it just shipped on Friday (I have USPS confirmation that it is on its way to me now).

So it looks like I've done okay.

Return to “Buzz”