HARRY PRICE LIBRARY MAY BE SOLD

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Magic Newswire

HARRY PRICE LIBRARY MAY BE SOLD

Postby Magic Newswire » July 27th, 2008, 12:02 am

Just posted a story from the UK Independent which reports that due to extreme budget cuts, the Harry Price Library of Magical Literature may be broken up and sold. READ MORE

Paul Gordon

Re: HARRY PRICE LIBRARY MAY BE SOLD

Postby Paul Gordon » July 27th, 2008, 3:40 am

Dear Dodd,

Your link to Harry Lorayne on your front page goes to Richard Turner, NOT HL.

Paul Gordon
Secure Online Magic Shop: https://www.paulgordon.net/shop

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » July 27th, 2008, 11:13 am

Thanks Paul !

Our chat with Lorayne is coming tomorrow. That was to be pointing to a place holder for the link. The most recent interview was with Irene Larsen which is now online.

Thanks for the heads up!

Sal Perrotta

Postby Sal Perrotta » July 28th, 2008, 10:08 pm

Every time a substantial collection of items related to magic finds its way into the hands of a public institution it is at the will and whim of the administrators of that institution. This example of the Harry Price collection once again shows that magic history is never safe in the hands of public institutions.

It has been said that if the collection comes with an endowment it is safe. I think not! The priorities of public institutions change over time and it seems to me that magic history has never been a priority.

My hope is the this story is not true.....and if it is, then I hope that his material will be purchased and protected by all the wonderful collectors of magic who really value this stuff !!

Return to “Buzz”