Identity of this "Camp/Gay" magician please

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Jonathan Townsend

Re: Identity of this "Camp/Gay" magician please

Postby Jonathan Townsend » October 21st, 2014, 9:30 am

? no more painted blue native americans with built in USB interfaces?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Marty Demarest

Postby Marty Demarest » October 21st, 2014, 9:42 am

I agree with you Richard: It would be horribly offensive if you did a blackface act. Not only would you be reviving a condescending performance tradition, but you would be blatantly misrepresenting a racial group for which you have no entitlement to speak. It would be insulting in many ways.

But if you want to doll yourself up in a short skirt and a boa and mince around the Genii offices for the day, I can assure you: It's OK. I wave my fairy wand and grant you the right to be as fabulous as you can be. You'll still be straight. And nobody will be offended. (I take that back--I've never seen your legs. Maybe try a long skirt or some tights...)

In all seriousness, "camp" isn't the exclusive domain of gay men. Straight guys can do drag. They can wear makeup. They can lisp and swing their hips as much as they wish. Those things no longer represent only gay culture. At least in America, we are long past the point where lifted fingers and drooped wrists are codes by which gay men find other gay men. We have Grindr these days.

Confining camp to gay culture is as stereotypical a view as insisting that only women can wear dresses and long hair, and only little boys can play with toy guns and cars. We're past that. Good riddance.

Insisting that there is a "gay" way to behave suggests that there is also a "straight" way to behave. And if stentorian tones and a patrician demeanor are the exclusive property of straight men, then someone should tell some of the bitter old magic queens I've met offstage that they'd better queer up their acts right away.

But I say let people carry themselves however they feel. If Jeff Hobson wants to fly his freak flag high, I say let him. And while he's at it, I think it's bold comedy to flirt with his audience's assumptions. "I'm not, I'm not... I was, I was..." Why not? Even if it's a character, it's a realistic one. I might wonder if he's gay or not, but that is my own stereotypical opinion rearing its ugly head. And I admire him for knocking it back with a guffaw.

billmccloskey

Postby billmccloskey » October 21st, 2014, 10:14 am

Do you find the Cameron Tucker character on Modern Family offensive? Here we have a straight man playing a flamboyant gay man on TV.

TheLovelyDebbie
Favorite Magician: Jerry Sadowitz

Postby TheLovelyDebbie » October 21st, 2014, 11:00 am

At the risk of getting “flamed” back to the stone age, I would like to say that I am immensely gratified that at least 2 respected members of this board who declare themselves to be gay, find nothing offensive about Jeff Hobson’s act….I was beginning to feel alone on my desert island….The fact that they also find his act funny and his stagecraft professional also pleases me no end……That some people find his act repellent or offensive, although I don’t understand it, I do respect their sensibilities and their viewpoint…
I do think that it is very hard to be evangelical about humour and dictate to people what they should find funny or acceptable….who is the arbiter of what is acceptable? By saying you can laugh at this… but not at this, you run the risk of becoming as bigoted as the bigots….I know that I have laughed and still do laugh at “inappropriate” humour….I may feel a bit uneasy after the event but if something makes you laugh, better to release the tension by chuckling than trying to suppress or repress your natural instincts, that is far from healthy…
Comedy is said to be tragedy plus time…A joke about a chicken crossing the road is fine, unless you are telling it to someone whose dog was run over by a driver avoiding a chicken…..As for trying to gauge what you should find funny/entertaining by applying some strange mathematical formula or flowchart to the situation, i.e. “Is the person/situation I am being asked to laugh at,of equal status to me or are they in a subservient less empowered role to myself???” Jeez may as well go watch an Adam Sandler movie.
As far as Hobson’s act goes The you tube clip as supplied here (which was the show that I had seen on the TV last year) shows a very large auditorium packed to the rafters… I appreciate that this was a TV show and therefore it was probably an invited audience…but I’m guessing from his demeanour that Hobson is used to playing large venues….He was obviously considered by the producers of the show to be a suitable act to put on….are we to assume that the large audience that we see laughing and applauding are all unsophisticated homophobic rubes? Or is it more likely that they were genuinely enjoying the show and not analysing their motivations too deeply?
Hobson is a professional magician….I feel that if he was regularly offending/alienating his audiences it wouldn’t be too long before he was playing 40 seat village halls.
Just saying :roll:
And the Lion shall lie down with the lamb
But the lamb won't get much sleep

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » October 21st, 2014, 12:10 pm

it wouldn’t be too long before he was playing 40 seat village halls.

Great. Now you want him crashing into my market. Sheesh...

TheLovelyDebbie

Postby TheLovelyDebbie » October 21st, 2014, 12:11 pm

.... :lol:

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » October 21st, 2014, 12:18 pm

Marty Demarest wrote: At least in America, we are long past the point where lifted fingers and drooped wrists are codes by which gay men find other gay men.

Yes, but was this the case in 1902?????

Consider our favorite text . . .
P. 56
"The action of the wrist is a little varied . . ."
"The swing, and the wrist action . . . are just about the same."

P. 66
". . . as the right hand is raised."
P. 146
"A slight up-and-down motion and a backward turn of the wrist is used."

P. 159
"Raise the hand up"

Consider also Erdnase's attention to detail, and the theatricality of his presentation and his patter. He is well-dressed and has an appreciation for a "showy appearance [p. 170]."

For his first trick he could have performed a standard Ace assembly, but instead he selects "the four Queens as representing the feminine portion of the Smart Set."

He conducts himself "in such a manner that the most critical observer would not even suspect, let alone detect" what he is up to. He "betrays no confidences." "Man cannot change his temperament, and few care to control it." Clearly, Erdnase leads a closeted life.

The clues have been there for all to see for over a century.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » October 21st, 2014, 12:41 pm

That picture of Houdini with a red tie at the end of Carter Beats the Devil?

AJM

Postby AJM » October 21st, 2014, 4:46 pm

The Illusionists clip shared earlier in the thread appears to have been recorded in front of a UK 'celebrity' audience - the kind of show that ITV does on a regular basis.

It was interesting to note that Mr Hobson correctly identified his volunteer as a sportsman and, given ITV's past history of this type of show, the volunteer was probably asked to participate prior to the recording and his name and former occupation made known to the performer.

Of course the volunteer was former Arsenal and England goalkeeper David Seaman.
I'm sure other performers with a similar schtick would have attempted to gain some comedy mileage from such a surname, even if only a cheeky ad lib, however it appears Mr Hobson didn't exploit this opportunity.

Conscious decision or otherwise I wonder?

Andrew

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » October 21st, 2014, 6:28 pm

Bill Mullins wrote:
Marty Demarest wrote: At least in America, we are long past the point where lifted fingers and drooped wrists are codes by which gay men find other gay men.

Yes, but was this the case in 1902?????

Consider our favorite text . . .
P. 56
"The action of the wrist is a little varied . . ."
"The swing, and the wrist action . . . are just about the same."

P. 66
". . . as the right hand is raised."
P. 146
"A slight up-and-down motion and a backward turn of the wrist is used."

P. 159
"Raise the hand up"

Consider also Erdnase's attention to detail, and the theatricality of his presentation and his patter. He is well-dressed and has an appreciation for a "showy appearance [p. 170]."

For his first trick he could have performed a standard Ace assembly, but instead he selects "the four Queens as representing the feminine portion of the Smart Set."

He conducts himself "in such a manner that the most critical observer would not even suspect, let alone detect" what he is up to. He "betrays no confidences." "Man cannot change his temperament, and few care to control it." Clearly, Erdnase leads a closeted life.

The clues have been there for all to see for over a century.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » October 22nd, 2014, 9:56 am

AJM wrote: David Seaman.

Is that possibly because an American would have pronounced is SEA MAN, not semen, like we would. So he didn't see the potential of the gag...

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » October 22nd, 2014, 11:58 am

No, we yanks pronounce it "semen" as well. It's a dreary, old joke.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 22nd, 2014, 2:08 pm

I think we've gotten off track.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » October 22nd, 2014, 2:19 pm

Dustin Stinett wrote:No, we yanks pronounce it "semen" as well. It's a dreary, old joke.

Really, if you saw "Seaman" you'd pronounce it "semen"?

Colour me surprised. Anyway, as RK said, a now interesting thread is popping off topic to a saltier area.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 22nd, 2014, 3:04 pm

Yes, we pronounce both words identically. Now can we move on, please!

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » October 22nd, 2014, 4:50 pm

mrgoat wrote: popping off . . . saltier

I see what you did there.

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » October 22nd, 2014, 6:25 pm

Sometimes I wonder if we do not take ourselves just a tad too seriously around here. Frankly, I think this thread has been faaabulous. 8-)

Arcato

Postby Arcato » October 26th, 2014, 9:52 am

Interesting discussion...
When I first watched Jeff Hubson's performance at Magic Live! in 2011, I really thought he was gay and being gay myself I wasn't offended at all, I actually thought it was very funny. My perception has changed over the years however. I watched him again at The Illusionists and thought that his scheme was wearing off and for me it isn't funny anymore.
I agree with Richard that you probably should only make fun of a group you're a part of...

re A-list actors & actresses, I'm really asking myself who you can call A-list these days or if this A/B/C labelling is a bit outdated in today's fast-paced world? And A-/B- list doesn't say anything about an actor's/ actresses abilities only if he or she is bankable.
IMHO no actor or actress is immune to a flop, not even Tom Cruise or Meryl Streep. Is Will Smith still A-list after "After Earth"? I doubt it. What about George Clooney? (still BIG gay rumors despite his marriage, BTW); he couldn't save "Monuments Men"... was Robert Downey Jr. A-list before "Iron Man"? Certainly not, he was an insurance risk. Hollywood veteran exec Mike Medavoy wrote an excellent book on the subject called: "You're Only as Good as Your Next One: 100 Great Films, 100 Good Films, and 100 for Which I Should Be Shot".

Anyway I think it doesn't matter if it's an A-list or what-list actor/actress if he or she comes out; it's important when they take this step and I applaud to anyone who has this courage.

Jeff Hobson

Postby Jeff Hobson » November 5th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Hello all
I'm guessing you might not have expected me to chime in. I'm sorry for the interruption as I rarely come to these forums. However, I was notified by a friend that my name was being thrown around in a negative manner so I decided to make my pilgrimage as I've done one other time in a similar situation. To save my time, I will repost what I have just posted moments ago to another Genii thread titled "Hobson's Illusionarium getting good reviews". I did another search to find this thread and thought that my feelings are still the same and most of it would apply. For my one or two friends in this thread (you know who you are), I trust you'll find this amusing and understand that I cherish your support and understand and that my response if only for the nay-sayers. Here we go:

I just read this post after a friend of a friend mentioned that they read it.

Yawn. Yes, this is an old and tired argument. I've heard it all before. The rants and pontifications of a few magicians? who's only accomplishments may be reading, writing about or otherwise critiquing others in the field. Performers? Maybe, for a short time or only occasionally. Mostly, armchair referees.

It's interesting to find so many of these nay-sayers who hide behind a computer and spew contempt, critiques and barbs knowing that it's so safe while you're all in secret. You, the same people who will smile to my face, agree to a video interview, come to my lectures (yes, I'm talking about some of you in this thread) but yet, when you walk away you'll speak easy with the few others who will agree with you. I would rather you simply tell me to F*#@ off. At least then, you would be true to yourself and I would get a laugh out of it. We'd all feel better for it.

Using your reasoning, and being a straight, married, Caucasian, I SHOULD be offended at Neil Patrick Harris' straight portrayal of a habitual womanizer for comedy purposes in "How I Met Your Mother". And you all SHOULD be offended at the myriad of other, stock, gay portrayals on television and in the movies by STRAIGHT actors and comedians. (Will and Grace and The Producers to mention a few) However, you're probably not. Why? Because I call myself a magician and I'm an easy target since I'm frequently in the magic news.

By the news and reviews you found regarding the ship show, I do remember that man who complained about me. Guess what? NCL and it's administration insists and urges me to keep on doing what I'm doing even after I mention that perhaps I should go "light" on the gay humor. Why? Because that one man's review is a rarity. The vast majority of people realize that they like what they're seeing and experiencing when I'm on stage. There's only one audience I take my cues on whether or not to do something. It's my "nightly" audiences. If they stop laughing, I don't say or do it anymore. That's pretty simple. If you are to criticize something, perhaps it should be human nature. All jokes and humor belittle someone or something. That's what a joke is. That's what you few complainers need to come to grips with.

I don't like to toot my horn. My friends know me as a pretty down to earth guy who is not racist. To take a small tangent - I'm really over with people who throw around the word "racist" - like my friend Diego in this thread - No, I don't feel myself superior to any other race or culture. THAT is what racism is. Please save the word for the correct use in the future. I simply know that human nature laughs at things that are exaggerations of differences. If you don't think that foreign cultures laugh at us, your mistaken. Maybe we should take an international Poll? . . .or a Hungarian? (that's comedy for those of you reading with sticks too far up your behinds)

From now on, perhaps you should just regard me more of a comedian rather than a magician. It seems comedians can get away with saying anything about anybody and everyone just laughs because they KNOW it's a joke, hence their title. Ooooooh, but I keep the moniker of "magician" in my title. Ah, that may be your problem. OK . . so I'm a comedian. Now, all of you magicians can F*#@ off.

Here's where it stops. Big corporations and producers keep giving me big money to do exactly what you all are crying about. I've been turning down more work than I could possibly handle for the past few decades. 15 years on the Las Vegas strip and now on Broadway with The Illusionists. You say you still don't approve of what I do? Hmmm? Wait! . . . . Smell that? . . . . It the scent of apathy emitting from my derierre.

No need to reply to this on my account. I haven't read Genii since I was a kid (there was no MAGIC Magazine then) nor do I care to frequent this forum although it's seems very cozy for you holier-than-thou sycophants. "Magic's Oldest Magazine"? Maybe it's time for a formal burial. The only time I would ever come to a forum like this is when I think I need to defend myself which happens once a decade. I'm not even sure why I bother. Oh yeah. I just re-read the above. I feel better.

Banachek

Postby Banachek » November 5th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Well there you have it.. I agree with Hobson.. Yes his reply is a little pissy but why not, others are pissing at him.

My gay friends so far are fine with his act. In fact they love it. Hobson is successful. He is doing something right or else he would not be hired time and time again. It seems to me that often the "political correctness" is put out by those defending their friends who really don't need or want defending.

I get it, we protect our friends but maybe we should ask our friends what they think before we defend them and make fools of ourselves.

Jeff you keep rocking, success says it all and you are successful.

Just my two cents that I have a right to.. agree or disagree that is your right, but please, try to see both sides for once, things are not always black and white, they are often shades of grey. And in this world, we have something for everyone. I like it that way.
In thoughts and friendship
Banachek

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » November 5th, 2014, 6:21 pm

I take strong issue with the notion that a critique is without merit if the critic does not make their living doing exactly that which the subject of criticism does.

How many movie critics are heralded film makers? How many food critics make their living as master chefs?

some people are talented performers. Some people are skilled at analysis and observation. Some talented performers lack the ability to critique the work of others or discuss issues related to a field. Some may have no interest in doing so. Do we value the opinions of the hack who makes his living nightly on stage simply because he "works" (and for those who read what they want to read and not that which is written, let me be clear, I am making NO statements about Hobson or his act. It is an example to illustrate a point about weighing criticism, nothing more.)

To dismiss the value of criticism based on the critic and not the criticism is illogical. To dismiss the value of criticism as a whole is foolish.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » November 6th, 2014, 4:30 am

Would have been SO MUCH more sensible for Hobson not to enter this thread. Now, he just seems like

a) we touched a nerve
b) he cannot argue against any of the points raised so tells us all to f*** off
c) boasts about making a ton of money doing the thing many think is offensive

Hey Hobson, guess what, arms dealers make even more than you do! Does profit negate morality?

Get a PR person, you're really bad at this.

(And the PR person would have told you not to get involved as there is no way you can come out of this well).

(And you didn't).

PS Just realised his reply is a cut and paste from 2008 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43838

What an odd little chap.
Last edited by mrgoat on November 6th, 2014, 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » November 6th, 2014, 4:32 am

Banachek wrote: And in this world, we have something for everyone. I like it that way.

Yup, even the horrible people that think that laughing at someone making camp gay jokes is OK are catered for. Thank the lord.

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » November 6th, 2014, 5:03 am

mrgoat wrote:

PS Just realised his reply is a cut and paste from 2008 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43838

Actually it's from yesterday, not 2008.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » November 6th, 2014, 7:30 am

Q. Kumber wrote:
mrgoat wrote:

Actually it's from yesterday, not 2008.

Dur. More coffee was needed. Still cut and paste though. At least I got *that* right. Well spotted Mr Kumber. :)

GlennWest
Favorite Magician: Tyler Wilson

Postby GlennWest » November 6th, 2014, 12:35 pm

It's hilarious that Banachek jumped in to defend Hobson.

Reminds me of Joran van der Sloot's impassioned defense of OJ.
Last edited by GlennWest on November 7th, 2014, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardmaster
Favorite Magician: Rodolfo

Postby cardmaster » November 6th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Quite frankly I don't like Mr Hobson's act, his humour, his material and most of all insulting behaviour towards his volunteer as explained in that cruise ship review. The passenger was not complaining about the gay aspect of things but the fact that he felt abused and insulted with remarks about his weight etc;. Oh, and I don't like the bad language contained in his response to us.

But then I have always abhorred bad taste in magic. However, I will certainly acknowledge that there are indeed people who like that sort of thing and professionals often cater to that market. I further acknowledge that the opinions of other magicians should be of no consequence whatsoever as most of the time they are plain wrong. It is the layman that matters first and foremost.

Having said all this his response is as good as any and he does make some very good points. He is articulate and passionate in his point of view and I thank him for expressing it. It is very difficult to argue with success and he is indeed successful. And I certainly realise that even if he was clean as a whistle and very politically correct magicians would find something else to complain about.

This thread shows the contrast between the attitude of the amateur and that of the professional. It is an interesting dynamic. They do perceive things quite differently. Not that I am saying either perception is wrong, just different. I have always thought that when money enters the picture attitudes change.

Jeff is obviously going to continue as he has always done as with the adage of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". His approach much as many of us don't like it has brought him success in his career. I would cut out the weight jokes though................

P.T.Widdle

Postby P.T.Widdle » November 6th, 2014, 2:59 pm

Jeff Hobson is the greatest living stage magician of the 20th century.

TheLovelyDebbie

Postby TheLovelyDebbie » November 6th, 2014, 3:03 pm

This one is set to run and run :D

cardmaster
Favorite Magician: Rodolfo

Postby cardmaster » November 6th, 2014, 3:54 pm

As a result of this topic I have had a look at some videos of Mr Hobson. It may not be my cup of tea but there is no doubt of his professionalism, stage presence and timing. Oddly enough I was reading yesterday an article he wrote decades ago before he was even known in the business. In fact I got the impression he had just started and it was in his struggling days. Very interesting to read it in light of this thread.

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 6th, 2014, 6:25 pm

P.T.Widdle wrote:Jeff Hobson is the greatest living stage magician of the 20th century.

:D
(I'd hate to think that you thought that such a clever post went unrecognized.)

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 7th, 2014, 10:41 am

When I see that Hobson has done a magic show in blackface with a "black" vocal inflection and faced the reaction, then I'll listen to his opinion on his current act.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » November 7th, 2014, 11:39 am

Someone's line about entertainment as flash fried and covered in glitter comes to mind.

The audience member's comments about feeling less than well treated by a performer merit consideration apart from issues about camp characters.

[ darned auto-correct on fried ;) ]
Last edited by Jonathan Townsend on November 7th, 2014, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Banachek

Postby Banachek » November 7th, 2014, 11:50 am

GlennWest, it's Banachek .... One C, not two. THanks So now you are comparing Hobson and I with murderers.. Wow.. kind of shows how low some people will stoop rather than deal with facts.

and GlennWest ... not sure of the comparisons since I do not play a gay character in my own show. Then again maybe it was a silly dig or barb that means nothing. Not sure. But if so, certainly that would be an insult to the gay community to do so.

Again, I stated it was simply my opinion and the opinion of the gay friends I have who have seen Jeff's show. IT has NOTHING to do with the personal relationship I have or do not have with Jeff.

The issue of how a spectator felt they were treated is a completely separate issue and should be dealt as so. Some people simply hate being brought up on stage. One has to compare that one article with the others. Is it the norm, is it an anomaly?

Post by GlennWest » 06 Nov 2014 10:35

It's hilarious that Banacheck jumped in to defend Hobson.

Reminds me of Joran van der Sloot's impassioned defense of OJ.
In thoughts and friendship

Banachek

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » November 7th, 2014, 12:11 pm

Banachek makes a valid point about the fact that some spectators are very uncomfortable being called up on stage. One would hope that a performer with as much experience as Hobson would be better able to recognize this type of spectator. One would also hope that spectators were treated better by Hobson, not simply as props to be made fun of tfor the amusement of the other audience members.

To see what I mean, watch Jeff McBride with the kid he brings up for Miser's Dream, and read David Kaye's wonderful article in the November Genii about how to choose an assistant.

Matt Field

Tom Pilling

Postby Tom Pilling » November 8th, 2014, 9:15 am

mrgoat wrote:
[...]

a) we touched a nerve
b) he cannot argue against any of the points raised so tells us all to f*** off
c) boasts about making a ton of money doing the thing many think is offensive

[...]

Or, alternatively:

a) this thread is naturally irritating to the subject
b) he made plenty of cogent arguments, and then told a load of sanctimonious tossers to f*** off
c) points out that regardless of condemnatory remarks on a magic forum, he is completely booked up for the foreseeable

:-)

JHostler

Postby JHostler » November 8th, 2014, 9:49 am

Here's what's really offensive: Stage magicians who set the art back 30 years with embarrassing '80s-style dance routines. STOP DANCING.

If Hobson is selling out and "we're" the only ones raising a huge stink, that says more about us than him.
"The gnomes' ambition is handicapped by laziness." Adapted from Charles Bukowski, and clearly evident at http://www.gnominal.com

Diego

Postby Diego » November 8th, 2014, 11:39 am

Hobson says his friends, (of which I am not), do not believe he is a racist, because that would mean he feels superior to others. Actually,far from feeling superior, you are a typical cowardly racist, who reveals his feelings of inferiority, by demeaning those, (Asians for example) that you know you can degrade, without it being unprofitable or having your block knocked off.
You do this because you know you can't make money, (which you so proudly brag about) or get away with demeaning Jews, Blacks or others for whom insulting, racist degrading is no longer acceptable, but knowing how UNsuperior you are to those you can no longer degrade, wimply go find someone you can.

Genii Magazine has a 3-Generation history of speaking out, (the Larsens and Kaufmans are REAL stand up folks) against demeaning others, including those perceived, as, "The least of these",for any reason. (No doubt what you missed out on by not reading Genii all these years.)

After "Magic Live" in 2011, I asked Stan Allen, if it would be acceptable/OK if that cowardly racist, instead of doing his racist stereotyping of Asians, did the same for Blacks or Jews?
He clearly replied, "NO!"
I repled then why was it acceptable to do the same to Asians?
(This is not a knock on Stan, for whom I have gladly contributed articles to his fine magazine, but an example that average decent person, which Stan is, should also ask or be asked, "If it isn't acceptable to do _____to these, why not those others as well? Then think and act on it.)

Yes, there are those in different countries and cultures, who also say take issue, with those who degrade others as well, against those who do.

The NCL insists that their racist coward, "to keep doing what he's doing", as as long as they can see the color of money he makes for them, regardlesss of, at whose expense and at what cost to others.
I have no doubt that they do.

Tom Stone

Postby Tom Stone » November 8th, 2014, 2:16 pm

JHostler wrote:If Hobson is selling out and "we're" the only ones raising a huge stink, that says more about us than him.

Yes, let's all display more of that kind of predatory sexuality in our acts. Let's make it a renaissance for the brassiere trick, and add more lewd remarks that just barely qualifies as double entendres. Nothing is as funny as when a performer brings people he wants to shag onto the stage, and seeing those men and women squirm.

JHostler

Postby JHostler » November 8th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Tom Stone wrote:
JHostler wrote:If Hobson is selling out and "we're" the only ones raising a huge stink, that says more about us than him.

Yes, let's all display more of that kind of predatory sexuality in our acts. Let's make it a renaissance for the brassiere trick, and add more lewd remarks that just barely qualifies as double entendres. Nothing is as funny as when a performer brings people he wants to shag onto the stage, and seeing those men and women squirm.

I'd planned on posting a snarky retort, but Mr. Stone really isn't worth the trouble.
"The gnomes' ambition is handicapped by laziness." Adapted from Charles Bukowski, and clearly evident at http://www.gnominal.com

Return to “General”