The Jerx Year Three

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
David Kaplan

The Jerx Year Three

Postby David Kaplan » October 7th, 2017, 8:08 am

Great news for followers of The Jerx: Andy's latest post, Harvest Time, confirms that he'll be back for another year. Meanwhile, The Jerx Year Two still has several months to run.

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Re: The Jerx Year Three

Postby Joe Mckay » October 7th, 2017, 1:14 pm

That is great news.

Of course - it all depends on enough people signing up for another year!

I am confident it will be achieved again this time round. But I am always nervous. I would be devastated at the idea of the blog ending. It is not just that Andy's writing is so much fun (and useful). But also that he some crazy creativity skills when it comes to creating magic as well. This is a side to his work that even Andy doesn't seem to be aware he has a gift for.

Andy made a joke about upping the prices for next year to a thousand bucks. To keep the blog exclusive to die-hard fans.

I thought for a couple of seconds - and said, 'Yeah - I can go to that level'. Alas, it was a joke.

I think his offering is one of the biggest bargains in the history of magic. About three months ago - there was an issue of JAMM that had the two strongest tricks I have ever come across in magic. Not a bad deal for ten bucks...

I love Andy's work. Although I almost have to fight against my instincts to do so. Since I am one of those magicians who became interested in magic for mostly the wrong reasons. In that I am fascinated by every side of magic except the performing side of it. But alas - Andy has opened my eyes to that side as well. This isn't just strong magic you can perform. But strong magic you are compelled to perform since the concepts involved are so inherently interesting and fun.

PapaG

Postby PapaG » October 7th, 2017, 2:19 pm

Joe Mckay wrote:Andy made a joke about upping the prices for next year to a thousand bucks. To keep the blog exclusive to die-hard fans.

I thought for a couple of seconds - and said, 'Yeah - I can go to that level'. Alas, it was a joke.

Please don't tempt him.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » October 9th, 2017, 12:17 pm

Joe Mckay wrote:...
I love Andy's work. Although I almost have to fight against my instincts to do so...

He got my vote with the commentary about counting. You can see where that went on another thread.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

PapaG

Postby PapaG » October 11th, 2017, 8:07 am

Absolutely fascinating material on today's Jerx post.

performer

Postby performer » October 11th, 2017, 8:39 am

deleted for duplication
Last edited by performer on October 11th, 2017, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

performer

Postby performer » October 11th, 2017, 8:39 am

Yes. Fascinating nonsense. This guy knows very little about magic or how to go about doing it. Sorry.

PapaG

Postby PapaG » October 11th, 2017, 9:55 am

performer wrote:Yes. Fascinating nonsense. This guy knows very little about magic or how to go about doing it. Sorry.

What's your issue with the findings?

performer

Postby performer » October 11th, 2017, 10:27 am

You only have to read it.

PapaG

Postby PapaG » October 11th, 2017, 1:47 pm

performer wrote:You only have to read it.

Come on, you can't get off that lightly.

performer

Postby performer » October 11th, 2017, 2:16 pm

In that case it is best to read the other thread.

Return to “General”