Royal road to card magic

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Sebastian B
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon/René Lavand

Royal road to card magic

Postby Sebastian B » January 3rd, 2017, 2:42 pm

Hi,
I have been doing some light research on The Royal Road To Card Magic and my understanding is that the book was published in 1947. The book was being advertised in december 1947 in the Sphinx (if i am remembering correctly). I wonder if someone has a picture of the cover of the first edition they would be willing to share.

All the best
Sebastian

performer

Re: Royal road to card magic

Postby performer » January 3rd, 2017, 2:47 pm

I love this book. Fully 50% of my repertoire with cards comes from here. To be a good card magician you really don't need much else except this book. And it tells you how to PRESENT the tricks therein. In some ways that is more important than the actual material. Alas I can't help you with pictures of the first edition but no doubt someone else can.

Sebastian B

Postby Sebastian B » January 3rd, 2017, 3:05 pm

Hi Mr Lewis,
I agree with you that the Royal Road To Card Magic is a wonderful book. I bought the book in my teens and have been coming back to it more and more lately. The older i get the more I appreciate the book.

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » January 3rd, 2017, 3:40 pm

Sebastian B wrote:Hi,
I have been doing some light research on The Royal Road To Card Magic and my understanding is that the book was published in 1947. The book was being advertised in december 1947 in the Sphinx (if i am remembering correctly). I wonder if someone has a picture of the cover of the first edition they would be willing to share.

All the best
Sebastian

Here is one recently sold on e-bay that says is a first edition: http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-ROYAL-ROAD- ... 2017093655

Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Sebastian B

Postby Sebastian B » January 3rd, 2017, 3:45 pm

HI Mr Pecore,
Thank you :D I believe this was the cover I saw in Sphinx as well.

All the best
Sebastian

Return to “General”