Tradeshow Magician on the Daily Show

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Tradeshow Magician on the Daily Show

Postby NCMarsh » January 16th, 2006, 9:02 pm

Jon Stewart interviewed Eugene Jarecki, director of "Why We Fight," tonight. They showed a brief clip from the film -- including footage from a defense industry trade show that featured a few seconds of a magician working for Haliburton. I wasn't able to recognize him, did anyone else see this/recognize the performer?

He appears briefly in the trailer for the film at http://www.sonyclassics.com/whywefight/ (he is the gentleman who says "our business is collusion..." near the end of the trailer)

Best,

N.

Tabman

Re: Tradeshow Magician on the Daily Show

Postby Tabman » January 16th, 2006, 9:17 pm

It looked like my old friend Harrison Carroll in the brief cupple seconds he was on.

-=tabman

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Postby NCMarsh » January 16th, 2006, 9:29 pm

I took a look at Harrison's site and, though it is a brief glimpse, it does look like him.

Thanks tabman.

Best,

N.

Anthony Brahams

Postby Anthony Brahams » January 17th, 2006, 3:32 am

Unless Harrison has an identical twin it must be him!
Anthony

Tabman

Postby Tabman » January 17th, 2006, 8:54 am

It was really fun seeing him on tv last night. Harrison, Lou Gallo, Ray Mertz and I used to hang out together at FFFF and CEMK and beyond.

Harrison is extremely entertaining and competent. He used to make it through Nashville but his current gigs don't route him through here anymore.

It's hard to imagine that two of these three close magic friends are gone and I havent been feeling too good myself lately either.

-=tabman

Postby Guest » January 20th, 2006, 1:44 pm

Originally posted by Nathan Coe Marsh:
Jon Stewart interviewed Eugene Jarecki, director of "Why We Fight," tonight. They showed a brief clip from the film -- including footage from a defense industry trade show that featured a few seconds of a magician working for Haliburton. I wasn't able to recognize him, did anyone else see this/recognize the performer?

He appears briefly in the trailer for the film at http://www.sonyclassics.com/whywefight/ (he is the gentleman who says "our business is collusion..." near the end of the trailer)

Best,

N.
Looks like a great movie - thanks for the link :)

Return to “Buzz”