The making of a miracle

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
CardioloJest

The making of a miracle

Postby CardioloJest » August 19th, 2010, 8:49 am

I was with WEEK-TV -- it was around noon, when my phone rang. It was my magician buddy, mentalist BobSchwarz--he asked if I wanted to go to lunch. I said, "Fine, Bob, I have a date with some reporters from the Peoria Journal-Star at a Chinese restaurant, and they would love to see your work. Well, Bob did some miracles--then, suddenly, he said, "Sandy is going to do one" and flashed the Jack of Spades at me, which he then forced on one of the reporters. I said, "Rather than my telling you your card, I want you to follow these directions." First, go to the telephone, call 411, and ask for the number of the Wilkins Pipe Company, in Dubuque, Iowa, then call them and ask for Mike Walrath, tell him you are with Sandy Singer, and he is thinking of a card." OK, this guy comes back to our table, shaking his head in amazement. He says, "The guy told me it was the Jack of Spades." Everybody was truly amazed. After lunch Bob said, "I know you don't have 52 friends--how the hell did you do that?" I laughed, and told him, "Mike and I are tournament bridge partners--whenever anything bad happens to us, one of us is holding the Jack of Spades--it has become our nemeses card--I knew Mike would name that card."
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

Return to “Buzz”