Joe Pecore

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Joe Lyons
Favorite Magician: Wonder

Joe Pecore

Postby Joe Lyons » September 15th, 2023, 12:46 pm

Did any of you know or have any biographical information about Joe Pecore?

I'd like to add a page for him on MagicPedia. He had tens of thousands of edits in the 11 years he posted there before he passed away.

It seems a shame he doesn't have his own page.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: Joe Pecore

Postby Dustin Stinett » September 15th, 2023, 1:43 pm

I recall that when Joe died, Richard and I tried to cobble something together on him. There simply was nothing to find (without bothering his family, which we didn't want to do). What Richard wrote in Genii actually speaks volumes about Joe ... my roomie at the Genii Conventions. MagicPedia is his legacy (there is a page on him with one sentence; it's under the name jpecore: http://geniimagazine.com/wiki/index.php ... er:Jpecore), but there is more, especially his generosity with the most important commodity any of us own: his time. Here is the bulk of what Richard penned in the March 2019 issue of Geniii:
Joe Pecore was the nicest fellow you could hope to meet, and was always eager to offer his assistance. He scanned all of the text of Dai Vernon’s columns in Genii so we could produce the book The Vernon Touch, and he was the driving force behind MagicPedia, our online encyclopedia of magic.

He asked for nothing in return for these enormous labors. Despite his illness, he attended all of the Genii Conventions and was looking forward to the next, in the fall. He sent me an email in December, I think, and said he had decided to opt for quality of life over quantity.

He died on January 25, 2019, at the age of 56. Survivors include his wife, Chelsea, two grown and married daughters (Michelle and Stephanie), one pre-teen that lives at home (Sydney), and two granddaughters. This past Christmas, Joe bought all five daughters and granddaughters magic sets because he wanted to be the person to do so.

We had many conversations during our brief time together. All I can add is, though sadly shortened, his was a life well-lived.

Joe Lyons

Postby Joe Lyons » September 15th, 2023, 5:34 pm

Thank you Dustin.
I sent you a PM.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 15th, 2023, 7:09 pm

Dan Smith was Joe's childhood friend. He'd be the person to contact.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Joe Lyons

Postby Joe Lyons » September 15th, 2023, 8:23 pm

Thank you Richard.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 1st, 2023, 1:51 pm

Joe Pecore essentially built MagicPedia and did years and years of work on it. He was the sweetest guy on earth and is sorely missed.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “General”