TV REMINDER :: Master of Illusion :: Episode 4

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Magic Newswire

TV REMINDER :: Master of Illusion :: Episode 4

Postby Magic Newswire » January 26th, 2009, 6:20 am

Tonight at 9 PM - Featuring Rocco, Jason Byrne, Ridgeway & Johnson , Fielding West, Tom Burgoon, Nathan Gibson, Chris Randall, Aaron Radatz, Dan Sperry, Jonathan Levit, Kevin James & Krystyn Lambert

Terrence

Re: TV REMINDER :: Master of Illusion :: Episode 4

Postby Terrence » January 27th, 2009, 10:55 am

Really enjoyed last night's show.

Good variety of magic. The show seems to have the right pacing and balance.

And an exciting and very dangerous escape for the finish.

Kudos to all the performers!

flynn

Postby flynn » January 27th, 2009, 11:39 am

Yea last nights show was the best I've seen so far of all the Masters of Illusions episodes. Fielding West's experience showed last night. That four card reveal involving four audience member looks like a good way to chew up minutes. The baloon guy has a good routine worked out also. The street performers could've done something else better though I think.

Ryan Matney

Postby Ryan Matney » January 27th, 2009, 12:30 pm

I think this series is much better than the Franz-hosted one.
Get the Dirty Work - Available now at http://www.ryanmatneymagic.com

Richard Perrin

Postby Richard Perrin » January 28th, 2009, 1:14 am

My son laugh so hard during Fielding West performs dove magic. My wife did not like a magician's (spike hairs with tattoo) lifesaver mint trick. She finds his tricks are evil (knowing it's just a trick but still stand what she think). I enjoy the entire show and will looking forward next week!
How many episodes will show on tv?
Last edited by Richard Perrin on January 28th, 2009, 1:17 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: correct spelling

Mark Paulson

Postby Mark Paulson » January 28th, 2009, 1:30 am

I thought Dan Sperry's Lifesaver-through-the-neck effect was awesome, but it seems the music was off. I saw him do this live in Las Vegas to the tune "Magic Moments" by Perry Como, and it was great. Does anyone know if the music we hear on TV is the same that the performers actually used in the theater? Rocco's music actually cut out for a couple of seconds, but that could have been my local station.

I also enjoyed the performances of Fielding West, Jonathan Levit, and Kevin James. Good times...

Has anyone heard that MyTV is going to rerun the first four episodes over the next four weeks?

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » January 28th, 2009, 1:37 am

Mark Paulson wrote:I thought Dan Sperry's Lifesaver-through-the-neck effect was awesome, but it seems the music was off. I saw him do this live in Las Vegas to the tune "Magic Moments" by Perry Como, and it was great. Does anyone know if the music we hear on TV is the same that the performers actually used in the theater? Rocco's music actually cut out for a couple of seconds, but that could have been my local station.

I also enjoyed the performances of Fielding West, Jonathan Levit, and Kevin James. Good times...

Has anyone heard that MyTV is going to rerun the first four episodes over the next four weeks?

The next four weeks are indeed reruns with a new episode on March 9th.

Dan spoke at length about using the Perry Como music in the act and other have talked about the fact that the music is rarely the same as what they normally use because of licensing issues. I'd have to go back and listen to it again, but I think that Dan talked about it in our interview with him as well.

mai-ling

Postby mai-ling » January 28th, 2009, 10:04 am

totally forgot about it again...
at least i can catch up with the re-runs.
you will remember my name
http://www.mai-ling.net
world's youngest illusionista

JFox

Postby JFox » January 28th, 2009, 9:28 pm

"Rocco's music actually cut out for a couple of seconds, but that could have been my local station."

>>that's part of his routine--You didn't notice that when the music suddenly stopped--- he took a CD out from his jacket & wiped it on his lapel, winked at the audience...and the music returned.

Mark Paulson

Postby Mark Paulson » January 28th, 2009, 10:36 pm

I was multi-tasking at the time. I guess I have to pay more attention. D'oh!

Jeremy Newton

Postby Jeremy Newton » January 29th, 2009, 4:08 pm

Richard Perrin wrote:My son laugh so hard during Fielding West performs dove magic. My wife did not like a magician's (spike hairs with tattoo) lifesaver mint trick. She finds his tricks are evil (knowing it's just a trick but still stand what she think). I enjoy the entire show and will looking forward next week!
How many episodes will show on tv?

I didn't really like the lifesaver trick either. It's a good concept, but watching someone openly chew their food has no entertainment value for me. Also, why does he chew it? He should swallow it whole. Is he really going for both a penetration (through his neck) AND a restoration (of the lifesaver)?

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » January 29th, 2009, 4:27 pm

It comes across much more strongly with his music and setting. In addition, there was effect with a "Paint Ball Catch" (as in Bullet Catch) that appeared much the same in Episode 2 and took away a bit of the impact.

Return to “Buzz”