"The Amazing" Randi - An Honest Liar

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
NYCJoePItt

"The Amazing" Randi - An Honest Liar

Postby NYCJoePItt » March 4th, 2015, 8:42 pm

Apparently Randi was hocking his new film at Fantasma Magic tonight in NYC. I got a last minute email this afternoon inviting me to hear him speak about it tonight at 6, but I already had plans. The film opens in limited release this weekend, with a Q&A on Friday night. I am interested in trying to see the film this weekend. http://anhonestliar.com/wp/

Only being casually familiar with both him and Uri Geller, I must confess I was terribly impressed with Geller after hearing him speak at the last/first Genii convention. While speaking charismatically and passionately, he also appeared genuine and honest when sharing his life story.

It leaves me very curious to get another viewpoint and to "spend some time" with Randi.

Jack Shalom

Re: "The Amazing" Randi - An Honest Liar

Postby Jack Shalom » March 7th, 2015, 9:57 am

If you hurry, you can catch the movie and Randi himself, noontime, today at Tannen's.

And then he's at the NY Sunshine movie theater at 2:30 today. Afterwards, a Q and A with Randi, Bill Nye and Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

No word whether they are giving out freebies to those who can hum the Wonderama theme song.

NYCJoePItt

Re: "The Amazing" Randi - An Honest Liar

Postby NYCJoePItt » March 7th, 2015, 11:45 pm

Saw the movie/documentary today and thought it was excellent. I attended the short talkback session with Randi, Jose, and Justin Weinstein, the director/producer. The film delves into Randi's professional and personal lifetime journey. I was thoroughly entertained and surprised. Recommended.

Return to “General”