Eric DeCamps at the World Science Festival 2008

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Eric DeCamps

Eric DeCamps at the World Science Festival 2008

Postby Eric DeCamps » May 8th, 2008, 3:49 pm

[size:14pt][font:Book Antiqua]Hi Everyone!

I wanted to let you all know that I have been invited to participate as a guest speaker at the World Science Festival 2008 that is being held in NYC from May 28 to June 1, 2008.

On Saturday May 31, yours truly will be joining renowned neuroscientist, Eric Haseltine, in his talk titled, Brain Tricks.

Heres an excerpt of the program:

Eric Haseltine, neuroscientist and contributor to Discover Magazine, is paired with magician Eric DeCamps in a mind-boggling demonstration of magic, brainpower and Illusion. Sleight of hand, misdirection and optical illusions are all part of the fun. Be amazed as things appear from thin air and disappear before our eyes! Is it magic or is it all in your brain? Amaze your friends! Become a Brain Magician!

The event will take place on Saturday May 31, 2008 at the NYU Lecture Hall (aka smart classroom) from 10:00am to 11:00am. For tickets please go to:[font:Book Antiqua][/font] Brain Tricks WSF 2008

For more information on all the World Science Festival 2008 events please go to: http://www.worldsciencefestival.com . Make sure to check the line up of guest speakers because it's impressive.

If you cant join me at Brain Tricks, I strongly urge you to check out one of the many other mind enlightening events at the five day festival. The experience will rekindle your interest in science and the wonder of world around you.

I hope to see you there!

Eric DeCamps[/font]
[/size]

Eric DeCamps

Re: Eric DeCamps at the World Science Festival 2008

Postby Eric DeCamps » May 16th, 2008, 8:13 pm

[font:Book Antiqua][size:14pt] I am happy to report that the organizers of the World Science Festival 2008 have informed me that my event, Brain Tricks, is the first event at the festival to be sold out!

There are still tickets available for many of the other 41 events at the five day festival. So don't wait any longer to pick up a ticket for one of those events or those too will... disappear.

I'm looking forward to see some of you then.

Eric DeCamps

[/size][/font]

DChung

Postby DChung » June 5th, 2008, 1:03 am

I was at the event last weekend and it was great. Packed room, and very receptive audience. The talk itself was interesting, and there were many examples of how our minds help to fool us, and even included a demo of Andrus's Tri-zonal space warp.

Now to the magic. I've never seen Eric work much for children, but with the audience here was mostly families, he did great. He opened up with a piece inspired by Jon Ramsay from his Saturday night cabaret show, and continued with a new rope routine that totally baffled the crowd.

After Eric Haseltine practically challenged the audience to use their newfound knowledge to try and figure out how Eric (Decamps) does his tricks, he introduced Eric D. to close out the lecture. Here, he performed his famous egg bag routine. And the crowd never stood a chance. But they didn't care anyway. They were having too good a time.

Derrick

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » June 26th, 2008, 6:24 am

[size:14pt][font:Book Antiqua]
Hi Everyone:

The July 2008 issue of Magic Magazine has a wonderful detailed report of Brain Tricks written by Richard Cohn.

For those who tried but couldn't get tickets to the sold out event, pick up a copy of the issue today before the issue... sells out!

Also as a reminder, this Saturday June 28th is the last performance of Eric DeCamps PURE MAGIC, A Performance of Contemporary Conjuring at the Metropolitan Room located at 34 West 22nd Street in NYC.

Again, if you havent been able to make a performance, this is your last chance to join me. If you have already seen the show, come again bring a friend and enjoy the magic through their eyes.

For reservations and tickets please call 212 206 0440 or go online to Metropolitam Room

For more information about Eric DeCamps - PURE MAGIC, A Performance of Contemporary Conjuring please go to ericdecamps.com

Best,

Eric DeCamps[/font]

[/size]

Return to “Buzz”