Royal road to card magic

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
performer

Re: Royal road to card magic

Postby performer » April 21st, 2017, 3:59 am

MagicbyAlfred wrote:I believe I can state that I know for a fact that Performer's assertion is correct: Harry was approached to annotate the Royal Road, and he had zero interest in doing so. Anyone who hopes that Harry may take on that project will surely do so only in vain. I don't believe that Harry has ever had anything even remotely approaching the appreciation and zest for the Royal Road that Performer has. Performer is the one to undertake the project. Harry is a great writer (and magical entertainer), but even if he was interested in annotating the Royal Road (which he is not), IMHO, no one on the planet could do a more magnificent job than Performer, and I am thrilled that he is doing it!

Harry will be given great praise and glory in my annotations anyway since there are several places where it will be relevant.

magicfish

Postby magicfish » April 21st, 2017, 11:24 am

Today Im giving a pristine hardcover copy to
A young man I know who wants to learn cardmagic.
It is from my personal library so I will have to seek out a new/old copy.
It was tough to part with, but Im glad to be able to help a newcomer.

Chuck Romano

Postby Chuck Romano » May 4th, 2017, 11:15 am

A new edition with a Foreword by Steve Cohen is available in hardcover for just $5.72! See Barnes and Noble's website http://bit.ly/2pchhHS

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Postby I.M. Magician » May 4th, 2017, 12:46 pm

There is someone here on the Genii Forum offering brand new shrink wrapped standard Hardbound copies of the book with dust cover for only $12 including shipping to the US.

You can find it being offered in the post offering the book MY BEST.

performer

Postby performer » May 4th, 2017, 2:38 pm

I.M. Magician wrote:There is someone here on the Genii Forum offering brand new shrink wrapped standard Hardbound copies of the book with dust cover for only $12 including shipping to the US.

In other words you! I have been and I have seen. Very sneaky! And most improper! I wish I had thought of that!

I.M. Magician

Postby I.M. Magician » May 4th, 2017, 2:50 pm

:shock: :oops: :lol:

I.M. Magician

Postby I.M. Magician » May 5th, 2017, 10:32 am

performer wrote:
I.M. Magician wrote:There is someone here on the Genii Forum offering brand new shrink wrapped standard Hardbound copies of the book with dust cover for only $12 including shipping to the US.

In other words you! I have been and I have seen. Very sneaky! And most improper! I wish I had thought of that!

Not improper at all actually! Let's just say I was trying to be cute. :)

But seriously, it's a great deal for a brand new sealed copy of the "traditional" Hardbound copy of the book!

By the way, the Encyclopedia of Card Tricks book offer is over but, if you hurry, you can still get a brand new copy of MY BEST for $11 including shipping to the US.

performer

Postby performer » May 5th, 2017, 11:53 am

Very improper indeed. You are supposed to be posting in the correct section. You never see me mentioning that I have the most wondrous book on the svengali deck for sale at a mere$25. Or an entire DVD course on pitching magic for sale for a hundred bucks. Or my most wondrous memoirs,"The Lives of a Showman".

Oh, that reminds me. A word to Ryan Matney. I have sent everything off to you except the Showman book. My publisher requires a contact phone number for shipping purposes. As soon as let me have it I will process the sale immediately. It is printed and shipped within the United States.

I.M. Magician

Postby I.M. Magician » May 5th, 2017, 12:00 pm

Well, thanks to you, I suspect that I am on the royal road to being deleted. :cry:

performer

Postby performer » May 5th, 2017, 5:34 pm

Nonsense! Several hours have gone by and you still seem to be there! And I bet my little intervention has got you lots of business!

I.M. Magician

Postby I.M. Magician » May 5th, 2017, 8:30 pm

performer wrote:Nonsense! Several hours have gone by and you still seem to be there! And I bet my little intervention has got you lots of business!

Unfortunately, nothing, nada, zilch, the empty set, grand total of zero...not one book sold. :cry:

Let's try this! If anyone buys a book from me, they get to select any one of your books for free! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

performer

Postby performer » May 5th, 2017, 9:16 pm

No money in that for me I am afraid. I am not a bloody philanthropic society you know! I think your problem is that they all own the Royal Road to Card Magic already! If they don't they are missing out on a wonderful book.

Return to “General”