Penn & Teller in Florida in February 2012

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tony Tuccillo

Penn & Teller in Florida in February 2012

Postby Tony Tuccillo » January 3rd, 2012, 1:20 pm

The boys are on the road again with at least two dates in Florida in February. On Thursday, 2/9 they'll be at the King Center in Melbourne, Florida and in St Petersburg on Friday, 2/10 (don't have info on the venue but saw it listed on an online ticket site). I posted a question to Audrey on the P&T site (pennandteller.com - boards section) to ask about additional dates.

For those that would like to escape the bleakness of winter next month, come on down to Florida.

Every Monday night in Orlando you have Wizards Magic Theater (wizardsmagictheater.com) for intimate close up magic produced by Erick Olson. The week of the P&T shows, you have Eugene Burger lecturing in Jacksonville that Tuesday, 2/7 (his workshop on Wednesday, 2/8 is sold out from what I hear). Penn & Teller have two shows as previously mentioned and Eugene is going to south Miami for a lecture, annual club dinner show and workshop the weekend of 2/10 - 2/12.

While it's usually a bit chilly for us Floridians to be in the pool or ocean in February there's lots to do outdoors besides the theme parks. The best fresh water & inshore salt water fishing in the world is in east central Florida, golf, tennis, camping without most of the bugs or just reading a book by the pool or on the beach.

Come on down, spend a little money in our state this election year (where our motto is 'Vote early and vote often').
Tony Tuccillo
Sebastian, Florida

Edward Pungot

Re: Penn & Teller in Florida in February 2012

Postby Edward Pungot » January 3rd, 2012, 2:22 pm

I spent the New Year's weekend in Las Vegas. Although I didn't get to see Penn & Teller do their show, I did see their wonderful ad in the hotel magazine that I thought was quite clever. Not sure if it's an old photo. At any rate, I think it's brilliant advertising in the typical style they are known and loved for.

[img:left]http://lasvegasblog.harrahs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/penn_teller_ad1_332w.jpg[/img]

Marvo

Postby Marvo » January 3rd, 2012, 5:03 pm

I will be there in April for 3 weeks, can't wait.

Paul

Bob Baker

Postby Bob Baker » January 7th, 2012, 9:52 am

I saw the show last week, and they were terrific. It is one of the most intelligent magic shows I've seen. Penn seems to have mellowed (marriage, daughter, time?) and was charming and not preachy.

The picture shown above is on the cover of the souvenir program.

Don't miss the chance to see them!

Bob

Return to “Buzz”