August 2014 Genii Arrived

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
magicrobharv

August 2014 Genii Arrived

Postby magicrobharv » July 15th, 2014, 10:11 pm

My August 2014 copy of Genii arrived today in Minot, ND.

Max Maven's audio column is priceless (as always). It is very difficult to pick the "best parts" of this month's magazine. But at least for me, Eugene Burgers column and The Tokyo Workshop rate very high on my list. As an amateur woodworker (heavy emphasis on the amateur part) and a DIYer, Voisin's Magic Table (in John Gaughan's The Chamber of Secrets ) is eye-popping to say the least. The Jamie D. Grant and Tom Palmer articles are fantastic. Great issue Richard :D

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: August 2014 Genii Arrived

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 15th, 2014, 10:39 pm

Thanks--glad you liked it.
Don't neglect to check out the audio and video in the digital edition that's free with your subscription!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Re: August 2014 Genii Arrived

Postby Ted M » July 16th, 2014, 12:56 pm

Love the additional book announcement in More Genii Speaks -- not only the Dani DaOrtiz book, but a Miguel Angel Gea book as well? These are good times for magic!

Wow, that's quite the zinger of an audio column from Max. Very pointed, yet still diplomatic. Nicely done.

Dani DaOrtiz keeps doing impossible things. And then he teaches them. I love that he is a regular Genii columnist and hope he continues for a long, long time!

Return to “General”