"Fast Company" dvd by Damian Nieman

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tony Riveral

"Fast Company" dvd by Damian Nieman

Postby Tony Riveral » May 3rd, 2008, 10:09 pm

I just wanted to know if anyone would be willing to give me some helpful reviews for the dvd called "Fast Company" by Damian Nieman before I decide to make the purchase. Thanks for your help everyone!

Tony

Roger M.

Re: "Fast Company" dvd by Damian Nieman

Postby Roger M. » May 4th, 2008, 12:27 am

Do you want to do gambling style routines?
Do you want in on some real work?
Do you want to learn some sleights not often taught?

If you answer "yes" to these three questions you'll be more than happy with your purchase.

Perhaps Damian has priced it a bit high to keep it out of the hands of the merely curious?

Tony Riveral

Postby Tony Riveral » May 4th, 2008, 1:53 am

Thanks for the help Blair.

I think Damian and co. made the price demanding due to the quality of the production and unique material presented in the dvd.

As I mentioned in another thread, the second disc may be suspect because some people have complained about it not functioning properly, but I'm still considering the purchase.

Thank you again very much for your help.

Tony

Roger M.

Postby Roger M. » May 4th, 2008, 11:33 am

Tony, Damian is aware of the issues with some of the initial DVD pressings, and he has been personally sending out replacements to those who have had issues with DVD playback.

The issues were experienced primarily by the initial group of pre-orders, and although only Damian could tell you for sure, one could expect that now that they know about the problem, they've dealt with it for all new orders.

Sebastien L.

Postby Sebastien L. » May 5th, 2008, 12:01 pm

I was in the first batch of pre-orders and had some issues with the second disc. Damian mailed out a replacement right away and that one worked fine for me. There was no physical damage on the discs, it was a problem during disc duplication. Inspecting the disc physically will not tell you if you will have problems or not.

For what it's worth I later found out I could play the original second disc properly in my XBox 360. It did not work in any of my other players (computer drives and sony stand-alone dvd player).

Jeff Eline

Postby Jeff Eline » May 5th, 2008, 4:48 pm

I think the discs are great! Lot's of material and very well done. The routine and Damian's teaching on The Invisible Palm are well worth it. I also picked up a very disarming/casual in the hands false shuffle. GREAT!

Tony Riveral

Postby Tony Riveral » May 6th, 2008, 4:06 am

Hey guys, I really appreciate your feedback in terms of the quality of the 2nd disc.

Blair, it's good to hear that Damian is generous enough to help out with replacements. I'm actually considering buying the disc from him in order to save me from the worry. The reason I was so concerned about this is because I bought one of Shoot Ogawa's dvd's from a magic dealer about a year ago and had to replace it twice despite the fact that the store manager assured me that the replacement copy would work the second time and it still did not. However, the 3rd copy finally ran smoothly w/out any skipping. I know Damian has come up w/ a better solution so I'm no longer worried. Thank you again for the update.

Sebastian, it's very intersting how you say your xbox 360 was able to play the disc but your other dvd players couldn't because it's exactly opposite for me. If a disc does not work on my xbox 360, it usually works on another player. I guess Microsoft hasn't been consistent with the quality of their console's but fortunately, you're one of the "chosen ones." =)

Jeff, Invisible Palm is one of my favorite card effects of all time. However, I've never actually performed it for someone because my hands are too small and when I do 'the move' it just looks like I'm spreading cards over. I'm sure if I kept my audience to my right side, it would look great also but I usually perform in a parlor setting so it's kind of inconvenient to position everyone to my right. It looks pretty nice when I practice w/ a bridge deck but I hardly every use a bridge deck and I like bicycle better because they're bigger which means my audience can see the cards better. But I will deffinately be looking forward to that section to see if Damian can provide me w/ some tips on fixing some common errors. Thanks for your enthusiasm.

Return to “Buzz”