This may be an evil questions but......

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Kendrix

Re: This may be an evil questions but......

Postby Kendrix » February 9th, 2003, 5:52 am

Pete: I think her name was Lynn. I have an exquisite egg bag that she made. I have never said that Busby's items weren't quality items. I just don't care for him as a person. If I could give Paul Fox's daughter the name and way to contact that attorney, I will. Please let me know.

Postby Guest » February 12th, 2003, 8:48 pm

I suggest we all just put this notice on anything we sell on Ebay.

Attention Jeff: This does not include anything by Paul Fox.

The reason the video tape got dinged is because he is doing a very specific search... for those words alone...and then he fires off his nasty notes...

Of course, if hundreds of items showed up in that search...hmmmmmmmm...

I guess thats the way the cracker falls...

"Rosie"

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » February 13th, 2003, 10:25 am

Lynn Healy, originally from Canada, moved to San Francisco after Busby era... dated Tommy Wonder for awhile, then move to London... she is a major person at Oracle Computers.

Made greatest Egg Bags of all time.

The lawyer is Robert Bluemle. Kaufmann may have a contact. (I will look)... hang on a minute...
found it... RLBluemle1@aol.com
Stay tooned.

Pepka

Postby Pepka » February 13th, 2003, 8:00 pm

OK, I have to ask, if he doesn't really own the copyright to any of these items, why does ebay pull the sale? I can understand if Joe Magician is intimidated by his antics, but shouln't ebay know better? And if they don't; maybe I should start digging for that title I have for the Brooklyn Bridge in my junk drawer.
Pepka

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 13th, 2003, 8:55 pm

eBay is just another large corporation that doesn't want to get sued. Busby has them convinced that he will sue them if they allow the sale of anything with the name "Paul Fox" on it.
I'm thinking of allowing auctions of Paul Fox materials right here on the Genii Forum because we ain't afraid of no Jeff Busbies. Problem is, we're not set up properly for auctions.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Dave Egleston

Postby Dave Egleston » February 13th, 2003, 9:10 pm

I questioned ebay when I was excluded from bidding on an auction Bizzeeebee was hosting - They told me Busybody had an "exclusion" on my bid name - Then I questioned Buttby about the exclusion - of course he didn't have the decency to respond - So I called his shop and the lady said I must have bid on an item that he had pulled --- I don't even know what it was and of course Busboy wouldn't tell me.

I then asked ebay what the deal is about this type of action - They said: It's a lot easier to pull the auction than to go through a bunch of crap - Essentially it's not worth the relatively small fee they collect to go through the b.s. to question an idiot -

So I guess any of us can ask to have an auction pulled - and it's a good bet that ebay will acquiesce.

Dave

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » February 13th, 2003, 10:33 pm

I guess you could just have a Paul Fox for sale section. Or... have a link to an auction site (I know someone that maybe can do it)!
Stay tooned.

David Mitchell

Postby David Mitchell » February 14th, 2003, 5:57 am

Cups and Balls

I guess this must have his head doing 360's then. Check out the description of the economy cups. I am tempted to buy some, and then sell them here. That ought to get his panties in a bunch.
David Mitchell

Postby Guest » February 16th, 2003, 7:59 am

Pete Biro is 100% correct about Busby's "treatment of Danny Dew. I corresponded frequently with Danny. He informed me that he was never paid for any of the Paul Fox items he "lost" including the chucks for the cups and various other Paul Fox releases.

The loss also included many thousands of dollars of other rare, collectable items including many Martin reels and one of a kind props Danny had accumulated.

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » February 17th, 2003, 12:01 pm

Originally posted by David Regal:
Where can I go to see this Svengali video online, or learn more about Mark's pitch?
Today's your lucky day. After a short stint in the deepest, darkest black hole the Internet offers, Mark's website is lit up again. The pitch can be seen here:

http://www.marklewisentertainment.com/tradeshow.htm

John LeBlanc
Houston, TX

Brian Morton

Postby Brian Morton » February 17th, 2003, 12:17 pm

John LeBlanc wrote:
Today's your lucky day. After a short stint in the deepest, darkest black hole the Internet offers, Mark's website is lit up again.
That's good, 'cause ol' Sparky was getting mighty peeved that, while he couldn't sell any of his manuscripts, people were all het up about seeing his pitch, and someone like ol' "Wendy" here had a copy of the RealMedia file.

'Sokay, dude (I know he's lurking -- he posts whole segments of topic threads here to alt.magic), you can go back to being the King Of Your Pond now...

wendy :cool:

Postby Guest » February 17th, 2003, 3:22 pm

Just a suggestion for anyone wanting to put Paul Fox items up on ebay: just transpose the first letter on each name ? Faul Pox. Anyone who wants to sell(especially if they include a picture) and most in the know of magic props will understand. I have a friend who constantly transposes letter like this; he loves the country band, the Chicksy Dicks.

Steve V

Postby Steve V » February 17th, 2003, 4:00 pm

Transposing the letters and deviant spellings comes from one of the music swapping sites. In order to keep the record companies from tracking the Rolling Stones they call then the Solling Rtones or something that folks will get but it throws off the tracking of names.
Steve V
Steve V

Charles Spector

Postby Charles Spector » February 17th, 2003, 4:15 pm

Has it ever ocurred to any of us to have a Busby auction pulled when found? If Ebay is so afraid of lawsuits we could claim the rights to whatever he is selling.

Also, Richard, maybe you could start a letter writing campaign (since you are a respectable magazine publisher) to convince Ebay that Busby doesn't own the rights.

Charles Spector

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » February 17th, 2003, 4:22 pm

Originally posted by mr.e:
Just a suggestion for anyone wanting to put Paul Fox items up on ebay: just transpose the first letter on each name ? Faul Pox. Anyone who wants to sell(especially if they include a picture) and most in the know of magic props will understand. I have a friend who constantly transposes letter like this; he loves the country band, the Chicksy Dicks.
And how does this help people searching for Paul Focks cups they wish to purchase? <g>

Either way, according to the rumor mill, this may all work itself out on its own. I've never personally dealt with Busby, but all indications seem to point to him being one miserable son of a bitch.

John LeBlanc
Houston, TX

brownbeauty

Postby brownbeauty » February 17th, 2003, 4:51 pm

I have tried many ways on Ebay to sell Paul Fox items. As an example-- FOXY CUPS for sale, P--- F-- cups for sale, Faul Pox cups for sale. In all cases I had my auction removed! The last time I tried, I was kicked off of ebay until I wrote a letter apologizing for my actions and signing a note that I understood why I had been kicked off and that I would never sell another Paul Fox item! Be careful!

Rudy

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 17th, 2003, 6:55 pm

Rudy, I suggest that you set a firm price for some of your Paul Fox items and put them up for sale here on the forum. Why not give it a try? We won't stop your auction cause we ain't afraid of no Busby.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Ryan Matney

Postby Ryan Matney » February 17th, 2003, 7:16 pm

Jeff Busby also ends other auctions. My friend, Andy Hurst, posted an auction for a Busby published Richard Osterlind book and Busby ended it as well. Andy bought the book and owned it himself.
Get the Dirty Work - Available now at http://www.ryanmatneymagic.com

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » February 17th, 2003, 9:17 pm

Richard... Pat Hennessy could put an auction site together for Genii... intersted? :confused:
Stay tooned.

John Smetana

Postby John Smetana » February 18th, 2003, 11:33 am

Originally posted by Pete Biro:
Richard... Pat Hennessy could put an auction site together for Genii... intersted? :confused:
Sounds like an excellent idea Pete.

Best thoughts,'
John Smetana :cool:

Return to “General”