If You've Sent Anything to Canada, or Had Something Sent to You, You're Out of Luck!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

If You've Sent Anything to Canada, or Had Something Sent to You, You're Out of Luck!

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 15th, 2011, 4:13 pm

Just heard this:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Following 12 days of strikes by the Canadian Union of Postal Workers, the Canada Post announced this morning that they are suspending operations across the country until further notice.

All Canada Post processing plants, letter carrier depots and post offices are closed and all mail acceptance and delivery is suspended.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Bob Farmer

Re: If You've Sent Anything to Canada, or Had Something Sent to You, You're Out of Luck!

Postby Bob Farmer » June 15th, 2011, 6:28 pm

The government is forcing them all back to work, along with Air Canada (also on strike). In Canada we simply dispatch black ops, there's none of that messy democracy business, so everything should be back to normal by Monday or Tuesday.

From each according to their abilities, to each according to their needs!

Commander Farmer, Sector Seven

Nickle

Re: If You've Sent Anything to Canada, or Had Something Sent to You, You're Out of Luck!

Postby Nickle » June 23rd, 2011, 4:44 am

Apparently the Canadian Black Ops is also on strike.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/2 ... 1.html?amp

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » June 23rd, 2011, 8:17 am

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » June 23rd, 2011, 10:26 am

I went to the local post office on the 11th and was told that that was the last day they would accept anything going to Canada. I asked if I did send my package would it get delivered at the Canadian end but they couldn't give me an answer. I didn't take the chance. The post office said that their info was direct from Canadian customs.

SteveP

Postby SteveP » June 23rd, 2011, 4:38 pm

I was at the post office today and they told me they are still turning away packages to Canada and also, they just found out today, Afghanistan.

Nickle

Postby Nickle » June 24th, 2011, 1:02 am

Bob Farmer wrote:From each according to their abilities, to each according to their needs!

Well that about sums it up.

Return to “Buzz”