Criss Angel's New Show - Believe

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
CraigMitchell

Criss Angel's New Show - Believe

Postby CraigMitchell » April 17th, 2008, 4:57 pm

CraigMitchell

Re: Criss Angel's New Show - Believe

Postby CraigMitchell » April 17th, 2008, 5:47 pm

"CRISS ANGEL Believe(TM)" was unveiled today as the name of the highly anticipated new Cirque du Soleil production set to open at Luxor Las Vegas. CRISS ANGEL Believe starring Criss Angel will hold its Gala Premiere September 12, 2008, with preview performances beginning September 1, 2008.
Tickets go on sale today exclusively to the fans: Criss Angel Loyals, Cirque Club Members and Luxor Insiders. Tickets will be available to these groups online at www.cirquedusoleil.com/crissangel and www.crissangel.com.

The Name

On his deathbed, legendary magician and escape artist, Harry Houdini told his wife the following; "After my death, many people will claim that they are still able to communicate with me. If their claims are valid, they will be able to tell you a code word -- that word is BELIEVE."

Criss Angel is recognized as one of the most provocative artists in the world today. In an attempt to pay homage to the late/great Harry Houdini, Criss chose "Believe" as the title for this unprecedented live experience.

The Show

CRISS ANGEL Believe will be a haunting exploration deep inside the inventive mind of mystifier Criss Angel as he hovers between the land of the living and a surreal world uniquely woven together by the distinctive imaginations of Criss Angel and Cirque du Soleil.

Unlike traditional magic-themed shows, CRISS ANGEL Believe transcends any preconceived notion of what it means to be emotionally engaged by the arts of mysticism and illusion. Imagine a fantasy, an allegory, a highly theatrical tableau of mood, reverie and emotion set against a backdrop of dreamlike darkness and light.

Criss Angel stars as a surreal, enigmatic Victorian Noble. Along a path of imaginative exploration, he encounters Kayala and Crimson, two women who represent different aspects of femininity, four bizarre Ushers, who will introduce the audience to the baroque theater of Criss's mind and a high-energy troupe of characters and dancers who mix a multitude of styles into a high-energy visual feast, punctuated by moments of grace and sensuality.

The stunning illusions in CRISS ANGEL Believe will not be presented as standalone elements, but as interdependent components using heightened imagery, fantastical creatures and impossible feats of legerdemain, all of which will be integrated into the dazzling, colorful fabric of the story.

CRISS ANGEL Believe will be presented in a custom-built theater at Luxor Las Vegas. Preview performances begin September 1 and the Gala Premiere will be held Friday, September 12, 2008.

The Creative Team:

Guide Guy Lalibert
Senior Vice President, Creative Content Gilles Ste-Croix
Original Idea, Co-Writer, Illusions Designer and Star
Criss Angel
Director and Co-Writer Serge Denoncourt
Director of Creation Pierre Phaneuf
Associate Director of Creation Christiane Barette
Set Designer Ray Winkler
Costume Designer Mrdith Caron
Composer, Musical Director and Arranger ric Serra
Choreographer Wade Robson
Lighting Designer Jeanette Farmer
Images and Projections Designer Francis Laporte
Sound Designer Jonathan Deans
Acrobatic Equipment and Rigging Designer Jaque Paquin
Acrobatic Performance Designer Andr Simard
Props and Puppets Designer Michael Curry
Make-up Designer Nathalie Gagn

Director of Illusions John Farrell

Show Schedule:

CRISS ANGEL Believe will be performed Friday through Tuesday with no shows on Wednesdays or Thursdays. Beginning September 1, there will be two shows nightly at 7 p.m. & 10 p.m. Please consult the most current show schedule at www.cirquedusoleil.com/crissangel and www.crissangel.com. Schedule is subject to change without notice.

The preview period will be from September 1 - September 11, 2008. The Gala Premiere is scheduled for September 12, 2008. Regular performances will begin September 14, 2008.

Ticket Information:

Tickets are on pre-sale to Cirque Club members, Criss Angel Loyals and Luxor Insiders starting April 17, 2008. Ticket prices: $150, $125, $99, $79, $59 plus tax.

All preview performances* will be discounted 25 percent.

*Preview performances for CRISS ANGEL Believe begin September 1 and run through September 11. During these performances, the creative team is in the very final stages of production. The audience's reaction and participation is an important step in this process. The artistic team of CRISS ANGEL Believe reserves the right to interrupt the performance to make adjustments as necessary. Schedule is subject to change without notice.

To Reserve Tickets:

During the pre-sale period tickets will be exclusively available to Criss Angel Loyals, Cirque Club members and Luxor Insiders.

These groups can purchase tickets online at: www.cirquedusoleil.com/crissangel and www.crissangel.com

Following the pre-sale, an announcement will be made outlining when tickets will go on sale publicly.

The trademark Criss Angel Believe is owned by Angel Productions Worldwide, Inc. and used under license.

The trademark Cirque du Soleil is owned by Cirque du Soleil and used under license.

Brandon Hall

Postby Brandon Hall » April 17th, 2008, 5:54 pm

I love it...CRIS ANGEL (all Caps) followed by Believe
"Hope I Die Before I Get Old"
P. Townshend

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 17th, 2008, 7:36 pm

For $100 million bucks you'd better believe!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

castawaydave

Postby castawaydave » April 17th, 2008, 8:07 pm

The show will probably be an amazing spectacle.

But the line "Chris Angel as a surreal, enigmatic Victorian Noble" cracked me up.

JimChristianson

Postby JimChristianson » April 18th, 2008, 1:07 am

If they were going for historical accuracy, shouldn't they have called it, "I'm tired of fighting. I guess this thing is going to get me."?

JimChristianson

Postby JimChristianson » April 18th, 2008, 1:14 am

Interestingly, if you go watch the Youtube vid of Criss anno9uncing the name of the show, and IF you make it all the way to the end, the logo has his name on top in letters half the size of "BELIEVE" with is centered directly underneath.

In "BELIEVE the "BE" and "VE" are faded out, so it looks like it also says
CRISS ANGEL
LIE

Now, I'm sure I've just fallen into the the silly little PR trap they devised to get some word of mouth going, but I can't help myself.

MUST
OBEY
CRISS...................................

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » April 18th, 2008, 2:50 am

Wasn't there a Sigfried and Roy show with that name once?

Sue Anne Webster

Postby Sue Anne Webster » April 18th, 2008, 11:17 am

I see what you mean Jim...

also, looking at your post, if you focus on the word

announcing

it almost looks as if there's a "9" in the middle of it...

NUMBER NINE

NUMBER NINE

NUMBER NINE...

Gord

Postby Gord » April 18th, 2008, 1:14 pm

While I can't stand the Mindfreak series on A&E, I loved his first three specials and regret I never got to see his show in New York.
I first, and last, went to Vegas in 1999 and I think it's time for my next visit. Perhaps in October?????

Gord

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » April 18th, 2008, 1:52 pm

Jeff Haas wrote:Wasn't there a Sigfried and Roy show with that name once?

I'm pretty sure the S & R show was named "Beyond Belief".

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » April 18th, 2008, 2:26 pm

Have they started auditioning for understudies yet?

Brad

flynn

Postby flynn » April 18th, 2008, 2:43 pm

I would rather spend my money on the other guys in town.

CraigMitchell

Postby CraigMitchell » April 18th, 2008, 5:18 pm

"I would rather spend my money on the other guys in town."

Give him a chance. With the budget that Cirque works with - they should be able to pull off some amazing miracles ... the strip needs another magic spectacular after S&R's exit ... hope Criss can provide it.

curtisk

Postby curtisk » April 18th, 2008, 10:11 pm

Craig Mitchell wrote:"I would rather spend my money on the other guys in town."

Give him a chance. With the budget that Cirque works with - they should be able to pull off some amazing miracles ... the strip needs another magic spectacular after S&R's exit ... hope Criss can provide it.

Hell, half the stuff those people *really* do in an average Cirque show is magic enough! Angel certainly grates on the nerves, but this should be quite a show.

Return to “Buzz”