Roy Walton's Oil and Cincinnati Reds???

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Roy McIlwee
Favorite Magician: Steve Dusheck

Roy Walton's Oil and Cincinnati Reds???

Postby Roy McIlwee » December 18th, 2015, 8:15 pm

Roy Walton's "Oil and Queens" has a great ending revealing the four Queens. I want to replace the Queens for four members of the 1975 Cincinnati Reds baseball team as you patter, and "these are the Reds". Any ideas on where to have these cards made. Thank you, Roy McIlwee, Scranton, Penna.

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Re: Roy Walton's Oil and Cincinnati Reds???

Postby Leonard Hevia » December 18th, 2015, 9:36 pm

Roy McIlwee wrote:Roy Walton's "Oil and Queens" has a great ending revealing the four Queens. I want to replace the Queens for four members of the 1975 Cincinnati Reds baseball team as you patter, and "these are the Reds". Any ideas on where to have these cards made. Thank you, Roy McIlwee, Scranton, Penna.

I would look for vintage baseball trading cards of these players. Shouldn't be hard in a shop that specializes in baseball cards. Take those four cards to a copy store like Kinkos/Fed Ex and have them color copy the four cards on a sheet of paper to the dimensions of a poker sized playing card.

Cut out the four images using a straight edge cutter found in the lobby of these places. Cement the four paper images onto four blank faced playing cards. You'll have to round out the corners of each image carefully with fine scissors either before or after cementing them onto the cards.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 18th, 2015, 9:57 pm

Roy McIlwee wrote:... Any ideas on where to have these cards made. Thank you, Roy McIlwee, Scranton, Penna.

Cards by Martin? I used to ask Doug Edwards to put together a few cards back in the day. Using dry mounting tissue and a press takes some practice.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » December 19th, 2015, 2:52 am

Roy McIlwee wrote: Any ideas on where to have these cards made.

Roy,

Maybe THESE will work.

There are more than four players from the 1975 roster represented.

I think I would go with Dave Concepcion, Ken Griffy, Johnny Bench, and Pete Rose.

hugmagic

Postby hugmagic » December 19th, 2015, 9:47 am

If you look on ebay at times, there are sets of uncut trading cards that were distributed by the Klosterman Baking Company. No, Ken does not have any more.

I don't know the year off the top of my head but you could probably take those cards and cut them apart and use them. Since they are in a sheet form, it might be cheaper than individual more expensive cards.

Richard
Richard Hughes
www.hughesmagic.com

mr_goat
Favorite Magician: Glenn Bishop

Postby mr_goat » December 20th, 2015, 11:32 am

Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Roy McIlwee wrote:... Any ideas on where to have these cards made. Thank you, Roy McIlwee, Scranton, Penna.

Cards by Martin?

He's been dead a few years now iirc.
Yes, it is mrgoat, I just can't log in with old account.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » December 20th, 2015, 12:39 pm

Brad Jeffers wrote:
Roy McIlwee wrote: Any ideas on where to have these cards made.

Roy,

Maybe THESE will work.

There are more than four players from the 1975 roster represented.

I think I would go with Dave Concepcion, Ken Griffy, Johnny Bench, and Pete Rose.

"Rose is a weed!" (As a Dodgers fan growing up, we used to like to chant that.)

I think Morgan and Perez would replace Griffey and Concepcion for me. What a great team the Big Red Machine was!

To the OP: if you get that deck that Brad recommends, Gary Plants http://thecardplant.com/ can make pretty much anything you want. He's my go-to guy for anytime I need a custom gaffed card, and he's a heck of a nice guy.

Don Hendrix

Postby Don Hendrix » December 20th, 2015, 5:06 pm

If you have a decent ink jet printer, you should be able to scan your images and print them directly onto blank faced cards. Saves a lot of cutting, glueing, and frustration.

Return to “General”