Conjuring Arts Book Club

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Mahdi Gilbert

Conjuring Arts Book Club

Postby Mahdi Gilbert » November 7th, 2016, 12:46 pm

Hello Everyone,

Many of you know that I have created and run the Conjuring Arts Summer Reading Program for the last few years. Every week of the summer I would create a new ebook version of a classic text of magic and we would release it to the magic community for absolutely FREE. From 2013-2015 we've given away over 40 great magic books, including titles such as Erdnase, Expert Card Technique and even Tarbell.

A lot of people have been asking me, "Mahdi, what happened to the summer reading program?", since there wasn't one this year and now I can finally answer... We've been working on the Conjuring Arts Book Club!

Which like our summer reading program is 100% FREE for everyone!

Here's how it works:

Every month we will release a new ebook version of a magic book completely FREE for the magic community to download, read, and study.

THEN... near the end of the month we will broadcast a livestream onto the internet with an expert in the book's subject to discuss the book and it's contents.

For example, our first Book Club book is Money Magic by Will Blyth. The expert we chose to discuss this book on coin magic is none other than the greatest coin magician alive, David Roth! This livestream took place on Saturday, October 29th.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjZynJNAOiY

*Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to get the link the day of.

Also, as a BONUS... David Roth taught a 2.5 hour workshop on the Okito Coin Box to celebrate the launch of our Book Club.

Please enjoy the Book Club and also: Feel free to suggest books you'd like us to give away in the future and experts you'd like to be in our livestream.

This month's free book is Tricks with Prepared Cards by Donald Holmes. We will be hosting a free livestream with Christian Engblom, a true master of "prepared cards" at the end of the month.

Thank you,

Mahdi

P.S. If anyone is interested we also have confirmed an exclusive online workshop with Dani DaOrtiz. You can find out more about it and our University here: http://shop.conjuringarts.org/store/pc/Dani-DaOrtiz-A-La-Carte-November-19-20th-12PM-EST-NOON-127p1374.htm#.WCC5nvkrKM8

Jackpot

Re: Conjuring Arts Book Club

Postby Jackpot » November 7th, 2016, 1:19 pm

Mahdi, Thank you for your work. I appreciate your efforts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not the one who created the Potter Index.

Mahdi Gilbert

Postby Mahdi Gilbert » November 7th, 2016, 4:11 pm

After struggling with this ridiculous BBCode for half an hour I've finally figured out how to embed a video.

Enjoy! ;)

prodigy

Postby prodigy » December 6th, 2016, 9:50 pm

Hi Mahdi, the December book doesn't appear to be up yet. Do you know when it will be? Thanks.

Mahdi Gilbert

Postby Mahdi Gilbert » December 7th, 2016, 9:41 am

Hi Prodigy,

Yes, it is coming this weekend. I have been hard at work to bring at you a book revolving around Christmas magic in the hopes that our readers can add some holiday spirit to some of their family gatherings and Christmas parties this month.

prodigy

Postby prodigy » December 7th, 2016, 7:31 pm

Mahdi Gilbert wrote:Hi Prodigy,

Yes, it is coming this weekend. I have been hard at work to bring at you a book revolving around Christmas magic in the hopes that our readers can add some holiday spirit to some of their family gatherings and Christmas parties this month.

Great! Thanks for your hard work, Mahdi :)

Mahdi Gilbert

Postby Mahdi Gilbert » May 9th, 2017, 10:01 am

We have a new book to give away from the legendary Robert-Houdin: http://shop.conjuringarts.org/store/pc/ ... s-c127.htm

Enjoy!

prodigy

Postby prodigy » July 18th, 2017, 2:09 am

Looks like there were no books for June, and we're halfway through July without any either. Has the book club stopped?

Return to “General”