Bob Fitch Masterclass at Denny's Balt. on June 6.

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Mark Phillips
Favorite Magician: Mac King

Bob Fitch Masterclass at Denny's Balt. on June 6.

Postby Mark Phillips » May 15th, 2009, 11:38 am

Thanks to the success of Bob Fitchs master classes last year; weve found a mutually agreeable date Denny & Lees Baltimore studio to offer another one this year, albeit with very short notice! Bobs masterclass at Dennys will begin at 1PM on Saturday, June 6th. There are four performance slots available this year. Each performer will do a routine and receive feedback and direction from Bob. The cost for these four slots is $100.00 If you want one of these slots, please send me an email at markphillips@verizon.net these are on a first come, first serve basis. Like last year, the master class will last (at least) 4 hours and general admission for spectators is $50.00.
In a master class, as opposed to a traditional lecture, the participants and spectators watch and listen as the master works with one student at a time. The student performs a single prepared routine and the master then gives them direction on how to improve it, often including demonstrations of certain advanced techniques, and helping the student discover solutions to technical errors or weak spots. The student may be asked to try several approaches to a problem section to determine the best solution; this class will be about doing. Bob says his primary goal is to help put more of you into your magic. A major feature will be Bobs instruction of advanced stagecraft and communication tools he applied in his own career and which he has successfully taught other magicians in his Workshops. The value of the master class setup is that the entire audience can benefit from the master's comments on each piece.
Topics and techniques Bob is likely to cover as he works with the students include: pointers on speaking TO an audience, proper breathing in performance, exercises to change your voice and diction, relaxation, telling the truth, breaking down a routine, point of view, hiding (or how not to), increasing emotional impact, increasing clarity, and more. This is a rare opportunity to see advanced performers work with an experienced director, and for magicians in our area to have a glimpse into Bobs performance workshops.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FORWARD THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS!
For those who dont know him, BOB FITCH has worn many hats in his lengthy professional career (actor, director, magician, singer, dancer). He counts twenty-seven Broadway Shows, including, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum with Whoopi Goldberg, and The Will Rogers Follies as Clem, Will's father. He received Broadway's Burns-Mantle Award for Best Featured Actor in a Musical for his villainous portrayal of Rooster Hannigan in the original Annie, receiving a Carbonell Nomination for both direction and portrayal. He also staged the 1992 National Tour of Annie.
Other principal roles include: Mack & Mabel; Coco, with Katherine Hepburn; Mame, with Angela Lansbury; Promises, Promises, with Jerry Orbach; and Accidental Death Of An Anarchist. He played Second Banana to Mickey Rooney in Sugar Babies in Atlantic City, Lake Tahoe and the Desert Inn in Las Vegas. He toured with Liza Minnelli in her original act, plus Flora,The Red Menace on Broadway. And he has Two Hirschfelds! (Thats him second from the left in Annie on Broadway)
In films, he appeared in Stephen King's Thinner and with Steve Martin in Pennies from Heaven. He guested and choreographed on Burt Reynold's Evening Shade. His direction received a MAC Award (NY Cabaret) for Jeff McBride's Mask, Myth, And Magic. He has taught dance for all the major National Dance Teacher Organizations. He created the coffee cup illusion for the second David Blaine TV Special and coached David Blaine on later Specials.
He has dozens of TV commercials to his credit utilizing magic, juggling, fire-eating, dance and physical comedy. He is well known for his coin, topit and holdout work.
Most recently, Bob was consultant and performance coach for NBCs Phenomenon. He has coached performers such as David Copperfield and Jeff McBride. He was consultant, coach and writer for Alain Nu's four one-hour Discovery Channel specials (The Mysterious World of Alain Nu).Recently he directed full evening shows for Thomas Solomon (Elusions), Jeff McBride and Eugene Burger (Atlantic City), Paul Gertner's one-man show (Ten Fingers), as well as R.J. Lewis and Aaron Raditz.
Go practice.

Eric DeCamps

Re: Bob Fitch Masterclass at Denny's Balt. on June 6.

Postby Eric DeCamps » May 15th, 2009, 5:53 pm

[font:Book Antiqua][size:14pt]I am sure that many of you are aware that Bob Fitch directed my current show at the Metropolitan Room in NYC. What you mat not know is that I also attended the 2008 Master Class Bob held in the DC area.

I highly recommend to anyone who is serious about improving and/or polishing their magic performance skills not waste any time and sign up for this class right away before it fills up. I guarantee that if you do participate in Bob's Master Class that the experience and knowledge you gain will payoff ten fold.

Eric DeCamps[/size][/font]

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Re: Bob Fitch Masterclass at Denny's Balt. on June 6.

Postby NCMarsh » May 15th, 2009, 11:04 pm

I've done three of Bob's workshops and they are the best investments I've made in magic.

When I went to the first Fitch Camp, it was an act of faith. I knew a bit about Bob's rep. in the magic world, read the essays on the site, showed the curriculum to some acting friends to get their take...but, beyond that, I was plunking down $2,500 (though, cheaper than it sounds because all lodging/meal expenses were included) sight unseen

Here you have the opportunity to get to see Bob's process firsthand without making a $1,200 - 2,500 commitment...and, personally, if I didn't have a prior booking that date, I would be on a plane to Baltimore and fighting for one of the performance critique spots

I have no financial connection to this, just someone whose work has improved tremendously through Bob's expert guidance -- and who would love to see others get the same...

N.

Return to “Buzz”