Contacting Houdini's Ghost?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Magic Newswire

Contacting Houdini's Ghost?

Postby Magic Newswire » August 25th, 2008, 2:17 pm

Press Release Summary: Clairvoyant Kim Dennis, one of Canada\'s most famous mediums is flying to The Houdini Museum on Monday, August 25, in an attempt to get a message from Houdini who died October 31, 1926, for the Houdini families closest living relative, Jeff Blood. READ MORE

Magic Newswire

Re: Contacting Houdini's Ghost?

Postby Magic Newswire » August 28th, 2008, 1:01 pm

UPDATE :: Television medium Kim Dennis walks out of Houdini Museum session when asked to answer three simple Houdini questions posed by James Randi.

READ THE FULL TEXT

Ray T. Stott

Postby Ray T. Stott » August 28th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Magic Newswire wrote:UPDATE :: Television medium Kim Dennis walks out of Houdini Museum session when asked to answer three simple Houdini questions posed by James Randi.

READ THE FULL TEXT

You say that the three questions were "simple."
That implies that you are privy to what they were.
Do you mind sharing the three questions that were in the sealed envelope?
It's not about the magic; it's about the daily box office gross.

Steve V

Postby Steve V » August 29th, 2008, 12:40 am

Doesn't Hardeen have grandchildren or children still living? If so wouldn't they, as blood relatives, be more closely related to Houdini than Jeff Blood who I believe is the son of Bess Houdinis niece? Why would Jeff Blood have a health question about Houdini, he doesn't share any genetic connection, unless it was about Bess.
Steve V

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » August 29th, 2008, 6:42 am

Ray T. Stott wrote:
Magic Newswire wrote:UPDATE :: Television medium Kim Dennis walks out of Houdini Museum session when asked to answer three simple Houdini questions posed by James Randi.

READ THE FULL TEXT

You say that the three questions were "simple."
That implies that you are privy to what they were.
Do you mind sharing the three questions that were in the sealed envelope?

I am simply quoting the press release which we posted in full as received. I was not personally involved.

Ray T. Stott

Postby Ray T. Stott » August 29th, 2008, 9:18 am

I am simply quoting the press release which we posted in full as received. I was not personally involved.

Sorry, I saw no credit given to the real source and thought that the piece was of your own authorship.
It's not about the magic; it's about the daily box office gross.

castawaydave

Postby castawaydave » August 30th, 2008, 12:26 am

At 1:26 pm this afternoon, Houdini's spirit asked if I'd post a couple things for him:

First, he said he "STILL really freaking HATE(S) phony psychic S.O.B.s"; and, "When I come back, I'm sure-as-hell contacting James Randi before I ever call a schmuck like Kim Dennis!".

P.S. He also said he and Dai love the Steve Cohen issue.

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Postby NCMarsh » August 30th, 2008, 11:08 am

From the section of Kim's site about booking readings:

Payment is due in advance at time of booking $150.0

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » August 31st, 2008, 1:54 am

No worries.. The full text is in the Press release that we received which was posted at MagicNewswire.com

Postby 777 » August 31st, 2008, 4:32 pm

Hi Magic Newswire
what were the three questions set by james randy?
S.C.

Postby 777 » August 31st, 2008, 4:42 pm

Sorry, but just how did james get involved and why?
Thanks
S.C.

magicusa

Postby magicusa » September 8th, 2008, 6:15 am

To clear up many questions.

The reason Jeff Blood was used is that is who the medium Kim Dennis, who has had her own TV show in Canada for three years, contacted. She wanted to get verification from Jeff that it was Houdini that she contacted.

While we have a lot of experience in these matters we did not want to get scammed on this or slip up and do something stupid so we contacted Randi as a precaution. Both Dorothy Dietrich and myself, Dick Brooks, also had several authentic Houdini letters that he signed that had she reached Houdini he could have told her some of the contents or who they were sent to, if she relayed letter info to him.

The question Jeff Blood asked was to have Houdini relay to her some information about a health problem in Jeffs family that Houdini helped with.

Since Kim Dennis chose not to consider the questions, to this day even we do not know what they are. They were in an envelope for her to open and answer. We did not know the questions ahead of time to keep the test clean.

Even Randi did not know they questions as they were picked at random, from a long list of questions that Randi put together, again to try to keep the test as clean as possible.

Dick Brooks and Dorothy Dietrich
Last edited by magicusa on September 8th, 2008, 6:17 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: spelling

Return to “Buzz”