How the mighty have fallen

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
mrgoat

How the mighty have fallen

Postby mrgoat » August 13th, 2014, 5:58 pm

I am not sure if Big Brother was ever a thing in the States, but it was MASSIVE over here about 10 years ago. Then it was spun off into 'celebrity' big brother where people that totally changed the definition of the word were put into the house.

Then it got sold to Channel 5, which is the worst, lowbrow nonsense channel ever bought it because no one was watching it anymore and they got it cheap from Endemol.

And now, last minute (which probably means someone pulled out and they were desperate), Daniels agreed to go into the Big Brother house. :(

He obviously thinks it will help sell tickets for his second 'farewell' tour.

It's such a shame to see someone that used to be so good fail to give up gracefully.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/cele ... ls-4039307

70% are not looking forward to him appearing.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: How the mighty have fallen

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 13th, 2014, 6:14 pm

The article states: "The paper quotes a source as saying: "Paul and Debbie are perfect for Big Brother. They're great fun, big personalities and don't take themselves too seriously."

And that's exactly right. I just spent time with Paul: he was great fun, is a big personality, and didn't take himself too seriously. What's wrong with that?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » August 13th, 2014, 6:20 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:The article states: "The paper quotes a source as saying: "Paul and Debbie are perfect for Big Brother. They're great fun, big personalities and don't take themselves too seriously."

And that's exactly right. I just spent time with Paul: he was great fun, is a big personality, and didn't take himself too seriously. What's wrong with that?

The paper is a comic. It's a puff piece. Unnamed sources always means "The TV Production Company's PR Manager". You know better than that RK! :)

I spent time with him too. Twice. He is a washed up old has been that is never 'off'. It is beyond tedious. Constantly making dreadful jokes and thinking he is funny. Debbie is lovely, but Paul is embarrassing. Maybe Americans like his British Charm.

Don't get me wrong, he used to be amazing. But now, he is a washed up shadow of what he used to be suffering from the delusion that the public still like him. As the poll showed, 70% don't. I think he wakes up in the morning and hears the theme tune from his TV show and thinks it is still 1987.

The initial point was that the sort of 'celebrities' that appear on there make the ones that go on the dancing shows etc look like they are hollywood A-Listers. You literally have heard of none of them. It's sad. It stars people that are just not at all famous. So when someone that USED to be amazing is on there, it makes me feel pity for them.

You know Dancing With The Stars or whatever it was called, this is like that, but with no one you've heard of, and smeared in dog excrement on a channel no one watches.

Tom Moore

Postby Tom Moore » August 13th, 2014, 7:11 pm

He / they aren't going in......

...he has managed to get the national press to advertise his tour for him for free though 8-)
"Ingenious" - Ben Brantley: New York Times

thomasmoorecreative

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » August 14th, 2014, 5:29 am

Tom Moore wrote:He / they aren't going in......

...he has managed to get the national press to advertise his tour for him for free though 8-)

Well played, Daniels, well played!

Return to “General”