What David Copperfield Can Teach Us About Sales

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Magic Newswire

What David Copperfield Can Teach Us About Sales

Postby Magic Newswire » November 30th, 2010, 11:01 am

From the Globe & Mail : http://bit.ly/hzJg1O
"If you want to boost your sales, you might want to study David Copperfield, Lance Burton, and Penn and Teller. Marketing consultant Richard Dooley, on the Neuromarketing blog, notes that magicians can fool us even when we are trying to pay attention. He says we can learn six lessons from magicians about how to exploit the mental processes of customers not to trick them, but to better engage them"

Ruben Padilla

Re: What David Copperfield Can Teach Us About Sales

Postby Ruben Padilla » November 30th, 2010, 3:51 pm

Very disappointed in the article. In my opinion, there are so many better lessons to be extracted from magic for use in marketing than the six he identified.

Hmm, maybe I should get writing...
Visit www.MagiciansOnly.com for exclusive book, trick, DVD, & convention reviews!

Marien Hopman

Re: What David Copperfield Can Teach Us About Sales

Postby Marien Hopman » December 1st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Very dissapointing artical. Having been a professional salesman I see nothing similar to his artical a professional selling. The poor man probably has never sold anything in his life except his boss on the fact that he can write? What I get from this presentation is what I get from the other magicians mentioned. You have to pay to see them. They are never over-exposed on Televison or in magizenes (except for magic magizenes..LOL) Just like Elvis, you had to pay to see them.

Return to “Buzz”