Save $50 on Martin Gardner's Impromptu

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: Save $50 on Martin Gardner's Impromptu

Postby Dustin Stinett » May 7th, 2015, 1:50 pm

I believe we will see the book. I saw Todd a few weeks ago and he told me that he is indexing it now. I also believe it will be worth the wait.

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Postby Ted M » June 12th, 2015, 12:49 pm

Upon reviewing this thread, I note that on 28 Feb 2014 Todd Karr wrote:

Todd Karr wrote:You'd be aware that Mark Setteducati heads the Gathering for Gardner and will be doing the intro, and that Michael Weber says he's proceeding on commentaries.

Yet Bill Mullins (17 Mar 2015) agrees with Mark Collier that Weber said he had handed in his commentary notes years earlier, back in 2011:

Bill Mullins wrote:
Mark Collier wrote:I asked Michael Weber about this at Magic Apple's "A Day of Lectures" a couple of years ago. He told me he had given all of his notes to Todd Karr already. That's what I remember anyway.

This is pretty much what he said to me at the Erdnaseum in 2011.

Consequently, I don't believe a damn thing that Todd Karr says about this book.

Bibliophage

Postby Bibliophage » June 12th, 2015, 2:18 pm

Ted,

I spoke with Weber in SFO recently and, while all that you say is correct, he informed me that Todd had put the project back on track.

Apparently Weber is revising and updating his original contributions of several years ago. He said "since the time the project stopped, everyone now has a smartphone and no one has a phone book so the current additions need to reflect this."

I don't bet, but it feels like it might happen.

Return to “Buzz”